Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:53:24 PM

I really feel sorry for anyone naive enough to place a new scam pre-order for a monarch. Jesus mary can't people even see that they can't deliver anything in any quantity but Jalapenos? And they are over a year late with everything else.

DO NOT SEND ANY NEW MONEY TO BFL.

Continue to repeat this money saving mantra  Wink

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:28:13 PM

I really feel sorry for anyone naive enough to place a new scam pre-order for a monarch. Jesus mary can't people even see that they can't deliver anything in any quantity but Jalapenos? And they are over a year late with everything else.

Continue to repeat this money saving mantra  Wink

Why discrimate so?  For the most part, if you ain't got it in hand... you're screwed.

DO NOT SEND ANY NEW MONEY TO ANY ASIC MANUFACTURER.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:30:46 PM

Continue to repeat this money saving mantra  Wink

Why discrimate so?  For the most part, if you ain't got it in hand... you're screwed.

Not sure if you know but there were at least 1800 new paid invoices (not just unpaid for orders) placed within 48 hours from the moment they posted the pre-order on the page.

So you are a little late.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:34:54 PM

Not sure if you know but there were at least 1800 new paid invoices (not just unpaid for orders) placed within 48 hours from the moment they posted the pre-order on the page.
Sarcasm is always hard to figure out in text, isn't it?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:37:07 PM

Sarcasm is always hard to figure out in text, isn't it?

Smiley just saying.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:52:45 PM

According to whom? Could you provide a link to a list of orders made?
AFAIK BFL does not publish their numbers.
There is anecdotal evidence of a few people upgrading their 2013 Singes orders. Other than that, it is just inferring that order number = paid order.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:38:09 PM

There is anecdotal evidence of a few people upgrading their 2013 Singes orders. Other than that, it is just inferring that order number = paid order.

According to me.

On August 17, 2013 Order# 1000744XX was placed and paid to BFL's payement processor with in the hour of posting the pre-order details.

However due to an automated payment issue.

The payment was not resolved by the payment processor until Tuesday morning August 20, 2013.

After the payment was processed the Invoice# 1000389xx was posted the the order.

If you have an order you can find it under the "invoices" tab on the "view order" screen

Others who had ordered and did not have similar experience had invoice numbers in the low 37000.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:01:50 PM

According to me.

On August 17, 2013 Order# 1000744XX was placed and paid to BFL's payement processor with in the hour of posting the pre-order details.

The payment was not resolved by the payment processor until Tuesday morning August 20, 2013.

After the payment was processed the Invoice# 1000389xx was posted the the order.

If you have an order you can find it under the "invoices" tab on the "view order" screen

Others who had ordered and did not have similar experience had invoice numbers in the low 37000.

You're assuming a linear system to their orders and that doesn't appear to be the case.

At the same time, given the number of mini rigs and especially singles ordered in 2013, 1800 upgrades sounds on the low side so I can believe it.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:07:59 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 09:30:38 PM by Sitarow

According to me.

You're assuming a linear system to their orders and that doesn't appear to be the case.

At the same time, given the number of mini rigs and especially singles ordered in 2013, 1800 upgrades sounds on the low side so I can believe it.

From what I know the invoices# and not the orders# themselves are for the monarch pre-order, as my original orders from back in 2012 would indicate. Those orders do not have an invoice associated with them.

The fact that old orders do not have invoices still holds true even after recently upgraded shipping on the 2012 orders.

Most certainly one can argue that not all of the 1800+ paid invoices from Aug 17th 2013 to Aug 20th 2013 are for the monarch pre-order. However realize that most of those invoices will be for multiple monarch devices.

Hence why the potential delay till Feb 2014 for late orders.
http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

Edit: Simple math would indicate that within 48 hours at least 1800 Monarch devices multiplied by 600 GH indicate a petahash of hardware will be potentially hitting the network come march 2014.

That reason alone would motivate persons with other investments to attempt to bring down BFL before that ever can become a reality.

I am sympathetic to those that have lost investment opportunities because events did not go as expected.

For one reason or another, I have not gone unscathed to failed ASIC projects in the past. This is a reason I attempt to diversify and support any manufacturer that I feel capable of the task (minus potential scams) and offers up their success to the general public in order to further decentralize the Bitcoin network.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 10:53:42 PM

A) Bitcoin will become more and more centralized not less especially once they get their ETF license.  The meeting by all the heads of federal agencies to discuss bitcoin tells me they will approve their ETF license, thus we'll see $200 Bitcoin orice within 60 days and over $1,000 by next year.

B) Most people here are not trying to delay any monarchs from hitting the market - that's impossible.  Most people here have been burnt by BFL and are simply speaking their minds per their experiences.  Some are more angry and jaded than others but without knowing their individual stories I cannot judge them.  God knows if I had dropped $50K on a couple mini rigs and 1 year later I'm sitting on a devalued asset which is still far off in the distance I may be screaming FRAUD too.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 11:23:18 PM by DeathAndTaxes

From what I know the invoices# and not the orders# themselves are for the monarch pre-order, as my original orders from back in 2012 would indicate. Those orders do not have an invoice associated with them.

There is an invoice # even if not paid.  You haven't explained how you reach the conclusion that 1,800 invoices = 1,800 paid orders.  BFL uses bitpay which generates a unique invoice number for every payment request.  For the record the invoice when checking out now is #100075776.  How many of those are paid orders?  Who knows.  Nobody is doubting you saw the invoice number you did you just seem to be missing the invoice =/= paid invoice link.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:20:29 PM

There is an invoice # even if not paid.  You haven't explained how you reach the conclusion that 1,800 invoices = 1,800 paid orders.  BFL uses bitpay which generates a unique invoice number for every payment request.  For the record the invoice when checking out now is #100075776.  How many of those are paid orders?  Who knows.
I have several invoice numbers on BFL unpaid as I was too slow before Bitpay timed out. The number of paid orders is way less than the invoice numbers would have you believe. I even emailed BFL and reported the invoice numbers that didn't get paid so they could delete them, and they replied and told me just to ignore them.

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:29:02 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 11:59:06 PM by Sitarow

There is an invoice # even if not paid.  You haven't explained how you reach the conclusion that 1,800 invoices = 1,800 paid orders.  BFL uses bitpay which generates a unique invoice number for every payment request.  For the record the invoice when checking out now is #100075776.  How many of those are paid orders?  Who knows.

I feel i have explained my reasonings clearly.

According to me.

Is that number you provided an invoice? or order #?

As stated the order#'s that I had used to compare my order# placed were 200+ over when I placed mine and the invoices on the order were 1800 lower then when my payment was processed. Hence take my invoice and subtract their invoice# for their order and you get more then 1800.

I will leave it up to them to choose to disclose their experience and order details.

I provide info to help you and others reading this post in hopes for them to share their personal observations.

AS I have.

However I want to be clear on what you are implying.

From what I gather your viewpoint is that BFL is using invoice numbers from Bitpay transaction pool that includes invoice numbers from all merchants unrelated to BFL.

If substantiated then I can see your point and as such my statement remains inconclusive until more than the handful of orders that I used in my hypotheses is open publicly.

I have several invoice numbers on BFL unpaid as I was too slow before Bitpay timed out. The number of paid orders is way less than the invoice numbers would have you believe. I even emailed BFL and reported the invoice numbers that didn't get paid so they could delete them, and they replied and told me just to ignore them.

@erk

Thank you for helping confirm that unpaid invoices for orders do exist.

I have not had the opportunity to see if others have unpaid invoices on their orders.

I knew that order numbers could go unfulfilled.

Hence why I used invoice numbers to compare. I have not compared them to unpaid unfulfilled invoices.

The other unknowns for me are.

Does BFL use invoice number generate by Bitpay.

Does Bitpay include invoices from a pool of numbers for all merchants.

Or

Does BFL use Bitpay Invoice Numbers or use their own system generated invoice numbers?

However I digress from the topic of the OP Smiley

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:34:07 AM

I'm gonna make another crazy prediction since the bitcoin ETF seems to be all but a sure thing at this point.

We're gonna have emerging countries switch to an alt coin and very possibly to Bitcoin.  I'm gonna even call the first country to do so:  INDIA!

In actuality it could be Indonesia, Brazil or any other emerging country but I'll stick to India.  The dollar's loose policy is destroying the currencies of these struggling economies.  They have to act soon and if just one switches then there will a very much expected snd desired chain reaction which should take Bitcoin to $10,000.

I know, we haven't even gotten to my $1,000 prediction and I've already upped it to $10,000.  That's how I roll.

Here's a taste of India's problems and it's only gonna get worst.  They're gonna play right into the Bitcoin plan:  Mass Global Adoption.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rupee-where-currency-collapse-confounds-210459680.html

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:43:09 AM

For those dryin' to ask why I locked some threads and, moreover, what flavor it was...

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:57:36 AM

For those dryin' to ask why I locked some threads and, moreover, what flavor it was...

Lol.  I take it that's in response to my $10,000 Bitcoin price target post.

I hear ya, I felt crazy just thinking about it.  So let's stick with the ETF prediction and a $1,000 by next year target for now.  We should hear some leaks any day now regarding the ETF license.  In this case no news is a sign they're actually considering it which is something the pros and experts said was not possible.

As each day goes by with no news the more I'm convinced it's a done deal.  That's why I jumped the gun to phase 2 of the global CryptoCoin domination:  Mass [Forced] Adoption by various emerging Economies/Countries.  

Even the Mighty Germany and the Euro are starting to feel the heat - it's gonna get really ugly really quick.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 06:08:05 AM

Like I was saying:

"Representatives of Bitcoin's largest lobby group met federal law enforcement and financial agencies on Monday as the US authorities increased their scrutiny of the controversial digital currency.

Patrick Murck, general counsel for the Bitcoin Foundation, confirmed the group was meeting the Federal Reserve, FBI, Treasury Department, tax officials and members of the secret service among others."

-----------------

This was the Full Circus Act:  The govt doesn't waste this kind of time and resources unless it's planning to give Bitcoin the ETF license.  At this point you gotta be pretty blind to not see it's a done deal, just like I've been saying since day 1.

So then why shouldn't we seriously discuss the next step:  Which emerging country will be first to swap their entire real paper currency to Bitcoin, setting off a massive global CryptoCoin Swap chain reaction?

Cause if I was so certain and right about the ETF license then maybe I'm seeing something many are obviously missing:  Mainly the pros and experts on TV who were literally laughing at the Bitcoin ETF idea 2 months ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/26/bitcoin-lobbyists-us-authorities-scrutiny

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 07:29:15 AM

Lol.  I take it that's in response to my $10,000 Bitcoin price target post.

I hear ya, I felt crazy just thinking about it.  So let's stick with the ETF prediction and a $1,000 by next year target for now.  We should hear some leaks any day now regarding the ETF license.  In this case no news is a sign they're actually considering it which is something the pros and experts said was not possible.

As each day goes by with no news the more I'm convinced it's a done deal.  That's why I jumped the gun to phase 2 of the global CryptoCoin domination:  Mass [Forced] Adoption by various emerging Economies/Countries.  

Even the Mighty Germany and the Euro are starting to feel the heat - it's gonna get really ugly really quick.

Apologies, but the jib was directed toward myself, having nothing to do with any of your prior statements. Once gain, apologies for any misunderstandings.
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:43:36 PM

B) Most people here are not trying to delay any monarchs from hitting the market - that's impossible.  Most people here have been burnt by BFL and are simply speaking their minds per their experiences.  Some are more angry and jaded than others but without knowing their individual stories I cannot judge them.  God knows if I had dropped $50K on a couple mini rigs and 1 year later I'm sitting on a devalued asset which is still far off in the distance I may be screaming FRAUD too.

Agreed +1
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:23:20 PM

That's what I thought but then last night I checked the update and they were only on feb 2nd.  So they supposedly worked all weekend and then all day yesterday and only moved like 2 days on the jalapeños.

For January they were moving 7-10 days in 1 single day, so I'm not sure what happened.

It's likely due to volume of orders on paydate. Lots of folks presume march/april was the biggest rise in orders, and that could be the case, but nobody knows the actual volume of orders by paydate. BFL claims despite what seems to be slow progress by day, the volume itself was more than prior.

"claims"

I didn't even order a rig or single or little single or anything, but just seeing how slow they're progressing makes me cringe... Also makes me think either very few were ordered, or they're hitting some sort of limit when trying to push things out the door.

It's nice they show the paydate being processed.. but they really should also show unit count as well. There's nothing to be hurt by doing so, but by hiding the count they're just increasing speculation. It would also be nice to be able to see any rise or fall in volume of products shipped and volume of supplies purchased in comparison to new money coming in (ie, the Monarch preorder).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: