Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:33:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47769 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:15:08 AM

Who exactly is Sonny? Don't tell me he's the founder or the CEO.  It Explains why management tolerated Josh.

What did sonny do exactly to get in trouble?

you should continue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110868.0

btw PL is expert about Sonny.)
I think you mean PG, PL doesn't know jack about Sonny.

I was wondering about that post, but didn't question it at the time for respect for you.

So that no other monumental assholes confuse us, PL only pens posts that are PG rated.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:17:37 AM

The thing that made me laugh the most (I laughed several time while reading their sales pitch for Monarch) was the GigaVPS quote / Avatar.  Smiley
I also found that hilarious. As if that would somehow add to the whole thing rather than take away from the credibility.
Sadly bitcoin noobs have no Fucking idea who "gigavps" is, They just see a happy couple saying that BFL are great. End of story.

Somebody needs to shop an image of Pirate and his long blonde haired wife next to the same quote.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:17:59 AM

There are a lot of nice ASICS shops popping up.  No more monopoly for BFL, no wonder they leashed and muzzled Josh.  They just may treat their customers like humans now.

So my question is:  I'm not a tech guy, I'm an economist guy - so out of all these new ASIC outfits which one is the best? I realize some don't have products yet but what's your gut feeling?

For example my feeling is that Cointerra will beat and exceed everyone, including BFL, KNC, FrostBit, HashFast, ASICminer, Bitfurry, etc, on every level but especially professionalism and treating the customer right and the latter, for me, is worth paying a premium for but I have a feeling Cointerra will beat on price as well.  

So this is great for consumers - no more paying a double jacked up price by BFL for a product you will not see until the difficulty renders it useless.  BFL should at least let little single and Jalapeño owners who haven't received their units yet upgrade by adding additional chips to their units. And I mean besides the current 2GH and 5GH upgrade. A jalapeño and especially a little single can take quite a few more chips - I'd rather pay extra and get some extra hashing power than get a worthless paper weight.  

I hope BFL saves some face and helps out their loyal customers who haven't yet cancelled their orders.  There's lots of us who used PayPal and we could easily cancel but we haven't.  I'm willing to wait but don't give me a unit which can't even make positive ROI, find a win win solution which doesn't involve more waiting.  That would go a long way with existing customers in a world which will soon be overcrowded with ASICS manufacturers.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:18:59 AM

It is incredible that during all this backlog issues they still had time to work on 600GH 28nm miner.

They have nothing being worked on.

Anyone can post they are WORKING on something doesn't mean they are and given the "design" as you go with their ASICs so far what makes anyone think they actually have anything? Don't believe it. 

Since I have so much barn wood in stock, I have decided to build furniture with in. I've been developing the idea for the past 6 months, and starting acting upon the idea a couple months ago. The following image is my latest creation.

What's the hashrate and expected power usage?

Can't you recognize a server rack when you see one.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

There a lot of nice ASICS shops popping up.  No more monopoly for BFL, no wonder they leashed and muzzled Josh.  They just may treat their customers like humans now.

So my question is:  I'm not a tech guy, I'm an economist guy - so out of all these new ASIC outfits which one is the best? I realize some don't have products yet but what's your gut feeling?

For example my feeling is that Cointerra will beat and exceed everyone, including BFL, KNC, FrostBit, HashFast, ASICminer, Bitfurry, etc, on every level but especially professionalism and treating the customer right and the latter, for me, is worth paying a premium for but I have a feeling Cointerra will beat on price as well.  

So this is great for consumers - no more paying a double jacked up price by BFL for a product you will not see until the difficulty renders it useless.  BFL should at least let little single and Jalapeño owners who haven't received their units yet upgrade by additing additional chips to their units.  And I mean besides the current 2GH and 5GH upgrade. A jalapeño and especially a little single can take quite a few more chips - I'd rather pay extra and get some extra hashing power than get a worthless paper weight.  

I hope BFL saves some face and helps out their loyal customers who haven't yet cancelled their orders.  There's lots of us who used PayPal and we could easily cancel but we haven't.  I'm willing to wait but don't give me a unit which can't even make positive ROI, find a win win solution which doesn't involve more waiting.  That would go a long way with existing customers in a world which will soon be overcrowded with ASICS manufacturers.
Cointerra is just another pre-order with unknown delivery. Nothing to see here.

The market needs manufactures with stock on hand, not more pre-order schemes.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:21:13 AM

There a lot of nice ASICS shops popping up.  No more monopoly for BFL, no wonder they leashed and muzzled Josh.  They just may treat their customers like humans now.

So this is great for consumers - no more paying a double jacked up price by BFL for a product you will not see until the difficulty renders it useless.  BFL should at least let little single and Jalapeño owners who haven't received their units yet upgrade by additing additional chips to their units.  And I mean besides the current 2GH and 5GH upgrade. A jalapeño and especially a little single can take quite a few more chips - I'd rather pay extra and get some extra hashing power than get a worthless paper weight.  

I gave KnC a whole bunch of shit when they first came on the scene, but now support them about 90%, if that would help in your decision making.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:23:06 AM

Can't you recognize a server rack when you see one.

You kid, but honest-to-goodness, the first thought when I saw that rendering was "I bet that shelving would hold a lot of my wife's clothing and shoes. Would love to get something like that custom built for our master closet."

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:25:44 AM

I gave KnC a whole bunch of shit when they first came on the scene, but now support them about 90%, if that would help in your decision making.

Ok, so why is KNC your favorite?

It's odd they want like $8,000 for a 400GH pre-order and it doesn't even have a PSU.  I know they're in Europe and PSU's are heavy but still.  At that money a unit should be turn-key.  Just saying and especially now that BFL is selling a 600GH for $4995 and I have a strong feeling Cointerra will beat that.  

There's no room for almost good enough anymore.   If you read up in Cointerra's management and design team, they're world-class.  I don't see a team like that anywhere - not even BFL and BFL is the biggest and has the biggest budget.  So my money is on Cointerra and I'd also bet Cointerra is not gonna ban CC and/or PayPal, that's always a big red flag.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
erk

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:30:45 AM

Ok, so why is KNC your favorite?

It's odd they want like $8,000 for a 400GH pre-order and it doesn't even have a PSU.  I know they're in Europe and PSU's are heavy but still.  At that money a unit should be turn-key.  Just saying and especially now that BFL is selling a 600GH for $4995 and I have a strong feeling Cointerra will beat that.  

There's no room for almost good enough anymore.   If you read up in Cointerra's management and design team, they're world-class.  I don't see a team like that anywhere - not even BFL and BFL is the biggest and has the biggest budget.  So my money is on Cointerra and I'd also bet Cointerra is not gonna ban CC and/or PayPal, that's always a big red flag.
KNCminer is first gen at 28nm, they have mask costs to pay up front. They have already stated that the new price of for the Jupiter 400GH/s unit for November delivery is $5,000. You can rest assured that BFL wont be shipping Monarch in November, it's unlikely they will even have a working prototype by then based on their track record and the reality of getting tape out -> wafers ->bumping ->chip packaging done by then.

scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:33:18 AM

no CLEAR answer from BFL ...

quote BFL forum:

"Jody, are you willing to be drawn on a possible ship date for all orders up to july 7 2013, and are we to assume that as the new monarch card is already in progress that you have expanded operation?
"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/291-friday-saturday-august-16-17-2013-shipping-update.html#comment7221

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:33:35 AM

You can rest assured that BFL wont be shipping Monarch in November, it's unlikely they will even have a working prototype by then based on their track record and the reality of getting tape out -> wafers ->bumping ->chip packaging done by then.

What the fuck happened to you erk ? You went from fervent BFL supporter and apologist to detractor now ?

Jesus Christ. I think I just saw a pig fly by my window.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:35:06 AM

You can rest assured that BFL wont be shipping Monarch in November, it's unlikely they will even have a working prototype by then based on their track record and the reality of getting tape out -> wafers ->bumping ->chip packaging done by then.

What the fuck happened to you erk ? You went from fervent BFL supporter and apologist to detractor now ?

A collision with reality?
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:36:49 AM

A collision with reality?

He must have clicked on a link somewhere. That plus 50 million difficulty can shock a person.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
erk

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:51:00 AM

Not at all, I don't think BFL is a scam like many others do, I still have BFL gear on order. I am commenting on the realities of BFL getting the Monarch out the door by Nov/Dec 2013, I honestly don't think they can do it, happy to be proven wrong. In 2014 the market price for ASICs is going to be well below $10 per GH/s so if you are sitting on an order for months and months you need to factor that into your plans.

When BFL announced their stuff last year, there was no competition, it was pre-order heaven, now the game has changed with several ASIC chip manufactures to choose from, compare that to the two GPU manufactures you can actually mine with, and you can see there is a smorgasbord of ASICs coming within the next couple of months. I think the winners will carry stock on hand like the GPU manufactures do, the loosers will be the ones that depend on pre-order revenue. When you have stock on hand, you can cut deals, do specials, you have flexibility.

scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:09:18 AM

https://www.facebook.com/nasser.ghoseiri

http://fr.viadeo.com/fr/profile/nasser.ghoseiri
SENIOR FPGA, NUMERIC ENGINEER
MONTIGNY LE BRETONNEUX, France

https://plus.google.com/101966666251600904696/posts

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:02:48 AM

I too was a BFL supporter  Embarrassed

Hello,my name is Unacceptable,I WAS powerless against BFL.I now have "The Power" to say,FUCK YOU JOSH!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:25:34 AM

I had the same thought. I can't even insult him anymore.

Perhaps he was fired as a BFL sock? (I kid, I kid!)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:28:33 AM

I too was a BFL supporter  Embarrassed

Hello,my name is Unacceptable,I WAS powerless against BFL.I now have "The Power" to say,FUCK YOU JOSH!!!  Cheesy
We accept you, Unacceptable. Welcome to the light.

Edit: Now if Slock turned....damn...you'd know that so much shit hit the fan that the fan fell from the ceiling from the sheer weight of it all.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:17:10 AM

I too was a BFL supporter  Embarrassed

Hello,my name is Unacceptable,I WAS powerless against BFL.I now have "The Power" to say,FUCK YOU JOSH!!!  Cheesy
We accept you, Unacceptable. Welcome to the light.

Edit: Now if Slock turned....damn...you'd know that so much shit hit the fan that the fan fell from the ceiling from the sheer weight of it all.

slok is still busy sucking josh's dick.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:25:11 AM

http://fr.viadeo.com/fr/profile/nasser.ghoseiri
SENIOR FPGA, NUMERIC ENGINEER
MONTIGNY LE BRETONNEUX, France

Resume padding == a "senior engineer" 2 years out of school with a bachelors degree.

"Design and development of Electronic Systems, utilizing FPGA, CPLD, Microcontrollers (Atmel, ARM), Radio systems and Cryptographic protocols."
FYI, iPhones "utilize" FPGAs, CPLDs, ARM, Radio Systems, and Cryptographic protocols.

But, at least he has been near an FPGA.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: