Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:11:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:06:37 PM

Aside from any other flags being thrown, beware any company or individual who's best list of reasons for being better than the competition is to merely insult the competition.

Fuck! BFL went as far as stating that the competition's design is too balky.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:38:02 PM

^ LOL

Totally burst out loud on that, I needed that.

Yeah it's bulky.. to dissipate heat. I guess BFL expects us to cook our breakfast on their cards to help dissipate heat. Because the fan won't do it.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:40:54 PM

^ LOL

Yeah it's bulky.. to dissipate heat. I guess BFL expects us to cook our breakfast on their cards to help dissipate heat. Because the fan won't do it.
Looks quite similar to a HD 7970 fan which will do over 300watts! Of its a problem then they can use the case from a hd 7990 which will do twice that.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:54:03 PM

^ LOL

Looks quite similar to a HD 7970 fan which will do over 300watts! Of its a problem then they can use the case from a hd 7990 which will do twice that.

That's presuming they can use the same thermal dissipation design, which patents won't allow, and that their power specs do NOT exceed their current estimate.

BFL has a great track record for being spot-on with their power estimates. Afterall, promising 20% more output with 75% less power than the competition (who's having the chip designer design their PCB's) using the same architecture? Totally makes sense!

BFL, HOOAH!

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:56:32 PM

^ LOL

7970 is 250W,  7990 is 375W.  They are also designed by AMD with 3 decades of experience.  The 7990 was delayed 6 months due to issues AMD had with power/cooling.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:58:45 PM

^ LOL

7970 is 250W,  7990 is 375W.  They are also designed by AMD with 3 decades of experience.  The 7990 was delayed 6 months due to issues AMD had with power/cooling.

One hotspot on the chip and it is lower clock speeds + months of delay.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:14:21 PM

sounds like a future American greed episode. I hope that's what happens, all indicted and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Avalanche is a must own
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:18:44 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 11:55:43 PM by CoinHoarder

The thing that made me laugh the most (I laughed several time while reading their sales pitch for Monarch) was the GigaVPS quote / Avatar.  Smiley
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:33:40 PM

It's the same stuff all over again...

Lets wait how long it takes for them to announce "trade-ins" for their old gear...

FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:50:37 PM

Ponzi scheme for sure

It's starting to resemble a Ponzi scheme.  They need new orders to get the old ones out.  I'm hoping I'm not a the tail end of the Ponzi scheme.

Man this sucks.

And today I found out from the BFL chat room that BFL is in fact managed by convicted criminals.  I didn't verify this which is why I left it out of the OP but nobody objected when this was brought up so it may be true.

One this is for sure, BFL was the top dog in this sector for the last 2 years and they were behaving arrogant, rude and cruel at times and their customers are not their priority - shipping bulk chips next month proves that if their attitude towards disgruntled customers and jacking their prices by nearly double didn't.

They were behaving like a monopoly much too soon and maybe now they see with all the new competition that future profits won't be as juicy as they have been and not to mention everyone hates them.

Given Their shitty attitude and reputation towards their customers anything is possible with these guys.

I'm waiting for responses from a few attorneys in KS and hopefully I get the green light to proceed with legal action against them.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:34:26 AM

Ponzi scheme for sure

It's starting to resemble a Ponzi scheme.  They need new orders to get the old ones out.  I'm hoping I'm not a the tail end of the Ponzi scheme.

Man this sucks.

And today I found out from the BFL chat room that BFL is in fact managed by convicted criminals.  I didn't verify this which is why I left it out of the OP but nobody objected when this was brought up so it may be true.

One this is for sure, BFL was the top dog in this sector for the last 2 years and they were behaving arrogant, rude and cruel at times and their customers are not their priority - shipping bulk chips next month proves that if their attitude towards disgruntled customers and jacking their prices by nearly double didn't.

They were behaving like a monopoly much too soon and maybe now they see with all the new competition that future profits won't be as juicy as they have been and not to mention everyone hates them.

Given Their shitty attitude and reputation towards their customers anything is possible with these guys.

I'm waiting for responses from a few attorneys in KS and hopefully I get the green light to proceed with legal action against them.

Why wouldn't you persue recourse through state's attorney generals office or FTC?  With a private lawsuit the best you could hope for is "winning" in 3-12 months where winning means spending more in legal fees than you could ever hope to recover.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:47:42 AM

Ponzi scheme for sure

It's starting to resemble a Ponzi scheme.  They need new orders to get the old ones out.  I'm hoping I'm not a the tail end of the Ponzi scheme.

Man this sucks.

And today I found out from the BFL chat room that BFL is in fact managed by convicted criminals.  I didn't verify this which is why I left it out of the OP but nobody objected when this was brought up so it may be true.

Why wouldn't you persue recourse through state's attorney generals office or FTC?  With a private lawsuit the best you could hope for is "winning" in 3-12 months where winning means spending more in legal fees than you could ever hope to recover.

He might get to subpoena information (financials) and depose BFL employees. I would love to read those depositions. I am sure the evasions would put Neo in The Matrix to shame.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:54:24 AM

I've come to hope that most of the bitcoin forum is aware of how scammy bfl's "new product" is.
What we need to solve is the issue of new bitcoiners falling for their trap

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:59:27 AM

Ponzi scheme for sure

It's starting to resemble a Ponzi scheme.  They need new orders to get the old ones out.  I'm hoping I'm not a the tail end of the Ponzi scheme.

Man this sucks.

And today I found out from the BFL chat room that BFL is in fact managed by convicted criminals.  I didn't verify this which is why I left it out of the OP but nobody objected when this was brought up so it may be true.

I'm surprised, Vlad, that you weren't aware of Sonny Vleisides background.

Who exactly is Sonny? Don't tell me he's the founder or the CEO.  It Explains why management tolerated Josh.

What did sonny do exactly to get in trouble?
Ah, that might explain why when I brought it to managements attention to get him fired he started balking and accusing me of stalking or some other bullshit claim.

If we assert to BFL upper management that he is indeed costing the other members money by damaging BFL's reputation....then the others at the company would actually care....

Josh sure seemed to care back when I was but a noob on these forums with only 10 posts.

Interesting theory.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:01:31 AM

Who exactly is Sonny? Don't tell me he's the founder or the CEO.  It Explains why management tolerated Josh.

What did sonny do exactly to get in trouble?

you should continue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110868.0

btw PL is expert about Sonny.)
I think you mean PG, PL doesn't know jack about Sonny.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:05:13 AM

Oh man, NO, not fraud and theft!!!  I was hoping it was like a triple homicide or something.  You know, a crime of passion - a one time deal.  Usually guys who commit fraud don't stop.  Man....add another red flag.

Or maybe he learned his lesson.....
Isn't it apparent by now that Sonny has hired good, honest and hard working people to help run and manage his company?

When have they ever lied or twisted words to fit a forced conclusion about their products?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:10:07 AM

The thing that made me laugh the most (I laughed several time while reading their sales pitch for Monarch) was the GigaVPS quote / Avatar.  Smiley
I also found that hilarious. As if that would somehow add to the whole thing rather than take away from the credibility.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

I also found that hilarious. As if that would somehow add to the whole thing rather than take away from the credibility.
Sadly bitcoin noobs have no Fucking idea who "gigavps" is, They just see a happy couple saying that BFL are great. End of story.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:36:04 AM

It is incredible that during all this backlog issues they still had time to work on 600GH 28nm miner.

They have nothing being worked on.

Anyone can post they are WORKING on something doesn't mean they are and given the "design" as you go with their ASICs so far what makes anyone think they actually have anything? Don't believe it. 

Since I have so much barn wood in stock, I have decided to build furniture with in. I've been developing the idea for the past 6 months, and starting acting upon the idea a couple months ago. The following image is my latest creation.

What's the hashrate and expected power usage?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:06:26 AM

Monarchs are foul-tasting and poisonous due to the presence of cardenolide aglycones in their bodies,
which the caterpillars ingest as they feed on milkweed. Monarchs advertise their unpalatability with bright
colors and areas of high contrast on the skin or wings.

Natures way of telling consumers to BOYCOTT this product.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: