Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SELL EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!  (Read 799 times)
Speculatoross

Activity: 490
Merit: 353

this is not a bounty avatar

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:58:45 PM

I dont give a fuck how much fiat I can get,
. I WIL SPEND IT ONCE THE TIME IS RIGHT, SPEND, NOT TRADING FOR FIAT.. Btc means a lot more than how much fiat you can get.

this is the real goal:)
not waiting for the price to be "back to normal" (?), holding to speculate fiat, any other bullshit.
hope crypto payments become a recognized standard asap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:42:41 PM

Do not think that bitcoin will not return to those prices, he will do it no doubt, just need for this time I think that by the middle of the year everything will be back to normal

No, I don’t think it is wise to sell everything now, I guess you better hang on and wait for the price to get back to normal. Dont make rush decisions everything will fall into place. Just be patient.
Bitcoin will increase the price but for those who had lost its patience possible already sell everything that they had. Yes I dont think this is the time for selling yet the market is already big its chance to improve the value. We have to take risks to hold and not sell all it's not a good idea.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

I dont give a fuck how much fiat I can get, I didn't sell when it was 150, or 800, or back to 500, or 1000, or 400, ir back to 1500, or 8000, or 20k and I am not going to trade it for fiat even at 10000000000. I WIL SPEND IT ONCE THE TIME IS RIGHT, SPEND, NOT TRADING FOR FIAT.. Btc means a lot more than how much fiat you can get.

Wait, a minute, are you seriously saying you won't sell even if reach 10000000000? Hahaha, come on man. I will though if it hit that price though. But I still stand with what you said though, bitcoin means a lot more than how much fiat you can get from it. It worth more than using it as a trading and we really need to stop cause its losing it value when we do cause we don't know what the future holds for it.
Speculatoross

Activity: 490
Merit: 353

this is not a bounty avatar

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:15:39 PM

I dont give a fuck how much fiat I can get, I didn't sell when it was 150, or 800, or back to 500, or 1000, or 400, ir back to 1500, or 8000, or 20k and I am not going to trade it for fiat even at 10000000000. I WIL SPEND IT ONCE THE TIME IS RIGHT, SPEND, NOT TRADING FOR FIAT.. Btc means a lot more than how much fiat you can get.

Wait, a minute, are you seriously saying you won't sell even if reach 10000000000? Hahaha, come on man. I will though if it hit that price though. But I still stand with what you said though, bitcoin means a lot more than how much fiat you can get from it. It worth more than using it as a trading and we really need to stop cause its losing it value when we do cause we don't know what the future holds for it.

If you had 1Million $ worth in Euro, but you lived in Germany not in the USA, would you sell your EUR to buy USD?

Someone consider btc an asset for speculation, others are waiting for crypto to be accepted and used (spent) as a coin.
Simple as that

henriquelb

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:49:42 PM

The problem in here is that most people think that this kind of dips are just the end of everything, and seriously if you already made more than $100k just by trading, why are you telling us that we need to quit? you can easily make more money in here.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:01:08 PM

It seems you want to manipulate me to sell everything like your word,so you can buy on the lowest right?then you hold and wait for people to buy your assets.one more you are lucky to say it has 110K congrats,I believe but I don't care dude sorry.

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:10:06 PM

At the first place, you must be responsible by yourself. It is you who will be in charge in whatever the mistakes that will be made on your account. Patience is must. No need to rush things so you will not get regret at the end.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:40:54 PM

That's part of being a trader, of course not all the time is you can make a profit. All those pro trader also has an experience of lossing but they still keep on trading and never think of being a scam because it's part of our life, the lossing. With your statement you're basically similar to those gambler who are saying if they win "this site is legit", if they lose "this site is rigged". You are the one who made a wrong a move or mistake that's why you lose so don't blame the market.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:39:12 PM

At the first place, you must be responsible by yourself. It is you who will be in charge in whatever the mistakes that will be made on your account. Patience is must. No need to rush things so you will not get regret at the end.

Every time we device to control the emotions and do not do panic selling nut it is really difficult for some of us as we still end up selling everything when the market goes down only to regret later so it will not be a good idea to sell everything instead we can just hold and wait for the peak moment to sell.

Am I spamming? Report me!
CHILO20

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:14:53 AM

You have a very good point, it could be half true or wrong.

But, you are saying things bluntly as if you have a concrete proof. Yet you don't understand basic supply and demand economics. And how the market, traders/players/whales and other factor works.

We need patience and continuous learning if we want to succeed.
Trading is one of the most mental things, but it can be very rewarding.
It's not for everyone, most newbie traders will suffer this month and some hardcore players will endure. It's also a good entry point for first timers if the downtrend continue.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:38:44 AM

It seems you want to manipulate me to sell everything like your word,so you can buy on the lowest right?then you hold and wait for people to buy your assets.one more you are lucky to say it has 110K congrats,I believe but I don't care dude sorry.
That's just nonsense. The few noobs on this forum that might potentially end up panic selling because of whatever clown on this forum tells them to do so, are so insignificant, that it won't have any effect on the market.

This forum has never been a place where whatever form of "advice" should be taken for granted. People's "advice" here is as trustworthy as "advice" coming from people in the well known exchange troll boxes.

Even kwukduck with all his fud and nonsense didn't have any success in making people sell in panic, and that while he has been here long enough, and consistently kept fudding and trolling the speculation section.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:07:17 AM

I understand what you feel mate but if i was you ill never quit and i will continue to trade cause you will repent when someday you will see the price reach the all time high value again.  You cannot recover you lose if you quit . And indeed the volatility of price always occur which  is so unpredictable and it can affect to much in our profits when we keep holding while the price is dumping.  However i suggest to don't hold while the price is decreasing if you don't want to lose again Much better to sell then buy back when the price increasing again. .
zlatan07

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:24:42 AM

I'm gonna be honest with you all , i have been trading/investing since 2017.

I earned about 110.000 by trading and basically lost it all, i decided to sell the rest and just quit. I'm gonna explain why, this cryptocurrency market
is very manipulative and can easily be controlled and it will never stop. The icos/alts will always keep sucking all the btc cash so it will always be hard for btc to grow and
dominate.

This market is made to make money and profit from noobs it's like a bitconnect scheme. Every dollar that is made by someone, someone will lose money. Every dollar that
is made in this system will be sold to fiat and if there is low btc buy power it will mean that btc will only keep going down. This market is basically made to make
money from new users like a scheme. For example can you actually believe that if you would've put 10k usd into bitconnect you would have a monthly return of about 4500
every month by lending? This is unbelievably high which again means for every btc/dollar you lend out into this cryptocurrency system = someone will lose money that's
the main reason this market won't be there for long. Because it's basically a pyramid scheme.

Good points of view vladimir21, I read your post and you explained it step by step and there is some logic. I see that you have great trading skills and I can just say something to you, make your own scheme and don't quit.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:35:20 AM

It is probably the choice of yours if you wanted to sell everything and lose it all. Or turn to the other side of the book in which you'll just trade again to get it back and gain MORE! I bled a little in some point of my life in which I really hated trading at that point. I lost amounting 9000 USD. And what did I do? I still trade and I got my lost and I'm back on my track. So you got to chose whether you continue your journey here or lose it all and bled for nothing.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:47:05 AM

I earned about 110.000 by trading and basically lost it all, i decided to sell the rest and just quit. I'm gonna explain why, this cryptocurrency market
is very manipulative and can easily be controlled and it will never stop. The icos/alts will always keep sucking all the btc cash so it will always be hard for btc to grow and
dominate.

This market is made to make money and profit from noobs it's like a bitconnect scheme. Every dollar that is made by someone, someone will lose money. Every dollar that
is made in this system will be sold to fiat and if there is low btc buy power it will mean that btc will only keep going down. This market is basically made to make
money from new users like a scheme. For example can you actually believe that if you would've put 10k usd into bitconnect you would have a monthly return of about 4500
every month by lending? This is unbelievably high which again means for every btc/dollar you lend out into this cryptocurrency system = someone will lose money that's
the main reason this market won't be there for long. Because it's basically a pyramid scheme.

No shit. If you don't know what you're doing and is blindly investing in bitcoin uneducatedly then it's no wonder that you have lost everything that you've invested in. I'd like to correct you, bitcoin is not like bitconnect. Bitconnect is a ponzi, while bitcoin is a currency. Bitcoin is not a scheme that promises you infinite returns, it's a free market, if more people believe in the potential of bitcoin then the price will naturally go up.

Learn these basics before you even attempt to trade anything.

Cryptocurrencies have a long way to go. While the price may drop in the short term the long term price should hold up and continue to grow, in my opinion.

Smiley
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:51:10 AM

Hello Vladimir,

dominate.

This market is made to make money and profit from noobs it's like a bitconnect scheme. Every dollar that is made by someone, someone will lose money.

You are right of course.

I will also tell you my story.  As I'm libertarian-inclined, free/liberty money is something that always interested me, and I was quite close to the developments of David Schaum's e-cash in the 1990-ies.  That was a total failure, and when I heard about bitcoin in something like 2011 or 2012 for the first time, my idea was "been there, done that, silly stuff that doesn't work", and I didn't give it any further attention.
However, for totally unexpected reasons, I looked deeper into it in 2014, and I found the cryptographic scheme quite brilliant.  I believed the "currency on the internet" stuff, I was acquainted with the Austrian school, and most importantly, in 2014, bitcoin had its bubble just before, which I didn't take part in.

My idea was that an asset that had known a speculative bubble and burst, would be "cured" of all speculative temptation in the future, and as I believed in the "money of the future", I bought some (around, on average, $300 per coin).  But it continued to decline slowly.  So I tried to estimate the "fundamentals" of bitcoin, which, if it is a currency for real, can be estimated by Fisher's formula (total amount of money, velocity, and total amount of stuff bought with it).  There was Silk Road of course, and some other stuff.... and my estimation came out to something like $10 or $20, as the fundamental, Fisher-formula induced price of bitcoin.   I thought to myself, I'm an idiot, I sell everything, and buy back when it is a few tens of $.  So I sold... in January 2015, the lowest point, around $200.  I lost $100 per coin.  I expected the down trend to continue until bitcoin hit its fundamentals.  But no, it started rising again !  So I thought that my estimation was wrong, there was more bitcoin usage than I realized.  I bought back in around, yes, $300.  The very slow rise seemed to go on par with its currency usage adoption... until the slope became too steep.  That was not on par with reality.  In the mean time, I learned about Nash ideal money theory, and I realized that bitcoin, being a collectible, can never be a good currency.  In fact, it is not a currency at all.  It is a speculative asset.  It is one of the purest forms of speculative asset.  

I also had another problem with bitcoin.  When there was the bitstamp hacking, and people were chasing the thieves, I realized that bitcoin's transparency was extremely dangerous.  I looked into more privacy-oriented coins, Darkcoin (now DASH) and Monero, and bought  some at ridiculously low prices, because my idea was that bitcoin was now a dangerous form of money, where all your actions are graved into stone forever and visible to anyone.

But if bitcoin is not a currency, and if its price is not made by the tension of offer and demand for its usage as a currency (that's what Fisher's formula expresses), then where does the value of bitcoin come from ?  The answer is: "from a greater fool's belief".  Bitcoin is the purest form of recursive belief.  I don't believe that bitcoin has any fundamental value, but that doesn't matter, as long as YOU believe it has value, I can rationally accept bitcoin against value, because I can sell it to you.  And you maybe don't believe honestly in the value of bitcoin, but as long as Joe believes in it, you can do so too, because you can sell your coins to Joe.  And so on.

Now, there are two solutions to this game: a bubble, and a "store of value" version.  The bubble version is that you think that you will find people that will pay much more for the asset than you have to pay for now.  In other words, you're a fool buying the stuff, but you hope to find an even greater one.  That's like a pyramid game: in the end you run out of greater fools, but it is the last layer of fools (the greatest fools) that pay for the benefit of all their predecessors.  
But there's also a steady-state solution to it: you're not expecting MORE than you put in it, but you consider that it is a safe heaven for the value.  You're not looking for a "greater fool" but for a "same fool".  Gold is like that.  Nobody expects to make benefit by holding gold.  But you are convinced that if you buy gold now, it will still hold that same value 60 years from now (give or take a small factor).  Gold that will buy 10 houses now, will most probably also buy about 10 houses 60 years from now (maybe 3, maybe 30 houses).  You do not expect that gold to buy you a whole town 60 years from now, nor do you expect to being able to buy simply a bicycle with it.  That's a sustainable form of "equal fool".

Now, bitcoin seems to play in the "get rich quickly" scheme, that is, the greater fool stuff.  Almost the only reason why people buy bitcoin, is to sell it later at a higher price, not, like me, to try to use it on Openbazaar or buy their VPN/VPS services with for privacy.  That's pure "greater fool".  That has to end one day, because, as you say, it is a pyramid game that stops when one runs out of greater fools.

I don't know if we just witnessed that.  Are there still enough greater fools on earth, that will make the people that bought at $17 000 rich ?  That is to say, are willing to pay $170 000 for a coin ?  With what hope ?   To sell it for $1 700 000  a coin ?  Seriously ?  Who would buy it at $1 700 000 a coin ?  A fool thinking that he'll be able to sell it at $17 000 000 ?  Really ?   In fact, maybe.  I'll tell you why: alt coins.

If bitcoin were alone, the above phrase should make you think that nobody is going to buy bitcoin at $170 000.  But then, why did some idiots buy at $17 000 ?  What were they hoping for ?  But that was already the case at $1700:  who was expecting, one year ago, that you would find idiots buying at $17 000 ?  But without that, what's the point of buying at $1700 ?

But now, there are alt coins.  With alt coins, you can continue to play this greater fool game without ends, because one day, bitcoin rises, the next day, bitcoin falls, but ethereum rises, and the third day, ethereum falls but cardano rises, etc....

You don't have an *asset* any more, but you have a *market*.  With a market with several assets, rising and falling, newcomers jumping in, oldies dying, the "greater fool game" can continue forever, with limited market cap, because the capital that is in coinX today, can move to coinY tomorrow, and to coinZ the day after, without the need of NEW greater fools.

That's exactly what the financial world is.  The derivatives market is 10 times bigger than earth's economy.  So all that is hot air, but nevertheless, big finance plays in this since years.

It is, as you say, a big zero-sum game.  It doesn't create any value, but it is a casino.  There are losers, that pay for the winners.  But the losers continue playing, with the hope of being the winner one day.  And all economic value produced by people is eaten by that monster.

Well, the whole crypto market is evolving towards that finance market, but "on steroids".   Why would financial gamblers (big banks etc...) be satisfied with a volatility of half a percent per day, if they can have 20% in the crypto market ?  Crypto is way, way, way more interesting as a big finance casino than "real-world derivatives".  It is international, opaque, decentralized, you don't know who the participants are....

And that's why I think that this market will grow.  I think the crypto market will eat the derivatives market in the long run.  That useless, dangerous beast that fucks up all of sensible economic action, and dictates human and political action by its shear financial muscle will get doped by crypto.  Its booms and busts will make a crisis like 2007 pale in comparison.  And the control will be entirely opaque, international, and without any oversight.  This is going to go sky-high, and destroy everything on its way.

Every dollar that

It is much more sophisticated than that.   The whole derivatives market of big finance doesn't make sense either.  But it is what dictates our society.  For the moment, there are still legal restrictions on those markets, but crypto will eat all that.

This is why I think that bitcoin at a million $ is thinkable - except if bitcoin dies earlier with its clunky devs.
Casdinyard

Activity: 2044
Merit: 876

Leading Crypto Sports Betting and Casino Platform

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:05:10 AM

It's totally depends on how you perceive what OP said, if you think that reading his post somehow manipulating nor hypnotizing you then you should think the other way around. OP just want to point out that this whole market is manipulated and we're just like a puppet that just followed whatever these big whales has to say. It's quite true but we still continuing here because of the profit that we can't get from anything and every where and most likely blinded by the truth.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
DPoS2

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:06:08 AM

If you had 1Million $ worth in Euro, but you lived in Germany not in the USA, would you sell your EUR to buy USD?

Someone consider btc an asset for speculation, others are waiting for crypto to be accepted and used (spent) as a coin.
Simple as that

I never trade bitcoin to fiat...  only spent for things directly

Learn the *Truth* about Big Company Mining Pools!!! Stop Giving Your Money Away!!!
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:29:52 AM

OP we are similar i join since 2017 here but my investing really going good and i'm proud that i already earn in xrb and in eth with bitcoin of course,i still continue to do trading here and i add xrp in my investing i think i still hold this until 2019 actually 3x of my profit in trading are already cash-out so i'm not scared to continue my investing,i think you invest in wrong coins because you lose a lot you need only to read their future plan about the coin so in that move their coins will really become high in the future.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:31:30 AM

OP we are similar i join since 2017 here but my investing really going good and i'm proud that i already earn in xrb and in eth with bitcoin of course,i still continue to do trading here and i add xrp in my investing i think i still hold this until 2019 actually 3x of my profit in trading are already cash-out so i'm not scared to continue my investing,i think you invest in wrong coins because you lose a lot you need only to read their future plan about the coin so in that move their coins will really become high in the future.
actually in crypto trading, nothing is really lost. as long as it is able to withstand when the price goes down, this will be one of the successful investments when the price returns to origin aeau even more. because after the price decline, there is always a significant price increase. surely it is one of the sciences I have learned
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: