Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i buy a couple thousand worth of bitcoins?  (Read 1887 times)
Extravagant (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

I.. don't think.. I like the way that sounds....

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:21:45 PM

So i have a couple grand i want to purchase some coin,

I haven't been around or keeping up on BTC news. I used to use BitInstant but it appears they wont be back anytime soon. Even if they do i don't hold high hopes based on there first attempt to replace a perfectly working website with a P.O.S..

So i asking for advice on how i can do a cash deposit or transfer for coin.

BitInstant is gone
Dwolla doesn't deal with BTC (makes them totally useless)

Suggestions?

THank You!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 08:30:40 PM

I do transactions that size on localbitcoins.com

Is there anyone near you for a safe face to face exchange?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Extravagant (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:43:21 PM

No, I live in a VERY rural part of my state.

Most of the people around me cant even spell computer, even if they can spell it u wouldnt be able to understand them anyway cause they have around 3 teeth.

I do have stores (CVS/WALLMART/ETC)

I tried the face to face thing but, unless i drive 5+ hours its unrealistic.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:50:53 PM

I've been using coinbase for excellent result for the past 3 months or so. Someone on the forum recommended it to me when I had asked the same question before.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:53:58 PM

I've been using coinbase for excellent result for the past 3 months or so. Someone on the forum recommended it to me when I had asked the same question before.
I second this.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Extravagant (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:22:58 PM

OK well based on ur experience i setup everything on coinbase.

gotta wait a few for verification.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

For anything less than 10k I recommend coinbase if you're in the US. Wire fees will eat ya alive
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:35:48 PM

There have been positive reports from bitcoin brokers using cash deposit method ...

http://www.bitcoin-brokers.org/

.... do your due diligence of course.

sevenseals

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:43:19 AM

use OKPAY
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:47:40 AM

OK well based on ur experience i setup everything on coinbase.

gotta wait a few for verification.
Anyone else have any suggestions?

If you don't want to wait bitcoin-brokers is FAST.  
Coinbase is not fast, takes a while for verification.  1 month for trust building.  Those are all good things for an ongoing concern,  If you just want to buy some coins now.  Bitcoin-brokers is easy, quick, and painless.  You could have them today.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
LHB

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:47:31 PM

I can cover that. Money Pak reloads at your local drug store. we'll find a reputable escrow and I'll send the coin
LHB

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:49:39 PM

use OKPAY

OKPAY no longer accepts BTC deposits or transactions
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:09:54 PM

I believe you can use Dwolla --> CampBX?

https://campbx.com/dwolla.php
Extravagant (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:36:14 PM

So Bitcoin Brokers was suggested. I have done about all the research i can but i am a little hesitant on sending $400 directly to someones personal bank account...

Can anyone vouch for BB before i take the dive?

THIS IS WHY bitcoins will never grow. ITS TO HARD for the avg person to even buy them safely. This is the single dumbest choke point in the whole BTC system and nothing ever changes.

Feedback on BB anyone?
jlcooke

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:59:59 PM

So Bitcoin Brokers was suggested. I have done about all the research i can but i am a little hesitant on sending $400 directly to someones personal bank account...

THIS IS WHY bitcoins will never grow. ITS TO HARD for the avg person to even buy them safely. This is the single dumbest choke point in the whole BTC system and nothing ever changes.

Feedback on BB anyone?

I was about to ($10k), but the price offered for banks I can work with was high enough to give me pause (mtgox prices).  So far, this is my preferred way.  Mostly because they're escrows.  Can anyone speak to the user's reputation on this forum?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 08:02:03 PM

Feedback on BB anyone?

I was about to ($10k), but the price offered for banks I can work with was high enough to give me pause (mtgox prices).  So far, this is my preferred way.  Mostly because they're escrows.  Can anyone speak to the user's reputation on this forum?

As one of their first users, I'm still with them.
Have been both a buyer and a seller.
Its like localbitcoin but with concierge customer service.  

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:19:06 PM

I believe you can use Dwolla --> CampBX?

https://campbx.com/dwolla.php

+1, this method has worked fine for me. It is usually a couple days to get the money from my bank to dwolla, but then from dwolla to CampBX is pretty close to instant.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:43:01 PM

Feedback on BB anyone?

Here is a 10,000 view thread discussing Bitcoin-Brokers:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237164.0

Thanks

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Extravagant (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:58:42 PM

Well i just wanted to say my first transaction with BB was a breeze. I will be using them again in the future.

The customer service Daniel provides is top notch.

And JFYI, Dwolla does do Dwolla -> CampBX. But the first transfer is held 31 days!!!

Meaning if you haven't used it before you must wait 31 days before campBX gets the funds, I did as they suggested, transferred a small amount today ($20) and use another service in the meantime. Eventually the funds will go through and then from then on ur transfers are instant.

Thank you all for the great advice yet again.

Thank you BT
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:05:39 PM

Well i just wanted to say my first transaction with BB was a breeze. I will be using them again in the future.

The customer service Daniel provides is top notch.

And JFYI, Dwolla does do Dwolla -> CampBX. But the first transfer is held 31 days!!!

Meaning if you haven't used it before you must wait 31 days before campBX gets the funds, I did as they suggested, transferred a small amount today ($20) and use another service in the meantime. Eventually the funds will go through and then from then on ur transfers are instant.

Thank you all for the great advice yet again.

Thank you BT

I've never gone wrong recommending them, they've been reliably easy and effective.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: