Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trust BFL now that they have introduced their 28nm mining rig?
Yes
No

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Do you trust BF Labs Inc. (Butterfly Labs) NOW?  (Read 2486 times)
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:02:09 AM

O.o The hell is wrong with you people?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:11:28 AM

O.o The hell is wrong with you people?

Mostly shills and 1 person that is new?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:18:10 AM

I really like that they introduce a new product when they have not even fulfilled all of the orders for their old product and are apparently experiencing all kinds of technical challenges with it.
How the hell are they not out of business yet.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:40:59 AM

A small company with a working 28nm product in 2013 / early 2014? Never!
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:15:48 PM

I really like that they introduce a new product when they have not even fulfilled all of the orders for their old product and are apparently experiencing all kinds of technical challenges with it.
How the hell are they not out of business yet.

Fools keep giving them money

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:53:37 PM

Short answer:  No.
Longer Answer:  Fuck no.
Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

I'd say Inaba needs to plead with his shoutbox to get some votes in here. Then again, not everyone over there is happy either.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Todamont

Activity: 599
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:19:21 PM

BFL lied to me and broke our contract. I'll never even consider doing business with them again.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:35:24 PM

That question is a stupid one, in that it's ridiculously vague and subjective.

The question is, who can you trust at all? BFL's slow as hell, and it sucks. Then again, so is Avalon. Who else are you going to trust? KNC? Buy ASICminer gear that is priced to NEVER make ROI?  Huh

It kinda sucks that nobody seems to be able to both develop a decent ASIC, AND develop relationships of trust with their customers, but until there are more/better options out there, people don't have a whole lot of choices if they want to be in the Bitcoin mining game.

BFL and Avalon are shitty in terms of broken promises of delivery dates, so if the question is whether you trust them to deliver ON TIME, the only rational answer is HELL no.

However, if the question is whether or not you trust that they'll deliver 'some day' (2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+2 weeks+...)

Well, they've demonstrated that they have the ability to deliver quality products on a timeline somewhere beyond 'fuck you' but still well this side of 'never'... Wink Will it still make ROI? That's the million dollar question everybody wishes they knew the answer to. Absent a crystal ball, I'd say, 'maybe'. Wink We don't know what will happen with bitcoin value over the next year, so it's impossible to say whether you're better off putting that money directly into bitcoin (or some other investment), or holding your nose and placing yet another pre-order, 'shipping in 2-60 weeks'.

As badly as certain people want their fantasy of "Sonny is a criminal who is running a scam to run away with millions of dollars in pre-orders" to come true, BFL continues to deliver on products (but not on deadlines).

Personally, I think they're absolute idiots for announcing another product that hasn't even been prototyped yet. Figured they MIGHT have learned that lesson from the last go-round. But they're clearly eternal optimists of their own abilities. I'm thinking the final product will ship your hashing power in 2-3 cards, and it'll be 3-6 months late, but that's sheer speculation...

I find that the lower you set your expectations going in, the less you set yourself up for disappointment in the future.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 03:43:22 AM

Bump, to garner more votes.
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:10:33 AM

The poll should have been.....

Will Josh live to see another birthday?
  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Results may have been the same.

I'm surprised so many suckers like being screwed so badly.
Maybe everyone who bought Josh's junk promises should throw him a party, too, maybe buy him a trip to the Bahamas or something....
I'm surprised more people do not want to suck his junk, as well.  Roll Eyes

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:24:36 AM

[10:37 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Josh, I have the negative bal problem
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : [11:38 PM] Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Ok, I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : [11:40 PM] BFL_Josh : I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : I just thought it was peculiarly same language
[10:42 PM]   BFL_Josh : I think I hit hte wrong key when I was replying and it sent as him... not sure how that's possible, but it also copied his order number into my text box.

Fake customer support... that's a new low
Your $4mil at work
That confirms he is using socks.

And the following confirms he doesn't use them.

I wonder where the foul mouthed BFL spokesdude has gone too. The silence is deafening. Hello? If you miss your daily quota of personal attacks and trolling accusations, this is going to reflect badly in your performance review under the "productivity" section. Please think of the children and save Christmas.

Are you so dense that you haven't figured it out yet?  I only come in here and whip up the natives when the BFL mania dies down.  Right now, it's a raging fire, you don't need my input.  The top 10+ threads in the hardware forum are all about BFL.  If things start dying down again, I'll post more.

...and they're mostly debates about whether BFL is staffed by idiots or thieves.

You are one of my best workers Smiley  I appreciate you more than you know.

Thank you! Must be nice saving all the effort of creating sockpuppet accounts yourself.

Absolutely!  I don't believe in sock puppet accounts, I just get people like you to post constantly.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:36:37 PM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/monarch-discussion/4415-19-aug-2013-monarch-discussion.html

Currently, we plan on it being able to be used as either as a USB device sitting on your desk or as a PCIe device, inside the machine. Protip: Maybe there's a market for little stands to hold your Monarchs?

Needless to say, the shipping of Monarchs will still be on hold come February, 2014.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:38:14 PM

45 people just lost 4 months of anticipated mining revenue in 3 days.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: