Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:11:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing  (Read 380 times)
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:25:34 AM

You can buy Ledger Nano on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46 . . It is about 140 $
You can also directly buy on their web site. https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s. Which seems to be cheaper.

ffs dont buy ure ledger from amazon, ebay or anywhere that is not a trusted seller, plenty folks getting shafted and their coins stolen, use only the original website and DO NOT buy from amazon etc, dont listen to the newbs on here or u will end up getting robbed!

jeez man, imagine recommending amazon etc whats wrong with u folks, dont u read fek all!
TheRayven

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:26:59 AM

Ledger from their website only. They should be adding more alt wallets soon too.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

The exchange is not a safe place to keep your coins there, unless you will trade. They will not be responsible for the loss of your coins later.
You should download using coinomi in smartphone android / IOS. You can control it all the time, and you will not worry about the risk of losing it.
you are a senior member you should know the best way to invest.
biticotalk

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:45:57 AM

Hey,

So I’ve invested into couple of coins and currently holding them on a exchange. Is it good idea or should I download a wallet. For an example what is good wallet for Ripple

Regards
Keep private keys in the safe, and if you decide to trust their exchange, then check the reputation of the exchange
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:50:42 AM

In a good case, of course, it's worth pumping wallets, it's strange that a tami-ranked account asks such questions, because very often, exchanges conduct a rather strange policy, they simply block wallets when pumping coins or even worse just carry out long-term repairs. It's terrible of course.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:52:20 AM

Hey,

So I’ve invested into couple of coins and currently holding them on a exchange. Is it good idea or should I download a wallet. For an example what is good wallet for Ripple

Regards

The offline wallet is always preferred when you have big or small investment and with he portfolio. In the long terms your portfolio will grow in the price and the value into your wallet will increase automatically. This can be seen with ether address or token address and it could attract the potential hackers. This is simple fact that they will take lot of efforts if your wallet contains worth amount of wealth really. So the good idea is to hold it into offline wallet and if possible and you have big investment then just switch to hardware wallets like ledger nano etc. But never keep the funds in the online wallet in general. You may sometimes loose the private keys, or keystone files etc. This cases have already been registered many times and people have offered thousands of dollars to crack the wallets for getting back their investment. So do avoid that trouble you must use offline wallets. The easy one.
kuruyama

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:07:36 AM

I think it not the right to hold your tokens in exchange site because it can be hack of other hackers out there. Many exchange site had been hack already. Just keep your private key if you have wallet because that is the most important to have a secured wallet all the time. Just be extra careful out there because there is many scammers and many hackers all time here in cryptocurrency world.
ansh_848

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:15:53 AM

You have made a wise decision but you should download some app to make instant sale and check price. But if are comfortable without it that's  your wish.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:35:04 AM

Just follow the advice given by members which is perfectly adequate regarding your investments. As for a wallet for Ripple, If you are planning to store your fund for the long term then you should use a Hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:39:01 AM

Hey,

Regards
Don't store most of your altcoins on exchange if you'll only going to hold them for a long time. Download their respective wallets and put it there so if anything happens to the exchange your coins are good and safe. What are these altcoins that you did invested to? Everyone will say here that don't store your coins on an exchange if you have sums of those, you can put a little amount if you'll use it for day trading.

But if are comfortable without it that's  your wish.
It's still the best thing to keep it locally stored with private keys.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 07:50:41 AM

if you do trading frequently please keep in hot wallet like coinbase or myethwewallet.  i can recommended to you myetherwallet its more secure. you can link with etherdelta also

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:10:05 AM

Always invest carefully and don't be too greedy and learn when to sell and buy. Make sure these coins are good and show promising movement. Once you learn this, make sure you store your earnings in a safe wallet like myetherwallet and keep it there secured for future trading, and never give your private keys to anyone, plus i recommend you store the private key on a totally different device instead of your primary device.
Jartsu (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

Hey,

Thanks for all the answers. Yes, I am a Senior Member on this forum, but I haven't done any investing like this before, I just were basically trading with some other stuff so I had to have quick access and used Online wallet for Bitcoin, but as suggested I'm going to get myself a wallet for Ripple. Thanks!

Regards
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:31:04 AM

Hey,

Regards
it depends sometimes its better for fast moving transaction. if you are planing play long term it would be best to safe yours on wallet such as myetherwallet. but there is a fee if ylu plan to move yours coin to other wallet. maybe safe coin on trading site is good if it trusted and well known.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:44:49 AM

Hey,

Regards
hold your coins on the  exchange is a risk. do not forget about it! I advise you to install wallets. it is desirable ,that you have a separate computer for wallets.

lendahawkins

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:49:49 AM

Hey,

Regards
Its ok to keep in exchange if the exchange have a personal password and id. But if wanna more secure download a wallet. There is a lot wallet for holding coin. But better choose a lot people use so it more trusted than should download new wallet that not much people using.

Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:22:40 AM

Only use exchanger as a trading platform, dont use it to store hugh amount of your money.  Use ledger of trezor instead. Here read this as guidelines https://www.ripplecoinnews.com/best-ripple-xrp-coin-wallets

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Mcfee lee

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:43:20 PM

Hey who are you even I don't known you..why give me negative trust
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 01:16:07 PM

I just splitted my money on different exchanges and get registration in myetherwallet and waveslite because u can use them for huge quantity of tokens. Etherdelta was hacked not far ago but u can use it with mew to trade almost all tokens before they get on big exchages.

iqrasalsabila

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:52:51 AM

If you invest some coins and hold them until you trade on exchange, you should not keep them in the wallet exchange, you can be lost them.
As we know that digital currency is not registered under any state law.So, we have to be very careful when choosing a coin purse for your digital currency and for wallet ripple you can use The Ledger Nano S, Unlike other wallets that have been developed for digital money, this wallet actually has a physical look like a USB device, which can be touched and carried in a pocket, so it's safe from hackers but you must buy it around $ 63- $ 95
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: