Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USB eruptors are terrible or have I been unlucky?  (Read 5090 times)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:29:32 PM

and did you find a block ? the probability of finding a block with 330Mh/s is more like playing lottery
There are better odds to get your money back running the BE solo than there are on PPS/PPLNS.

yes the same like playing lottery, I am just talking about the probability, this doesn't mean it is impossible to find a block with them, the same as playing lottery you can also win, actually few days ago i saw someone posting that he found a block with 12Mh/s FPGA, yes only 12 Mh/s this is the post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg2871231#msg2871231

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

I new the difficulty will go up but not that much. Anyway I do understand it just wanted to know if anyone had any similar experiences?
yes I have had similar experience but with 10 I would have to consider solo mining. It might be the only way to get lucky.

No offense meant during this post at all but when you bought these people have been saying for months how these were going to be simply a short fad and even a toy or miner for the unaware for edu.  You really thought you were going to make ROI with usb block erupters at the price u paid with diff est where they were.

I am honestly interested in your thought pattern that lead to this decision to buy?  Scratching my head here...Are you sure you want to invest 1000 in bitcoins not that its a bad idea...point being be educated about what your investments(the get rich quick phase of btc has long passed).  

BTW You will never find a block with these solo mining, you might wanna buy lottery tickets with this mentality.

FYI I submitted a share difficulty 121M with block erupter

and did you find a block ? the probability of finding a block with 330Mh/s is more like playing lottery

Of course I did.  The share was 121M, while a share > 50.8M will solve a block.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: