Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:43:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:37:07 PM

People need to keep filing BBB complaints and log complaints at the local and state level where BFL is based. There are many, but more need to pile in. Especially if you've received a fully paid order through transfer, where they tack on extra costs/fees and file it under "shipping" or "handling".

Yup, keep up the good work people. Their BBB rating is down to a D.

Buy & Hold
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:43:23 PM

People need to keep filing BBB complaints and log complaints at the local and state level where BFL is based. There are many, but more need to pile in. Especially if you've received a fully paid order through transfer, where they tack on extra costs/fees and file it under "shipping" or "handling".

it WAS at a freaking F, then it Magically got removed because the BBB is a fricking scam

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:33:32 PM

BBB rating is so useless...
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:53:03 PM

There was a post around the middle of September, maybe early September (can't remember which thread or who posted it) by someone who seemed to talk with the BBB via email about BF Labs, where the BBB responded.  I'm paraphrasing from memory but basically the BBB informed the person that they had communicated with BFL and that BFL had stated they expect all back orders to ship by end of September and that the BBB wasn't going to do anything until after the end of September.  Wish I could find that post as it had the email in it, does anyone else remember that post?  Would be nice to inform the BBB of BFL's unsuccessful completion of back orders by their estimated time line.

All in all though ya the BBB is an absolute joke, why it is still around is beyond me.  It is very unrealistic to expect a "toothless" organization like the BBB to be able to anyfuckingthing!!!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 10:01:10 PM

There was a post around the middle of September, maybe early September (can't remember which thread or who posted it) by someone who seemed to talk with the BBB via email about BF Labs, where the BBB responded.  I'm paraphrasing from memory but basically the BBB informed the person that they had communicated with BFL and that BFL had stated they expect all back orders to ship by end of September and that the BBB wasn't going to do anything until after the end of September.  Wish I could find that post as it had the email in it, does anyone else remember that post?  Would be nice to inform the BBB of BFL's unsuccessful completion of back orders by their estimated time line.

All in all though ya the BBB is an absolute joke, why it is still around is beyond me.  It is very unrealistic to expect a "toothless" organization like the BBB to be able to anyfuckingthing!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283853.msg3037771#msg3037771
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:12:20 PM

Here is the real rating that I liked.....I think the site is appropriately named
                             "SCAM ADVISOR"

My computer started beeping and flashing the words "WARNING WILL ROBINSON" when I entered butterfly labs....(well sort off lolz)

Notice that the company is incorperated in COSTA RICA ...oh sonny we can see the escape plan Cheesy

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/butterflylabs.com

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:21:46 PM

Thanks man, that wasn't actually the one I was thinking of though, damn I wish I could find it.  The one I am thinking of had the actual response from the BBB and it basically said, ya we heard your complaint ya we talked to BF Labs and we aren't going to pursue this any further until after end of September because that is when BF Labs said their back orders would be filled.  It was a post in a BFL thread, I don't remember it being it's own thread.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:56:29 AM

Thanks man, that wasn't actually the one I was thinking of though, damn I wish I could find it.  The one I am thinking of had the actual response from the BBB and it basically said, ya we heard your complaint ya we talked to BF Labs and we aren't going to pursue this any further until after end of September because that is when BF Labs said their back orders would be filled.  It was a post in a BFL thread, I don't remember it being it's own thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.msg3045502#msg3045502
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:22:32 AM

Damn you sir are good, that's the one!!  Now if only someone else would follow up with the KC BBB I wouldn't have to do anything  Cool

You must be thirsty after that hard work, may I suggest a nice tall ice cold glass of refreshing Raspberry  ......  (OH YA!!!)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:23:02 AM

What was the link to the BBB rating for BFL?

I would love to inspect the current rating after sep 30th.

Edit: Nevermind found it...and laughed out loud.

http://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-wholesale-and-manufacturers/bf-labs-inc-in-overland-park-ks-1000002011/
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:01:31 AM

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/ Need more complaints I think.

They definitely need to review their Ads.

What is BBB Advertising Review?

BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:28:04 PM

Yeah the BBB needs to know they didn't make their Sept deadline.. not even close, they're barely halfway through and aren't expected to get close to clearing until Q1 2014.

I wonder if the BBB knows that BFL has been adding extra costs to orders which have been paid for but not yet processed, and are holding the orders 'ransom' until the extra handling fees have been paid.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:45:53 AM

Yeah the BBB needs to know they didn't make their Sept deadline.. not even close, they're barely halfway through and aren't expected to get close to clearing until Q1 2014.

I wonder if the BBB knows that BFL has been adding extra costs to orders which have been paid for but not yet processed, and are holding the orders 'ransom' until the extra handling fees have been paid.

They dont give a flying fruit cake ..they are their to sell business services to business

SO its the same as thermos refusing add btc ..it aint going to happen  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:06:02 AM

Viva Phinnaeus Gage, vigilantly fighting the good fight against scammers!
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:14:07 AM

We should all pool together and buy advertising space here... I am sure we could put up whatever we wanted since they allow scammers to advertise?!?!

BFL uses Google Adwords to hook their fish. I am sure that reach is 400,000,000 times better than the bitcointalk forums.

Ah Adwords huh?

Let me go check out their ads.....everyday.....4 to 6 times a day, every week....forever
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:11:15 AM

We should all pool together and buy advertising space here... I am sure we could put up whatever we wanted since they allow scammers to advertise?!?!

BFL uses Google Adwords to hook their fish. I am sure that reach is 400,000,000 times better than the bitcointalk forums.

Ah Adwords huh?

Let me go check out their ads.....everyday.....4 to 6 times a day, every week....forever

That's only a script away lol

vesperwillow

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:35:52 PM

I've been trying to ask BFL's customer support a question about something . Been 4 days now with multiple inquiries sent, no response.

What a company.

Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:45:04 PM

BFL csr had stated that if you send them multiple e-mails the longer it will take to respond. The logic apart from the obvious that your multiple e-mails just added e-mail load to the response cue is that they will count your most recent e-mail and disregard all older ones. Effectively losing your original position (first request) in the cue. Not sure if it was an idle threat to discourage multiple e-mails but when you have to wait 2 more weeks for a response its terrible service.
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:51:53 PM

The sad thing is I'm waiting multiple days between each inquiry.

What a craptastic company.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:06:18 PM

Check out the list of speakers in this conference.
http://www.globalbitcoinconference.com/

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: