Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:06:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGoxTrader for Mac  (Read 1718 times)
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:14:33 PM

MTGOXTRADER FOR MAC ROX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

July 12, 2011, 02:15:58 PM

MTGOXTRADER FOR MAC ROX

Only one copy!
Twitcher

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:34:27 PM

Hiya,

Nice little app!  If I was being picky I'd say it's an odd mix of fonts across the interface, but otherwise looks pretty nice Smiley

However… this is an app you're asking people to entrust their MtGox login details to.  What assurances can you give us about security?  I assume MtGox make you use a secure connection to the server, so I hope that isn't an issue, but what about the app itself?  Does it store the login credentials you give it - if so, does it use its own store or use the Keychain?  As this appears to be a closed-source application, how can I be sure that this application isn't secretly a trojan capturing account details?

Understand that I'm not trying to criticise you, but that you will need to have (good) answers to security questions.  I wouldn't trust a third-party website with my MtGox credentials, so why would I trust an application with them?
Anonymous

July 12, 2011, 02:45:15 PM

Hiya,

Nice little app!  If I was being picky I'd say it's an odd mix of fonts across the interface, but otherwise looks pretty nice Smiley

However… this is an app you're asking people to entrust their MtGox login details to.  What assurances can you give us about security?  I assume MtGox make you use a secure connection to the server, so I hope that isn't an issue, but what about the app itself?  Does it store the login credentials you give it - if so, does it use its own store or use the Keychain?  As this appears to be a closed-source application, how can I be sure that this application isn't secretly a trojan capturing account details?

Understand that I'm not trying to criticise you, but that you will need to have (good) answers to security questions.  I wouldn't trust a third-party website with my MtGox credentials, so why would I trust an application with them?

I am glad to answer these questions. MtGox does require a https connection, and the login credentials are stored, and I am currently working on an update (t.b.r. later today) that stores the credentials in the keychain. They are currently stored in a file hidden deep in the system. Security is a very important aspect of my application. And if it were a trojan, why would I bring so much attention to the identity of the developer, if it were discovered that it is a trojan, then they would trace my ip from either the host of my website or from this website, and I could be in some legal trouble.
Twitcher

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:55:51 PM

Good answers - glad to hear you're moving towards the keychain; also make sure nothing ever logs those credentials, debugging traffic or not.

It's probably worth mentioning stuff like that on the site, might reassure some people Smiley
Anonymous

July 12, 2011, 05:58:02 PM

Good answers - glad to hear you're moving towards the keychain; also make sure nothing ever logs those credentials, debugging traffic or not.

It's probably worth mentioning stuff like that on the site, might reassure some people Smiley

Yah, I never log anything having to do with credentials. The only thing I log is the wallet string, which has been removed in the update I am working on.
Anonymous

July 12, 2011, 06:58:12 PM

Yah, I never log anything having to do with credentials. The only thing I log is the wallet string, which has been removed in the update I am working on.

Go ahead and buy if you want, I have updated to the keychain.
Anonymous

July 13, 2011, 01:27:02 AM

bump
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: