Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance HACK  (Read 227 times)
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:14:35 PM

Users of Binance, the top cryptocurrency exchange in the world by trade volume, are
reporting suspicious activity in their accounts stemming from an apparent hack on Reddit, March 7.

Apparently it's just a rumor, you think

no it is not.. you can see the tweet of binance ceo.it was hacked.. as he used the word " hackers" .. but all the funds are now safe there were some trade irregularities but they have fixed everything

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/971520303812698112

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:16:30 PM

There was no Binance hack. A good friend told me that conigy has been hacked last day and the hackers abused the trading function from that platform to sell all the coins at binance. Correct me if I am wrong  Grin
Read the statement,they have called these attackers ,hackers ? they have considered it as hackers so they were compromised those are just excuses,if they didnt hold the widrawals they will get fucked up luckily followers from twitter had been actively shouting binance was hack so they did immediately disabled the widrawals,IT IS A HACK ATTEMPT

it could be prevented if they didnt allowed these bots in their exchange.

totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:36:39 PM

Based on what I read, they just disable the withdraw option because there were irregularities in trading activity caused by the trading bots. All funds are safe and they just warned their customers to be aware with the phishing sites. It was just a twisted and fake news to create FUD. Their statement might only be a sugar coat to avoid the crash of Binance credibility since they are one of the biggest exchange in the market. We all don't know what is the true story but it is a clear warning that we are all responsible to our own actions. Putting your funds to an exchange is not really safe.
All of these attacks caused by the hackers are indeed a good reason why we should keep our eyes with these exchanges,there are no perfect system and indeed binance has some shortcomings,they are blaming those bots to be the reason why that hackers get those API keys but in fact if they didnt allowed those bots to play in their exchanges there will be no problem,it was their mistake that why they are compromised.

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:45:12 PM

actually API bot problem was not the only reason for binance hack

there are people with hacked accounts who never used bot or API

some people got pishing and also mobile app (which stays always logged in) can be a weak point also

to be honest, binance had a very promt reaction to the hacking and roll back the system and solved the problem

we saw again, why binance is one of the best
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:46:02 PM

There was no Binance hack. A good friend told me that conigy has been hacked last day and the hackers abused the trading function from that platform to sell all the coins at binance. Correct me if I am wrong  Grin
No shit,it was a hack incident,phishing sites are considered as a hacking tool,they have called these people hackers so it is a hack.They are just blaming these bots to cover the mess that the hackers have caused,it shouldnt be happening if they prevented those bots in their exchanges,they ahve a good reputation that is why they wont admit it.

bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:49:56 PM

It aint a rumor,it was a hack incident,binance wont be admiting those attempts because their repuation has a good records from their users.They shouldnt allowed those bots to be used at the first place to these hackers wont find any holes in their security,they are just so lucky because most of the people in twitter get alarmed so that they have disabled all the widrawals.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:51:29 PM

Users of Binance, the top cryptocurrency exchange in the world by trade volume, are
reporting suspicious activity in their accounts stemming from an apparent hack on Reddit, March 7.

The exchange all said that everything was fine and lost money during these events only by hackers.

ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:52:36 PM

Im not surprice on it. Because todays hacker are so strong. They can crack many security system in just a click. Even xem wallet they almost take half a million dollars on it. And many hacker do but they didnt capture. Because nobody knows where did they do that. There lot of country doing crypto so its so hard to track on them..
makuny

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:31:02 AM

There was no hack for all.
People with bots and APIs had problems.

So you don't use this, you Safe.
basobulat

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:35:32 AM

even I just learned this news from your post. before I did not hear hacking about binance exchanges. I think this is just a rumor for the market getting down.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:41:03 AM

It wasn't true that Binance was hacked. It was a FUD, because i have an account there and nothing happened to it. I do not know why FUD easily spread these days. Anyway that is the power of media. It really causes a lot of panic to people and i am sure this would have made so many to sell there coins in haste.
Arz26

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:42:32 AM

The hacker were patient, spending time collecting user account credentials by imitating the official Binance logo  and creating an API key for each collected. API stands for application programming interface – it is by using this that one programme recognises another. But all funds are safe  and no  funds is stolen.
Name_none

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

May the power be with you!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:42:45 AM

Official statement of Binance team:

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe
Proof - https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/971454040704872448
royalcrypt

Activity: 456

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:44:36 AM

It wasn't a Binance hack. It was only some traders with third party API access which got compromised.
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:46:39 AM

Official statement of Binance team:

All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered.  Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before.  We are still investigating.  All funds are safe
Proof - https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/971454040704872448
binance must upgrade their security system! y'all guys only use exchanger for trade! don't save your funds in exchanger for a long time, always save in your private wallet, its more safety than exchanger wallet

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
melancoly

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:49:54 AM

Yes or no
do you really think the news of binance has caused the market to fry so much ?
MetaMod

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:50:12 AM

even I just learned this news from your post. before I did not hear hacking about binance exchanges. I think this is just a rumor for the market getting down.
LOL,its not a rumor it really happened,go to binance and do your homework binance was hack and they are denying it blaming those bots that they have allowed in their exchange,very unprofessional way of admitting their fault.I have lost my faith with binance apparently i am going back to my old school exchange which is bittrex.
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:54:19 AM

I've read that all is ok. Just check official Binance twitter. So do not worry for your criptocurrency assets Wink

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: