Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:03:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40986 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 07:08:11 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Wow, BFL is already starting up with their tried and true scammer MO for their new product. Officially monarch is shipping in December and unofficially it's going to be a forever. Plus they're already whining about how many were ordered? At least now they needn't deal with those pesky CC and PP chargebacks initiated by investors when they finally recognize they've been scammed.

It is also telling that even if we assume BFL timeline is realistic AND they are able to keep it AND don't run into any engineering challenges that the main batch of chips won't be delivered until late January early February.  So even if BFL is able to meet their projections the Dec delivery date is completely false once they sell more units than are in the "rocket run".  At best it is would be January or February.  An honest company looking to maximize sales would have offered two different SKUs.  A smaller number of higher priced unit (the rocket run chips) with Dec delivery date and a large number of lower cost units with an "honest" (if BFL can meet their timeline) February delivery date. 

The ROI% for December delivery is questionable but the ROI% for February delivery is solidly negative under even optimistic scenarios.  Just keep in mind that February delivery doesn't include a possible delay due to problems it is the optimistic scenario.  A two month delay (not unreasonable given BFL track record) would mean April delivery.  A smart buyer should run ROI% for February 2014 and April 2014 delivery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:53:16 PM

Wow, BFL is already starting up with their tried and true scammer MO for their new product. Officially monarch is shipping in December and unofficially it's going to be a forever. Plus they're already whining about how many were ordered? At least now they needn't deal with those pesky CC and PP chargebacks initiated by investors when they finally recognize they've been scammed.

It is also telling that even if we assume BFL timeline is realistic AND they are able to keep it AND don't run into any engineering challenges that the main batch of chips won't be delivered until late January early February.  So to still advertise the product for delivery in December when EVEN IF they meet their schedule is an impossibility for all but the first couple orders is just scammy.

The ROI% for December delivery is questionable (although who knows how long difficulty can grow exponentially I think it will become linear "soon") but the ROI% for February delivery is solidly negative.  Just keep in mind that February wouldn't be a delay it would be a best case scenario.

But, but, ... shiny!  Embarrassed

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:02:54 PM

Bait and switch.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:29:43 PM

Bait and switch.

bfl is master baiter.

BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:52:54 PM

Bait and switch.

more of a ''bait 'n wait two more ....insert appropriate period of time here times 2" scenario ;P

mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:55:47 PM

So how long till those who ordered the first 50 pre-orders and will be in the January "bullet run" start selling their pre-orders onto the next bigger fool?  I thought of doing so, but I felt sorta bad to do that.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:13:37 PM

So how long till those who ordered the first 50 pre-orders and will be in the January "bullet run" start selling their pre-orders onto the next bigger fool?  I thought of doing so, but I felt sorta bad to do that.

It is easier now that PayPal bounced BFL out.
In fact, you could probably sell the same pre-order over and over. Then sell upgrades for Monarch 2.0 AND charge a 10% fee.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
vervolioman

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:24:15 PM

According my estimates, over 1100 orders were placed with BFL since Saturday morning. I wonder how many of those are for the Monarch that will have the bullet run chips.

Sneeky motherfuckin' bastards, they are. Leak a new page on their website sans an official announcement, have the naysayers speak the loudest for the past 2-3 days, and receive $5M+ into their coffers

Wow, they are much better than I thought.

I didnt believe there will be more than few orders, but it also mean i know nothing how to make questionable, but successfull business

What use is a signature?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 11:59:31 PM

According my estimates, over 1100 orders were placed with BFL since Saturday morning. I wonder how many of those are for the Monarch that will have the bullet run chips.

Sneeky motherfuckin' bastards, they are. Leak a new page on their website sans an official announcement, have the naysayers speak the loudest for the past 2-3 days, and receive $5M+ into their coffers

Wow, they are much better than I thought.

I didnt believe there will be more than few orders, but it also mean i know nothing how to make questionable, but successfull business

Since the unofficial announcement Saturday morning, 1241 transaction numbers have been created.

Utter Madness!
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:26:10 AM

I'm sorry, but here you are wanting to mine bitcoin,  yet advocating people to use payments other than BTC. Anyone on the outside looking in had better be shrugging their shoulders, wondering why, if a bitcoin miner Doesn't feel comfortable paying with bitcoins, why in the world should they?
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:41:53 AM

I'm sorry, but here you are wanting to mine bitcoin,  yet advocating people to use payments other than BTC. Anyone on the outside looking in had better be shrugging their shoulders, wondering why, if a bitcoin miner Doesn't feel comfortable paying with bitcoins, why in the world should they?
Paying with Bitcoin is only good for reputable business or with escrow.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:51:07 AM

I'm sorry, but here you are wanting to mine bitcoin,  yet advocating people to use payments other than BTC. Anyone on the outside looking in had better be shrugging their shoulders, wondering why, if a bitcoin miner Doesn't feel comfortable paying with bitcoins, why in the world should they?

For "PREORDERS" BTC is not good,no way to refund if things awry............for legit ordering it is good(pay now,ship now)!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:36:58 AM

I accept your apology. I'm not advocating anything and I'm not "wanting to mine bitcoin" I *AM* mining bitcoin. For myself, I wouldn't feel comfortable sending BFL payment for anything in any currency as I feel they're untrustworthy. On the other hand I've used BTC to pre-order from Avalon and didn't think much of it. Those orders were placed in Feb & March of this year btw and both have been delivered. How many 2013 pre-orders has BFL delivered? Zero is it?

I use bitcoin to pay for things all the time, I just don't send them to people I know to be crooks.

nexus99 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:34:24 AM

I accept your apology. I'm not advocating anything and I'm not "wanting to mine bitcoin" I *AM* mining bitcoin. For myself, I wouldn't feel comfortable sending BFL payment for anything in any currency as I feel they're untrustworthy. On the other hand I've used BTC to pre-order from Avalon and didn't think much of it. Those orders were placed in Feb & March of this year btw and both have been delivered. How many 2013 pre-orders has BFL delivered? Zero is it?

I use bitcoin to pay for things all the time, I just don't send them to people I know to be crooks.

No, BFL has shipped some 2013 orders.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:44:44 AM

I'm sorry, but here you are wanting to mine bitcoin,  yet advocating people to use payments other than BTC. Anyone on the outside looking in had better be shrugging their shoulders, wondering why, if a bitcoin miner Doesn't feel comfortable paying with bitcoins, why in the world should they?

For "PREORDERS" BTC is not good,no way to refund if things awry............for legit ordering it is good(pay now,ship now)!!!!!!

Yes and no. There are some companies and some of the DIY builders / designers that do REFUND BTC without questions when there is lead time (pre-orders). Companies and people like that may not necessarily use the BTC to fabricate the "pre-orders". You have to read the fine print. BFL's practices in this regard are more than suspect given what has happened. If you are buying BFL after what has happened with their 1st Gen ASICs it is shear 'madness'. They need to be boycotted from this point forward.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:03:22 AM

One day our imaginary friend John Smith found out the way how to become rich fast and his eye saw shiny add from Butterfly Labs and their FPGA miners.
There he started his journey that might last as long as he lives

Here it started - FPGA ---> wait for a year ---->  
----> upgrade your order to BFL Gen1 ASIC 68nm ---->  
---->  wait for another year ---->
----> upgrade your order (add 10% fee for being impatient) to BFL Monarch 28nm ASIC ----> Here is our friend now
---->  wait for another year or so ---->
---->  Who knows what lies here (upgrade your order to Duke xx nm ASIC!??, fee or free!???)

One thing is sure and that is;BFL is company that will be your friend (for a fee) as long as you live and after (your kids and grand child can continue BFL upgrade path).

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:44:46 AM

long as you live and after (your kids and grand child can continue BFL upgrade path).

Don't post things like this, it may give them idea's  Shocked

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:58:01 PM

long as you live and after (your kids and grand child can continue BFL upgrade path).

Don't post things like this, it may give them idea's  Shocked

Let me therefore ask those of you who have
gathered here today this: do you who know and
care for Kool-Aid-Drinkin'-Monumental-Asshole and BF Labs Inc.
give them your blessings now as they enter into this new
relationship, and do you promise (in the days and
years ahead) to give them your deepest love,
understanding, and support during both good times
and bad? If so, say “We do.” (BFL Sock Puppets
responds in unison).

A match made in heaven.
xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:41:42 PM

ButterflyLabs buying ads on Facebook....    Instead of buying parts to finish the current backlogs....
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:28:56 PM

Yes, this definitely looks like it will be more of the same.  Roll Eyes

We will try to get them out as fast as we can, but we had a fair amount of orders almost immediately.

I'm on a good track now, trying to put the past behind me.

I will try to not stick it up BFL's ass 20 times a day.

This timeline in not written in stone. Unforeseen shit happens in life beyond my control, so please, please, please don't be disappointed if I pen only 15 posts. I promise "Honest Abe" to make it up my penning 50 posts, for the math works out the same--a few at 15 plus the same few at 50, divided by the number of fews equals 20.

Ironically, that motherfuckin' j03h (see what I did there?) has the balls to present another timeline, forgetting (maybe not) that the last timeline he presented this past January went to the wayside.

Sneeky motherfuckin' bastards, they are. Leak a new page on their website sans an official announcement, have the naysayers speak the loudest for the past 2-3 days, and receive $5M+ into their coffers, meanwhile I can't find a barn within 20 miles from my house to steal wood from.

Madness!
THIS is fucking funny
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: