Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:06:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:31:39 PM

They likely ordered everything up front in order to get volume discounts--then lost money with some of the issues they faced. The lost time then cost them more money, and the time/backlog/money issue spiralled things further out of control. You'd need more people to overcome the backlog, but wouldn't be able to hire them due to lack of money. Just tossing in 2 cents of thought on that one.

Their mistakes are well documented:

• Designing cases that were inadequate for ventilating the chips' heat output.
  • Ordering PSU's that were unable to match the power requirements of their units.
  • Designing cases and PCB's that require far too much human labour to assemble and test.

I'm sure there are more we don't know about. If they do have n thousand old Jalapeno cases sitting unused in their offices, then they are incompetent for designing and ordering a coffee warmer casing for a chip they didn't have a correct thermal simulation for.

Here's another bit of parlance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_off-the-shelf

The truth is by denying refunds they took no responsibility or penalty for their catalogue of mistakes. They did a bad job and still got the money. That's not a free, open and competitive market place.

They can't even get their ads right:

LOL at the ad..

Yeah I'm not saying they didn't do any of the other stuff, I was just making a general analysis based on inference.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:49:57 PM

Yes, BFL was late.  I've apologized for that numerous times.

Wow, an apology! How many BTC is that worth now that you're months late and difficulty is through the roof and the product you are delivering will never break even. You even said it yourself over a year ago...

I know, for my part, I would not want a device that runs at 200w at 60 GH/s - it would never see a positive ROI.

BTW, how's that "August 2013" tapeout coming along. Still going to make that date that you're still advertising on your webpage?

Buy & Hold
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:56:11 PM

I know, for my part, I would not want a device that runs at 200w at 60 GH/s - it would never see a positive ROI.

ROFL @ that quote.
At least Inaba was correct saying that those 300+W 60GH (BFL) devices are not gonna make a lot of their customers a positive ROI. He predicted that quite accurately, give the man some credit Smiley
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:57:39 PM

You know.. that or the fact that BFL is actually delivering product and has delivered more product than everyone else combined several times over.  Yeah... one or the other.  Gosh I wonder which one.

You are delivering what did you say more product than anyone else of a device that will never see a positive ROI. Oh yeah I thought that is what you said.
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:04:37 AM

Where's that dirty cockroach.....
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:12:10 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 12:24:44 AM by DeathAndTaxes

Inaba, I won't be buying a BFL Monarch or any BFL product from you guys, but I am curious to know if you guys expect to have any delays/issues at all with rolling out the Monarch, whether similar to the ones experienced with previous products, or perhaps not as bad. I'm just super curious and part of my hobby is analysis of the entire cryptcoin revolution. You can PM me an answer if you want. As a disclaimer, I won't reveal your response (if any) to anyone.

Given the source why would you expect an honest answer?   BFL continually lied to their paying customers, the ones who's capital allowed BFL to even exist.  They lied over and over about shipping timeline for over a year.  This goes beyond just delays.  When you say you will be shipping in Nov (after a 6 month delay) and you don't until the following summer only a fool would believe they weren't lying.  Every single estimate, deadline and timeline was completely divorced from reality.   Would you expect anything differently now.

"Monarch is on track" = "We never had any chance of shipping before Feb and now that has slipped to March of course some unexpected problem will happen pushing it into April and even once we start shipping ongoing issues will drag deliveries out through July". 
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 12:20:15 AM

To take your car analogy further, the dealer offered to refund your purchase price up until the time they actually started to manufacture your car.  So... if you "grin an bear it" you did it of your own volition, since you could easily have walked away at any time. Yes, BFL was late.  I've apologized for that numerous times. But the fact of the matter is, people could have elected to get a refund at any time up until we started to manufacture products in bulk and started to spend the pre-order money on product manufacturing.

Doesn't matter. You have to refund until you ship. Too bad your customers can't manage to organize and sue you.

You neglected to mention the fact that nothing illegal has transpired, either... but, we all know you can't tell the truth and are a consumate liar and troll, so that's not really surprising that you'd leave a relevant fact like that out.

Except for the illegal denial of refunds prior to shipping.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:31:57 AM

Wow, an apology! How many BTC is that worth now that you're months late and difficulty is through the roof and the product you are delivering will never break even. You even said it yourself over a year ago...

BTW, how's that "August 2013" tapeout coming along. Still going to make that date that you're still advertising on your webpage?

Be still my beating heart......He aknowledged some fault upon his part ....

This is truly a red letter day ....maybe he is getting to the 5th stage of grief ...as BFL is a cancer on this community  Cool

Oh yeah ..I forgot to say FUCK YOU Inaba...you are a cunt and you deserve everything that you are going to get coming to you

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 01:05:33 AM

Be still my beating heart......He aknowledged some fault upon his part ....

This is truly a red letter day ....maybe he is getting to the 5th stage of grief ...as BFL is a cancer on this community  Cool

Oh yeah ..I forgot to say FUCK YOU Inaba...you are a cunt and you deserve everything that you are going to get coming to you

Bhahahhaahaaaa.

From your mouth to God's ears.

If just one guy here finds the next Bitcoin we should be able to organize and put the beast, BFL, and all the animals running the beast, out of its misery and go after all their ill-gotten gains with a nice civil lawsuit.  And maybe that will bring enough attention to the matter that the Attorney General pushes for criminal charges.  I don't care what anyone says - people were outright robbed and denied refunds long after they paid with no shipments. 

That's illegal - that is fraud.  Time to lawyer up bitches, you know it's only a matter of time.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

Oh, look.

Buy & Hold
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:46:28 AM

Oh, look.

http://bbbscam.net/

people in glass houses....
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:10:11 AM

Oh, look.

Yup... it should be an F stay on F.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:10:41 PM

Given the source why would you expect an honest answer?

I didn't expect any answer at all, I just figured it would be a shot in the dark.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:07:10 PM

Oh, look.

Yup... it should be an F stay on F.
Oh look, Thats the SECOND TIME it's been an F, just wait till they pay the BBB again to remove the rating and set them back to default

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:43:16 PM

This is Josh and interview about his new mini rig at CES : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C4SnUObMd0o#t=40

Sorry! Couldn't resist...
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:31:51 PM

This is Josh and interview about his new mini rig at CES : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C4SnUObMd0o#t=40

Hahahahaaaaaa.  Oh shit, I really thought that was Josh until halfway through.  Oh man, that made me laugh so hard.

It's not fair, this guy has some class, a sweet hairstyle and an actual product to sell.  

Josh the Troll is [far] beneath this guy.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:41:53 PM

I hope Josh the Troll stole enough money by not refunding payments [when they were demanded] to at least get some nice hair plugs.  Cause he's got nothing else going for him where he's going if people manage to get organized.

m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:42:50 AM

Hahahahaaaaaa.  Oh shit, I really thought that was Josh until halfway through.  Oh man, that made me laugh so hard.

It's not fair, this guy has some class, a sweet hairstyle and an actual product to sell.  

Josh the Troll is [far] beneath this guy.

Spot on! You best me to it :-)

Funny how quiet the cockroach is lately hey!

Great vid
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 06:44:38 PM

Those bums at BFL deleted every post I ever made on their website after permanently banning me.

Make note, I never used foul language or got mean, I simply started telling the truth, that we would never see ROI as the difficulty would be at 500 million by Christmas.

Well, now I think we'll be OVER 800 million by Christmas.  

Every piece of obsolete toaster, err, being shipped by BFL (against their customers' wishes) from here on out will be utterly worthless.

If that's not fraud and coercion I don't know what is.

These greedy bastards have buried themselves deep, we just need to organize to finish the job.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 07:00:12 PM

Those bums at BFL deleted every post I ever made on their website after permanently banning me.

They did you a favor. Best to just move on and continue raising awareness of their shenanigans on these forums.

Be aware, that they have broken their privacy policy, so expect intimidation efforts on their part in attempting to silence you, and they will then lie by saying the information they disseminated was already publicly available.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: