Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC just posted pics of their case, PCB samples coming next week \o/  (Read 8192 times)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 06:27:46 AM

Nice to see you totally ignored how I proved TDP in that test was 175W 75% of the time.

Um, no you didn't. A screenshot of a graph with no Y axis labels proves exactly nothing.  Especially since it doesn't even show the temperature going up by more then 70% over 41C, yet the article claims the temp was 79C.

It doesn't particularly work that way in heatsinks, that cooling power is higher at 90C. The limit of heatsinks is the immediate transfer of energy from the base plate to the cooling fins, where THEN the cooling is increased. Heatpipes max out pretty quickly,

Every part of the heatsink moves energy more efficiently when the thermal gradient is higher. Heatpipes, fins, etc. Thermal conductivity is measured in W/m^2 K because as temprature differences increases so does heat flow. It's a straight linear relationship.   Nothing can "max out" on heat transfer, unless it burns or goes through a chemical reaction and turns into another substance. (like from diamond to graphite)

Seriously, you're just proving over and over again you have zero clue when it comes to thermodynamics.

Dear Non Engineer,

You don't have a clue about any of the technical information in this thread. Again you're just dismissing the logic spelt out line by line with the sentiment "they must be getting it right".

tldr: Greed/desperation > logic.

WTF are you talking about?  You haven't done any "engineering" or said anything "logical" all you did was post a random screenshot of a graph with no labels and that doesn't even match up with the other numbers and claimed.... something.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:50:11 AM

Shipment is supposed to start very soon, in June I was told in August they would present a working ASIC prototype - any news on that?

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:45:13 PM

Shipment is supposed to start very soon, in June I was told in August they would present a working ASIC prototype - any news on that?

Nope, they were just joking.  Ya know, those crazy Swedes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:05:49 PM

Its been said before but it probably needs saying again,

5V is for the RasPi
12V is for the mainboard

cheers,
kev

+1

Well ORSoC's own made Linux based equiv. of the R Pi.

I seriously doubt they are going to "make their own RPi."

They might buy RPi's and slap their logo on them, but I don't think they are making even a "custom" RPi for this--if so, where is the information in regards to them stating this?

When I said RasPi, I was (as Bitcoinorama pointed out) referring to any generic linux based mini controller board which, If you have been listening to KNC, it is what they hinted they would be using so that the Jupiter is literally a plug and play and walk away device. I dont know what is so unbelievable about them developing such a device if they wanted to, it would cost under 10 bucks and they would prolly use it in all the models.
Go back and read the news releases if you want the "information"

Its quite obvious what the 5V supply is for and to see so much confusion in this thread is quite surprising.

cheers,
kev
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:09:14 PM

Its quite obvious what the 5V supply is for and to see so much confusion in this thread is quite surprising.

Initially the release said ONLY 5V (as in no 12V connector) which is what resulted in confusion for the first half of the thread.
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:34:35 PM

I dont recall that, I received the newsletter to my e-mail address and I thought that it said both 12V & 5V supply.
Even if it only said 5V Anyone would have thought that they had made a typo otherwise they would have been shipping ESAB Welding sets instead of Bitcoin miners,  Oh hang on  minute, Isnt ESAB Swedish?    Wink

cheers,
kev
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 08:11:41 PM

Nice to see you totally ignored how I proved TDP in that test was 175W 75% of the time.

Um, no you didn't. A screenshot of a graph with no Y axis labels proves exactly nothing.  Especially since it doesn't even show the temperature going up by more then 70% over 41C, yet the article claims the temp was 79C.

It doesn't particularly work that way in heatsinks, that cooling power is higher at 90C. The limit of heatsinks is the immediate transfer of energy from the base plate to the cooling fins, where THEN the cooling is increased. Heatpipes max out pretty quickly,

Every part of the heatsink moves energy more efficiently when the thermal gradient is higher. Heatpipes, fins, etc. Thermal conductivity is measured in W/m^2 K because as temprature differences increases so does heat flow. It's a straight linear relationship.   Nothing can "max out" on heat transfer, unless it burns or goes through a chemical reaction and turns into another substance. (like from diamond to graphite)

Seriously, you're just proving over and over again you have zero clue when it comes to thermodynamics.

Dear Non Engineer,

You don't have a clue about any of the technical information in this thread. Again you're just dismissing the logic spelt out line by line with the sentiment "they must be getting it right".

tldr: Greed/desperation > logic.

WTF are you talking about?  You haven't done any "engineering" or said anything "logical" all you did was post a random screenshot of a graph with no labels and that doesn't even match up with the other numbers and claimed.... something.

LOL so much fail in this post. I linked you to an impartial review, and you're dismissing it as if it was specifically written to backup my statement. Yes, that graph is definitely wrong isnt it *sigh*

No, it doesn't work that way in a heatpipe based super tower. Heatpipes do max out, it gets to the point where the working fluid can't condense again.

As I've said many times, you're really clueless and its not worth arguing with. You turn real science into "it must be a shill". Leaving you ignored now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: