Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:23:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Why The Monarch Might Just Work  (Read 5988 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

they will package the impossible into a PCI/e GPU styled and sized device.

yeah, i noticed the pic of a gpu-like looking card.  what is that all about?
Alien technology.

Time Travelers

OBJECT NOT FOUND

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:42:38 AM

BFL didn't rake enough suckers with chips to run for the border... so they 'created' 28nm technology that up until a couple of weeks ago said was IMPOSSIBLE.
It's a good way to work it in this kind of scam.  Flow with the plausibility, subject to what is known about you.

A couple weeks ago, there was only one 28nm:  KnC.  So, BFL could say "bullshit," and enough of the brain dead twits in retail bitcoin would believe it.  Remember, there are people who, for cultural/language reasons, or simply intellectual impairment,  believe almost anything they read on the internet from a "reputable" source. *

Then came HashFast and CoinTerra.  Now there were three (their stories are all 28nm, right?  I forget...)  Okay, no problem.  We be 28nm too, Boss.  Photoshop up a video card, and: bada bing.  Another million bucks.

*I don't want this to be taken as an attack on those who, for technological reasons, still believe that KnC, and/or others as well, do not and cannot have 28nm chips.  I'm talking only about those who wouldn't know a nonometer from a nannybot.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:47:54 AM

Time travelling Aliens Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
BTCscraper

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:56:00 AM

It is possible that Butterfly Labs is just licensing 28nm from someone who already has it.  And they're only alien because they're not American.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Loredo

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:57:43 AM

It is possible that Butterfly Labs is just licensing 28nm from someone who already has it.  And they're only alien because they're not American.
What part of "tapeout" would seem to contradict that?
Loredo

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:59:25 AM

Hey, what does it mean if someone's "ignore" word is backgrounded in yellow? 

Serious question; I am not wise in the ways of bitcointalk software.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:02:47 AM

Lots of users ignore him.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:03:45 AM

The darker it is the more users that have that person on ignore.  I guess it's designed as a sort of "troll meter"?
Loredo

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:11:26 AM

Lots of users ignore him.
Thank you.  And you as well, Mr. Hellfish.
Loredo

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:21:17 AM

The darker it is the more users that have that person on ignore.  I guess it's designed as a sort of "troll meter"?
I think there's a basic problem with "ignore," particularly if used on a genuine troll, as opposed to someone who holds views that are consistently opposed to one's own.  

It's kind of the opposite of an xml parser which didn't have a 'deep' option in its cloneNode:  here, you still get the troll's posts in the quoted replies.  A well written state machine could, in principle, "ignore" the responses to ignored posts as well.

And there's the problem:  sometimes, responses to trolls are more insightful than "Oh, yeah?  Well, feck you," and somebody might want to read them.  IMO, it's better just to let 'er buck.
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:31:23 AM

I just don't see how they will be able to fit all that in a unit that looks like a graphics card. The KnCMiner Jupiter unit (28nm, 400GH/s, <1000W), and HashFast BabyJet (28nm, 400gh/s, claimed 400W) units are desktop sizes, and that is mostly to dissipate the heat with giant fans. The Jupiter unit will have 6 fans to cool 4 chips, and the Babyjet unit will be water cooled.  I highly doubt BFL will be able to accomplish that type of heat dissipation in a package that small. They are just going to stringing along new customers until they under deliver again and just break up the order into multiple units.

I'm still waiting on my 5GH/s order from March from BFL. I expect to get it late September/early October at current rate of shipping, at which point it'll just be a nice reminder of money I threw away, because it won't even get me ROI in a full year, and the sad part is, it was only $167 including shipping -_-'. Whats the point in having a unit that won't even make you $150 in an entire year? The least they could do is upgrade those late orders to 7GH/s for free, so there's at least a chance of ROI. They don't lose anything, all it is, is a firmware upgrade! No extra HW cost! Those bastards....

Anyway...

Ordered a Saturn unit (200GH/s) from KnCMiner for October delivery, I really hope they can bring back the faith in ASIC Mining companies (Looking at you BFL. Angry)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:26:51 AM

What part of "tapeout" would seem to contradict that?

The fact they are lying about the tape out? Evidence?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:33:23 AM

How can anybody possibly be insane enough to pre-order stuff when they still have not shipped stuff pre-ordered last year??

No more preorders !

P.S. I still have not received my Jalepenos.

Go ahead and piss your money away. You are free to do so.
Stack

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:47:24 AM

yeah, i noticed the pic of a gpu-like looking card.  what is that all about?

I first saw the pic in a hate thread and LOL'd as I thought it was a joke picture.
I ROFLMAO when I found out the device really has been announced and it's their official image, I mean shit, they aren't even trying anymore. They just slapped their logo onto a photo of a GPU and promised an insane $/GH ratio, knowing people will go for it out of sheer desperation

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:50:27 AM

I think there's a basic problem with "ignore," particularly if used on a genuine troll, as opposed to someone who holds views that are consistently opposed to one's own.  

It's kind of the opposite of an xml parser which didn't have a 'deep' option in its cloneNode:  here, you still get the troll's posts in the quoted replies.  A well written state machine could, in principle, "ignore" the responses to ignored posts as well.

And there's the problem:  sometimes, responses to trolls are more insightful than "Oh, yeah?  Well, feck you," and somebody might want to read them.  IMO, it's better just to let 'er buck.
How dark is my ignore button right now?
Stack

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:53:51 AM

How dark is my ignore button right now?

Color
#EEE8AA

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:09:25 AM

Can more people ignore me?

I want to know if I can get to black?

Inaba assures me all the time that I have nothing important to say. I promise.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:33:08 AM

yeah, i noticed the pic of a gpu-like looking card.  what is that all about?
Alien technology.

For me there is really only one possible explanation.

BFL have direct access to advanced ancient alien technology.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:34:19 AM

Oh wtf beat me to it.
jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:50:45 AM

it's funny because op is troll bait. say something good about bfl and BAM!!! 32 haters show up to scream bloody murder.  it's the anti-troll troll.

bravo. bravo.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: