Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:05:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UK threatens to shut down BitConnect  (Read 7341 times)
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:52:50 PM

At last the Bitconnect has been stop by the authority the operation of Bitconnect was totally scheme,i was nearly also be a victim of this project it is better to be shut down this kind of currency,so that the other good project will not be affected by there reputation.

It doesnt even deserve being called "kind of a currency". The only term that I have for Bitconnect is mlm scam. This kind of schemes are hurting the people that throw their money into the pot, but they even more hurt the reputation of the whole cryptospace. This is what worries me the most. If the Bitconnect scheme gets shut down by authorities, there will be a lot of negative press about the crypto space in general. That will do more damage than the money lost by the "investors".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:52:22 AM

All this bitcoin Ponzi Schemes here and there claiming to be bitcoin investments. I don't really know why most people still trust Ponzi schemes even after been a victim to it.

Well, Let's wait and see if after two months they did not prove their   “cause to the contrary” as requested by  the UK Registrar of Companies, them we  know that Vitalik Buterin was right when he states then that BitConnect is running a ponzi scheme.
I hope the UK takes every measures and make sure participants money are been return to them when they closes the company.
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:24:22 AM

All this bitcoin Ponzi Schemes here and there claiming to be bitcoin investments. I don't really know why most people still trust Ponzi schemes even after been a victim to it.

Well, Let's wait and see if after two months they did not prove their   “cause to the contrary” as requested by  the UK Registrar of Companies, them we  know that Vitalik Buterin was right when he states then that BitConnect is running a ponzi scheme.
I hope the UK takes every measures and make sure participants money are been return to them when they closes the company.
Because the ponzi users try to fool others to join in this ponzi scheme. This is same as what already happened with regal or hextra coin. With the same structure as the bitconnect and majority of the dumb person try to earn the more referrals by deluding another person.

This method will make the more victim join in these ponzi schemes.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

I don't really know why most people still trust Ponzi schemes even after been a victim to it.
They're basically just gamblers and hope that they will manage to exit with profits the next time around. But people that are so greedy will probably not manage to control themselves and stay in for too long.

But even then, I don't get why they would support ponzis instead of supporting real projects with their money.
fayrouz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:36:28 PM

Because the ponzi users try to fool others to join in this ponzi scheme. This is same as what already happened with regal or hextra coin. With the same structure as the bitconnect and majority of the dumb person try to earn the more referrals by deluding another person.

We should be wise and read more about what's the project is all about.
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:38:32 PM

We should be wise and read more about what's the project is all about.
It's a ponzi, period. You don't need to read anything other than the daily returns to know straight away that it's just a ponzi scheme. The returns are impossible to sustain.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:33:20 PM

UK had made right decision for closing this Bitconnect and they also need to raid more such companies in England.  My main advice is those who had coins or tokens sell them asap and find a new life.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:38:26 PM

UK had made right decision for closing this Bitconnect and they also need to raid more such companies in England.  My main advice is those who had coins or tokens sell them asap and find a new life.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, regulation from the authorities can be a great thing for cryptocurrencies. Too many people are falling for scams and using crypto for illegal activities.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:24:41 PM

Since when was Bitconnect closed? As far as I know they just had some more parties at the blockchain conferences. These guys aren't going anywhere anytime soon...their token was worth under $100 about 6 weeks ago and is over $400 atm. I know many people hate bitconnect because tney aren't profiting from it like everyone else, but they aren't going anywhere.
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:34:53 PM

Since when was Bitconnect closed? As far as I know they just had some more parties at the blockchain conferences. These guys aren't going anywhere anytime soon...their token was worth under $100 about 6 weeks ago and is over $400 atm. I know many people hate bitconnect because tney aren't profiting from it like everyone else, but they aren't going anywhere.

They're not closed yet, but they have to be closed by the governments. Because it's not a crypto, is a ponzi work. This is not hard to understand this, never get involed with those ponzi promoter bitconnect please.
bisa coy

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:52:11 PM

there may be problems in bitconnect because bitconnect is currently a lot of hesitant owners and maybe also bitconnect investors in english suffered huge losses.

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:59:55 PM

I hope that Bitconnect ponzi scheme will crush as soon as possibile.. these ponzi’s scheme are ruining reputation that world has towards cryptocurrencies and, most important, many people that have invested in project like this will Lost everything....
Hanii

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:23:08 PM

Why are people still blindly believing this incorrect information? Nothing of what OP says is true.

For anyone reading the first post in this thread and just accepting it with no context or evidence...

The UK government has not stated in any way that they are shutting down or threatening to shut down BitConnect and there is no evidence to even suggest that.

There has also been an article on The Next Web which I assume is where OP got this false information from.

All that has been said/shown is a normal (likely automated) letter from Companies House to the company "Bitconnect Ltd".  

Basically all the letter means is that they see the company is inactive as it has not filed any accounts so they are giving a warning that the company will be dissolved, but BitConnect likely isn't even using this entity or never has.
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:01:12 PM

They're not closed yet, but they have to be closed by the governments. Because it's not a crypto, is a ponzi work. This is not hard to understand this, never get involed with those ponzi promoter bitconnect please.
Well, a lot of the cryptocurrencies around today are just vehicles scams and ponzi schemes. But yes, BitConnect should be shut down and the people responsible should be held legally accountable. Somebody should sue them before they get "hacked" and disappear if they want to keep their money.
Isaremj3

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:30:48 AM

What really happened that UK threaten to shut down bitconnect. If it happen what will be faith of those who invest in the project.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:25:50 PM

What are the news. Does it really BitConnect is closed? I have some plans for this platform. Telling the truth I don’t see any sound reasons to prohibit this online cryptocurrency service. That is not right decision.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:20:13 AM

UPDATE
Our #BitConnect cryptocurrency will be removed from all exchanges.
Therefore, we offer an opportunity for our members.
You can exchange your BCC tokens at the current rate of $142.47 USD per token.
Only until March 19, 2018.
Follow the instructions in the following article:

Click here: http://telegra.ph/GUIDE-TO-RECOVER-THE-INVESTMENT-FOR-THE-BITCONNECT-BCC-CRYPTOCURRENCY-02-26

***SCAM AGAIN***
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: