Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:28:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is currently losing money on bitcoin?  (Read 802 times)
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:13:35 PM

I suppose that there are some newbies (and some non-newbies too) out there who got invested over 10k, and are currently losing money.
Losing money is very stressfull, so I was just wondering... are you cutting your losses or you will hodl your stash untill 2020 and more following an "all or nothing" strategy?
Well, at the moment my Bitcoin dollar's is depreciating and i have full hope that the value will appreciate in time to come. Am not loosing money at the moment because i am not a panic seller because i believe in Bitcoin that value will bounce back from this current decline as a result of North Korea and China FUD. It is only people who sell at lost that will be counting their lost and not because Bitcoin and altcoins value are depreciating in dollar value.

By your own logic, you also have zero gains. You have not made any money until you realize those gains.

I don't agree with that logic though. I would argue that these gains and losses are real.

elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:31:32 PM

Not losing money if I don't sell Wink
I've seen dips like this before, I kept strong and hodl and it ended up good.

Yes this is not new to us as we have seen even worse crisis than this but as the history is the proof that bitcoin will rise again and get back stronger than ever so let's just hold on to bitcoin at the moment rather than regretting by selling it at the lowest price. Bitcoin can really give a good chunk of profit if we hold on to bitcoin instead of selling it.

Am I spamming? Report me!
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:33:53 PM

Everybody is. Bitcoin is money, if its value drops, then you are losing money.

Hmm you never heard of shorting?
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:56:46 PM

Not losing money if I don't sell Wink
I've seen dips like this before, I kept strong and hodl and it ended up good.

Yes this is not new to us as we have seen even worse crisis than this but as the history is the proof that bitcoin will rise again and get back stronger than ever so let's just hold on to bitcoin at the moment rather than regretting by selling it at the lowest price. Bitcoin can really give a good chunk of profit if we hold on to bitcoin instead of selling it.
Just like what other members will say, this is a good opportunity for us to invest more on bitcoin. It is true that there is a guarantee that you will earn profit when the price increases again but isn't this just one of those normal things that happens in crypto currencies. There will be times when the price is rally high and there are times when the price is really low but I think it is just a cycle. It is possible that those who have bought when the price is low have already earned from the pump that happened last year. Let us all be positive thinkers for we know that this how volatility works.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:24:35 PM

For me, I'm not losing my money on bitcoin, because I have goal when it hits $30000 prices on bitcoin I will sell half. So now I hold it until I reach my goal. I guess, many of us are holding their bitcoin too.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:31:29 PM

Not losing money just less profits Grin
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:02:36 AM
Merited by mostkey (1)

I suppose that there are some newbies (and some non-newbies too) out there who got invested over 10k, and are currently losing money.
Losing money is very stressfull, so I was just wondering... are you cutting your losses or you will hodl your stash untill 2020 and more following an "all or nothing" strategy?

If you do not sell coins during the price correction, then you will not lose anything. I have long ceased to panic and just wait for the price to grow to make a profit.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:15:22 AM

With bitcoin none experience a loss, everything that each and every bitcoin user encounter is a lesser profit than the time when price of bitcoin was at the peak point. With bitcoin one should never get into panic or fear of losing, because it is completely risk involved and the market can't be predicted in a precise manner.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

If you do not sell coins during the price correction, then you will not lose anything. I have long ceased to panic and just wait for the price to grow to make a profit.
the panic only causes us to lose. for what panic? we can still see and wait for the price to grow again until in the end we get profit. the panic only makes the price drop longer
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:18:38 PM
Merited by mostkey (1)

the panic only causes us to lose. for what panic? we can still see and wait for the price to grow again until in the end we get profit. the panic only makes the price drop longer

Here's the thing, even of you bought in at 15 or 16k, you're still not in a loss until you sell your btcs. One lesson that is really.important is that patience in holding instead of panic selling will be the key to youe success. You can read it everywhere that btc will recover so all you need to do ia ride this out and reap your profits later

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:08:18 PM

If they have not sold yet they have not lost a thing they just have potential losses the same way that those that celebrated when bitcoin reached 20k and did not sold only had potential profits, the strategy is to hold, it is the only strategy that makes sense, it can be difficult while you are losing money but it is the only choice you have if you want to avoid to lose your investment.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:28:58 PM

Every one should be patient. Those newbies who thought that they can earn 10x profit easily might sell their coins and loss their money. They regret investing in bitcoin. They will regret again not holding their coins. But those who are aware of this market, was ready for a such fall in prices and they are holding their coins.
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:35:09 PM

Everybody is. Bitcoin is money, if its value drops, then you are losing money.

If Bitcoin is money and you still have the same number of Bitcoins, then you have not lost your money. HODL!!!
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:26:19 PM

People who hurriedly sold  their bitcoin as a  result of fear of price drop are the ones loosing treasure.Bitcoin is not money but an asset that can be converted to cash. Investment requires long term and also moving out of this dip situation also requires patience and perseverance.The best thing to do is to hold on, rather than selling, hold on to your bitcoins as it will actually bounce back with a great surprise to every holder of bitcoin. This occurrence of decrease in price is not new to bitcoin as history and other investors have attest to it that this is not the first decrease in price and later the price appreciated surprisingly. Holding is the secret for now and not selling.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:32:40 PM

You are not actually losing anything. Say you have 1 bitcoin, even after the price drops you will have 1 bitcoin. So technically you will lose some money if you sell it in fiat, but if you are holding you are losing nothing. This is where most newbies make a mistake. They see the price of bitcoin dropping, they start selling in loss. And when they see the price going up, they start buying and thus have less amount of coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:18:12 AM

The people who are losing out right now is the ones who are selling. I think that this pump has still got some distance to climb before actually being "dead" as people are calling it right now. And even when the pump is out of fuel, the price is still going to be respectable compared to the start of last year.

Yes, it's very stressful for newbies right now, but for long term holders like us, it's just ignorable noise.

A lot of newbies should reconsider their strategy of trying to make a quick buck from flipping bitcoin, because often even if they make a profit, they will miss out on the big picture. Bitcoin has a lot of potential that is still undiscovered. Until the day bitcoin is used in every shop and store online and in real life, bitcoin's rise is not over.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:07:40 AM

It's very obvious that each one of us (bitcoin holders) lose some money due to btc's drop. Whether you are holding or selling right now, we can't deny the fact that our savings are greatly affected by the big decrease on btc's value.

Yup! This is very stressful and gives me a lot of frustration that I sometimes come to the point attempting to sell all of my earnings to cut the losses but in the end I still choose to hold and believe that btc will rise again. I remain patient and calm despite of this bad happening.

Honestly, I already experienced this kind of dips several times before but I still can't get used to it. Sad
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:20:07 AM

Almost everyone has experienced a loss, and I think it is an experience form. With experience we will learn how to invest properly.
I will cut lose because I think if I just keep quiet then I will not get anything. I dare to take risks in order to make a profit.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:16:32 AM

Losing money is usual things especially in crypto, everything is so unpredictable, so everyone must ever experienced losing money, don't sell your coin if you think there are still chances to go up, if you are stashing Bitcoin then just hold, one day it will go up again, Bitcoin rising potential is still big, I already lose a lot of money in this drop but I am positive that Bitcoin price will go up

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
onioncoin4

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:19:08 AM

hodl, then you will not lose money. if we are selling in a dip because of fear, then its a loss. but it will come upn again. in my opinion worlds 50% only knows about bitcoin. specially old generation dont even heared about it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: