Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitstamp - thank you  (Read 937 times)
alexuk (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:52:36 PM

pulled about $22k worth of coins out of gox, lost about 14% trading it from GBP into coins, then onto bitstamp back into USD.

but its worth it, was waiting over 2 months for the GBP funds.

Bitstamp just verified the withdrawl i made eariler, and i expect the cash in days, this alongside the other 30k ive done in the last 2 weeks everything has been timely and has worked so far.

THANK YOU for providing top quality service and support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:04:27 PM

They are providing really good services.
I feel that their support was really trying to help me, trying to solve my problems, as opposed to MtGox, who only gave me generic copy-and-paste-and-bye replies.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
SGExodus

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:36:04 PM

Just curious, what are you going to do with your cash that you are willing to suffer a 14% lost?
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:46:40 PM

pulled about $22k worth of coins out of gox, lost about 14% trading it from GBP into coins, then onto bitstamp back into USD.

Bitstamp just verified the withdrawl i made eariler, and i expect the cash in days, this alongside the other 30k ive done in the last 2 weeks everything has been timely and has worked so far.

It is very likely that the price will rise in the next few weeks to $ 120-130. Anyone who have watched the market a little and a have little bit of experience, knows that. And if someone do not know, he or she can read a forecast for so little money: http://bitcoinbullbear.com/

But you take a 14% haircut instantly? You dealing with larger amounts but you have only little experience? Strange.

I had bought again on Gox coins at 105$. That was less than two weeks ago. If I wanted to sell it short-term, I would just wait until the price hits 105$ on Bitstamp. Was that not even in a short-tick the case?

Anyway, 14% is currently way too much and I do not think that an experienced trader would make such a rookie mistake. But I have read reports like yours a lot here in the recent weeks. Everyone seems to have taken the haircut with large amounts of money. I just wonder why? If I bought on Gox Bitcoins, I'm not forced to sell them immediately. Wait a week in the current market situation saves a lot of money.
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:13:24 PM

It is very likely that the price will rise in the next few weeks to $ 120-130. Anyone who have watched the market a little and a have little bit of experience, knows that. And if someone do not know, he or she can read a forecast for so little money: http://bitcoinbullbear.com/

But you take a 14% haircut instantly? You dealing with larger amounts but you have only little experience? Strange.

I had bought again on Gox coins at 105$. That was less than two weeks ago. If I wanted to sell it short-term, I would just wait until the price hits 105$ on Bitstamp. Was that not even in a short-tick the case?

Anyway, 14% is currently way too much and I do not think that an experienced trader would make such a rookie mistake. But I have read reports like yours a lot here in the recent weeks. Everyone seems to have taken the haircut with large amounts of money. I just wonder why? If I bought on Gox Bitcoins, I'm not forced to sell them immediately. Wait a week in the current market situation saves a lot of money.

A rookie mistake would be not realize when an exchange failed to be an exchange.  No one can predict the market, to say you can would be a lie. 
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:00:02 PM

Anyway, 14% is currently way too muchJ and I do not think that an experienced trader would make such a rookie mistake. But I have read reports like yours a lot here in the recent weeks. Everyone seems to have taken the haircut with large amounts of money. I just wonder why? If I bought on Gox Bitcoins, I'm not forced to sell them immediately. Wait a week in the current market situation saves a lot of money.

What are you talking about? He had sterling, not BTC. Either he took the hit or risked losing the whole lot if Gox fails. 

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:27:48 AM

same here.  Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:03:51 PM

What are you talking about? He had sterling, not BTC.

After buying BTC he had BTC. Thats what I'm talking about. But you do with your money what you want. No problem.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 02:55:44 PM

What are you talking about? He had sterling, not BTC.

After buying BTC he had BTC. Thats what I'm talking about. But you do with your money what you want. No problem.

lol he had BTC he bought for 10-15% above what its actually worth.

Normally if 15% entry costs, I would seriously reconsider my investment.

Especially when you can guy it for 15% less (or even less) at other, liquid exchanges.

in my book....

0. Bitcoin.de (though they won't allow americans any more so they don't count).
1. Localbitcoins
2. btc-e
3. CampBX
4. Coinbase

What we need is for the fucking banks to stop passing the fraud onto the consumer. It's their fucking fault if they don't have adequate seucrity measures in place to prevent people from using phished accounts to send large wires.

p.s. Just had a SEPA for 4200 euro reversed on me today on localbitcoins.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
oblongmeteor

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:56:49 PM

p.s. Just had a SEPA for 4200 euro reversed on me today on localbitcoins.

Nasty. Was it reversed long after it had been credited? Did you get any communication from your bank?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 03:25:29 PM

It had credited but showed up as blocked. It still shows up as blocked as opposed to available.

I have not received any communication from my bank yet (polish), but did contact them and say that the payment was to be reversed (localbitcoins staff had shot me an email alerting me to the fact that the buyer had been using a stoeln bank account to make purchases with and that I should ask for ID and such before releasing the escrow).

I knew something was wrong as soon as it showed up as blocked, that's never happened before.

All the fraud in this industry really makes one just want to say fuck it sometimes. I go out of my way to do legit and quick business in everything I do, and SCUM like this really become a headache.

Anybody with half a brain could make money legally and morally  in bitcoin, there's no reason to cheat/steal.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:36:48 PM

14% is too much if there is less then 1 in 7 chance that you lose everything (assuming for now that there is no chance that you lose for example 50%) - but Gox are lying - we have no idea what is going on there.  What are they hiding?  Why don't they at least inform us about the length of the queues and how they change?
I personally have the feeling that there is much more then 1/7 chance that they are hiding something significant.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: