Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ripple a true Cryptocurrency?  (Read 326 times)
a d i m u l

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:32:17 AM

I envision a world that is environmentally friendly through global adoption and growth
share and circle.
acell101

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:49:57 AM

Ripple is not a true crypto currency because it is controlled by a company meaning unlike bitcoin it is not decentralized. Ripples aim is to settle a cross border payments faster and cheap. Since it is controlled by a company it can not be called a true crypto because crypto currency operates independently and doesn't need a third party to operate.
dlhezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:54:07 AM

yes it is. if you see ripple on some other crypto-currency exchange, meaning it is belong to crypto-currency. even it is not a decentralized one, ripple classified as crypto-currency.
tedes

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:00:42 AM

I think Ripple can not be classified or said to be the correct crypto because it is not independent. It has central control over the banking industry. Though the idea is a cashless transaction.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:04:50 AM

I guess that the question should be what is a cryptocurrency, so here we go, what makes something a crypto or not a crypto?
I don't think that the ripple are cryptocurrency. We know that the cryptocurrency are the digital coins or online coins that no one can manipulate or no one can control it. But we know, the ripple is manipulated by banks. They create a coin that have an earnings to them. Although it have a good performance in the market.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:05:52 AM

Why not? Of course ripple is a cryptocurrency and it is one of the most useful and famous crypto now, the marketcap of ripple is the top 3 right now.

If we should research more about how ripple community now gathered more demands, difinitely we can't question how legit this currency is. Being informative will give us confidence that the investments with ripple is worth an assurance. Being a part of its community, many will have an interest due to its popularity right now and that top 3 of ripple in the marketcap is the great proof.
Lientieutho

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:27:31 AM

Ripple has high volume on exchanges. This is most important. I dont care it is a true cryto or not,hehe.
ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:38:09 AM

I guess that the question should be what is a cryptocurrency, so here we go, what makes something a crypto or not a crypto?

I never consider XRP as crypto currency for:
1- they are centerlized
2- their admins from banking network
3- they hold some of your money as seed.

there are so many crypto currencies like ETH and NEO, u can use them.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:42:23 AM

Yes.

They provide a cryptographic means for two people to exchange values. This is the essence of a Cryptocurrency. Of course, decentralization is a very important thing for a currency to be successful. But it is not essential when considering whether or not something is encrypted.
tachi641

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:11:10 AM

Ripple is a token and I believe that it will support and make bank's work much easy in future so Ripple is true.
Lala Sravan

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:14:03 AM

Crypto currency is centralised one but Ripple is de centralised 70% owned by Banks.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:24:27 AM

Ripple is a token and I believe that it will support and make bank's work much easy in future so Ripple is true.

You become a Full Member and yet you don't know that Ripple is not a token? It is a coin. A cryptocurrency wherein more than 7o% of it were owned by the banks. It is said to be centralized. I suggest that you should read more about altcoins.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:34:12 AM

Technology-wise, Ripple (XRP) is a cryptocurrencey. It’s clear and no one can take that away from them. Ideologically-wise they are not, because it is centralized and controlled by banking institutions, and this is not what cryptos set out to be in the first place. That being said, for what’s worth, it would be good to have a “case study” of what a centralized coin looks like and how well they perform. More and more cryptos may become centralized in the future; ideological values can, and will change in some scenarios.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: