Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About this Spectrecoin(XSPEC)  (Read 392 times)
HippiePyro (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:12:09 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 07:05:25 PM by HippiePyro

Spectrecoin is a truly community driven coin. Their Ico (Nov 2016) was a total flop for the devs and only raised $16k USD. It was a great success for the investors, 4th best of all-time, atm. Nonetheless, the devs filled their end and delivered the v1.0 Native Tor integrated coin and distributed the supply amongst those who chose to invest.
Then through various reasons, most of the original devs left the project and sold their shares. Mandica, the original concept creator, stayed even tho she battled serious health issues and brought in @jbg to develope the code. Before long he assumed leadership of the entire project. His main focus is, has been, and will always be" "tech first", organic growth! He has delivered several versions of XSPEC and is currently work on 1.4 to make way for V2.0!!!
But he's is only one man and runs with no ICO funding. He gets paid by the community only what he needs, a living wage, nothing more, because he has such a faith and vision in this project.  The community has recently been able to hire a second cyrptographer, @brycel, and this "dev team" has done more on a couple thousand dollars then what most coins with millions from an ICO deliver.

What some see as bots and spam is part of a recent movement started by the community. We are tired of waiting for more exposure and even then theres the money issue. We don't have funding for traditional advertising(overpriced anyway) or bounty campaigns. Literally a $0 budget. This is grassroots marketing, community driven and created. Each member takes it upon themselves to take time from their day to promote their favorite thought about XSPEC.  Tor+OBSF4, Ghost Protocol ring sigs, stealth address, PoSv3, 100% decentralized, community driven, decentralized exchange, Mobile/Stealth staking soon! There are many things to love about this coin. And this grassroots marketing is working, as evident by the recent surge in price volume and posts. Look at the graph on CMC, this is the third time the community has marketed, can you see the other 2?
Other members work to update the website or create the infographics you see being shared. People all over the world freely giving  their time to make this project great and known by all. As a moderator in the marketing chat on discord, I can assure you we set forth strict guideline about what kind of post and such that people should make. Quality, genuine and not spammy. We don't control people or bots. This is a free project. Each member makes their own choice about what to do. That's my favorite part about Spectrecoin. You decide. You decide what image to make or share, what others get to see or read. If you don't like seeing the same images, come make a new one! You decide what improvements come next. If you want different marketing, come join us in discord and do it! https://discord.gg/CFSahm There is no central authority to stop you. This is true decentralization. The very basis of all true cryptocurrencies. You the user is in control! To join the worldwide community movement, join us in slack. https://slack.spectreproject.io/
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:40:57 PM

The grassroots team specifically does not condone or encourage posting information about XSPEC in threads where it's not relevant.  
They have made it clear to the spectrecoin community that they are not here to shill.  
From everything I've seen in their threads, they  encourage everyone to do their own footwork and reasearch and join the slack to see the progress being made.    
Their big push and why I'm behind them is their honest relay of what has been proposed by the devs.  
The grassroots team cannot be held accountable for every poster though.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:31:26 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 09:41:50 PM by srqrebel

Thank you HippiePyro for making this thread where forum participants can come to take a peek behind the scenes to see what the fuss is all about.  This allows the best kind of people - the smart ones, who are skeptical but open minded - to satisfy their curiosity and gain a better understanding of what Spectrecoin is, and why people are suddenly talking about it more.

One thing should be clear to anyone reading HippiePyro's post: Nobody is this motivated to promote a coin without an airdrop or bounty program associated with it, and without top down management, unless they are so impressed with what the coin offers that they are truly Holding On for Dear Life (HODLing).  People simply do not rally organically around a shit coin without compensation; they dump it.  Any posts about Spectrecoin you've seen the past couple weeks up to yesterday afternoon (this comment was written on Christmas Eve 2017), were made by individuals who were participating in a spontaneous grassroots effort to raise the visibility and awareness of this highly deserving privacy coin, in the broader crypto community - without compensation of any kind.

Yesterday afternoon I offered a one-time incentive in the form of a small XSPEC Christmas bonus to BTC posters from our core community.  This bonus is being paid out of my own pocket; I am just a simple XSPEC investor, and did not even learn of this coin until this past summer, well after the ICO was past.  Except for a similar campaign by a different investor on Twitter several months ago, which fell flat, this is the only time that I know of that anyone has ever offered anyone else compensation to promote this coin.  That's right.  We have not even paid 'professional' marketers or advertisers one cent.

How many other aspiring alt coins can honestly say that?

Once again: There is absolutely NO REASON for anyone to be motivated to actively and relentlessly spread the word about a coin without compensation, unless they really and truly believe in the future of the coin.  This alone should give any sensible person pause, and make them want to take a closer look.  The reason people are so motivated about Spectrecoin, is its tech.

A large part of what makes this coin special, is the features and technology which are being planned for it.  While it is already quite a functional and user-friendly privacy coin, with at least one groundbreaking feature already implemented (Tor + OBFS4 native integration), there are many features coming soon, and coming throughout 2018, which are what will really set this coin apart and establish it as a serious player in the privacy coin sector.  The fact that our team of developers, both of whom are cryptographers, are strongly dedicated to this coin and the concept for which it stands, have an established track record of delivering first rate product, make regular commits to the GitHub, and in the case of the lead dev, has donated his time and efforts to the development of this coin before the community rallied to support him with funding, gives us confidence that our dev team will follow through on every last detail of Spectrecoin's roadmap.

We are not competing with any other coin, and one of our community guidelines that we seek to hold to when spreading the word about XSPEC, is that we avoid disparaging other coins.  We make no attempt to whitewash ourselves by blackening others.  We stick to describing Spectrecoin, and do so as factually and tastefully as possible.  Spectrecoin is tech first, but a close second is our solid community of quality individuals who are passionate about the concept of Spectrecoin (in its final incarnation): A Hawala-like, 100% private and anonymous, fungible, digital cash for small remittance applications.

If this is "down your alley" so to speak, please take a closer look at our wiki page, which has excellent information on the background and tech of the coin, come say hi to our vibrant community of Spectrers, and feel free to join us.  Links are below.

Wiki page: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Slack invite: http://slack.spectreproject.io/

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
d0d15

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:40:07 PM

People (Community involved in marketing.) were warned about this before, but then again nothing specially bad happend. Many people joined Spectrecoin community. Marketing campaign is 100% community organized, and has very little or nothing to do with project development/lead. The fact is, until yesterday so to say Spectrecoin had 0 (zero) marketing efforts, and project lead was/is focused on improving tech/programming.

Anyone who finds Spectrecoin ideas and tech interesting, will soon find out it is a real project, and a good one.

Resources are restricted, team quite small, so energy is spent there, where it really counts in the long term. Community decided to take marketing in their hands, and the result is what we have.

Marketing that is not perfect, but is still works, it leaves some bad taste here and there, but in general on the end things will work well I think.
floyd1987

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:01:09 PM

I hope people who are interested in a genuine privacy coin find this. Thank you, HippiePyro, for making this thread. This is a good way to address any concerns someone has about our marketing or the coin itself without hijacking someone else's thread. Srqrebel made a very good point that this has been a grassroots campaign from the start working with a budget of zero. People have been taking time out of their lives to promote this, without compensation, because the technology is good and the trust that the development team has earned.
borgx

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:13:53 AM

Thanks for making this thread!
Im glad to clear some confusion about the coin we are excited about and again apologise for those who were/are annoyed by the many posts xspec investors are making.

Looking forwards to see the graph of xspec in 2018!
Alex_bao

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:54:13 AM

Every aitcoins may be unknown for some time But I like to see its growth, the future who knows, would like to btc who optimistic about it that year, the unknown is always optimistic, Spectrecoin (xcpec)
felixpalm

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

Yeah, amen to this. Honestly, we are not telling anyone to buy. Yes, I have some money invested but I am not an official member of the team. The community behind this project took it into their own hands to spread awareness so a lot of times it may come across as spam but it is because we are just that motivated to not let such tech disappear. Just do your research and you can see the privacy features behind this coin are unbeatable, we have a slack where the devs are able to answer any questions, I'm urging everyone to take a look. 
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:29:53 PM

I see Spectrecoin xspec going places in 2018

Buy some Spectrecoin now
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:46:36 PM

Spectre is a flop. Look at deeponion instead, the community is huge because the dev team was not gready and wanted ICO money. Deeponion dev team are giving the coins away for free!!
borgx

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:48:04 PM

Spectre is a flop. Look at deeponion instead, the community is huge because the dev team was not gready and wanted ICO money. Deeponion dev team are giving the coins away for free!!
Could you compare features in a other thread to stay ontopic?
I wouldnt mind that.
HippiePyro (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:49:01 PM

Last I checked the DO devs hold half the supply at present  and several million have their name on it for the end of the "airdrop". Not saying they are greedy but... besides why pay to have a community. Such things come from  organic growth. But I'll take the free money. Anyway this is off topic of this thread.
It's true the old devs at Spectrecoin had many problems with the ICO. But that has been over for a year and those devs are not with the project anymore. Spectrecoin has risen beyond those problems
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:24:56 AM

Funny that you say that, considering that the SpectreCoin dev team holds absolutely zero ICO money themselves.  By your own admission, the DeepOnion dev team is financially supporting the marketing efforts of the community.   In sharp contrast, the SpectreCoin devs are themselves financially supported by a highly motivated community of true believers, who happen to run the marketing efforts on their own with zero compensation, because they are THAT determined to help bring the SpectreCoin vision of a Hawala-like, 100% private and anonymous, peer-to-peer electronic cash for small remittances to fruition.

Which team would you put your money on in the long run?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
carlocolucci83

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:06:23 PM

Funny that you say that, considering that the SpectreCoin dev team holds absolutely zero ICO money themselves.  By your own admission, the DeepOnion dev team is financially supporting the marketing efforts of the community.   In sharp contrast, the SpectreCoin devs are themselves financially supported by a highly motivated community of true believers, who happen to run the marketing efforts on their own with zero compensation, because they are THAT determined to help bring the SpectreCoin vision of a Hawala-like, 100% private and anonymous, peer-to-peer electronic cash for small remittances to fruition.

Which team would you put your money on in the long run?

Spot on, mate. I found about Xspec not too long ago, and what I noticed pretty quick is the unbelievably dedicated community..the community is strong and support devs in order for them to fully focus on the product instead of other stuff. Very humble devs who look at the actual product instead of many other coins which tend to focus on "flashy"stuff and BS marketing. At the end of the road, the turtle will always win, remember that. Actual product beats hype all day every day.
darkr

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:19:13 PM

I see Spectrecoin xspec going places in 2018

Spectrecoin didn’t looks like good currency at the very beginning of its existence. No original technical idea and moderate sum of collected money to the first launch. Now its results quite moderate too.
Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

Thank you HippiePyro for making this thread where forum participants can come to take a peek behind the scenes to see what the fuss is all about.  This allows the best kind of people - the smart ones, who are skeptical but open minded - to satisfy their curiosity and gain a better understanding of what Spectrecoin is, and why people are suddenly talking about it more.

One thing should be clear to anyone reading HippiePyro's post: Nobody is this motivated to promote a coin without an airdrop or bounty program associated with it, and without top down management, unless they are so impressed with what the coin offers that they are truly Holding On for Dear Life (HODLing).  People simply do not rally organically around a shit coin without compensation; they dump it.  Any posts about Spectrecoin you've seen the past couple weeks up to yesterday afternoon (this comment was written on Christmas Eve 2017), were made by individuals who were participating in a spontaneous grassroots effort to raise the visibility and awareness of this highly deserving privacy coin, in the broader crypto community - without compensation of any kind.

Yesterday afternoon I offered a one-time incentive in the form of a small XSPEC Christmas bonus to BTC posters from our core community.  This bonus is being paid out of my own pocket; I am just a simple XSPEC investor, and did not even learn of this coin until this past summer, well after the ICO was past.  Except for a similar campaign by a different investor on Twitter several months ago, which fell flat, this is the only time that I know of that anyone has ever offered anyone else compensation to promote this coin.  That's right.  We have not even paid 'professional' marketers or advertisers one cent.

How many other aspiring alt coins can honestly say that?

Once again: There is absolutely NO REASON for anyone to be motivated to actively and relentlessly spread the word about a coin without compensation, unless they really and truly believe in the future of the coin.  This alone should give any sensible person pause, and make them want to take a closer look.  The reason people are so motivated about Spectrecoin, is its tech.

A large part of what makes this coin special, is the features and technology which are being planned for it.  While it is already quite a functional and user-friendly privacy coin, with at least one groundbreaking feature already implemented (Tor + OBFS4 native integration), there are many features coming soon, and coming throughout 2018, which are what will really set this coin apart and establish it as a serious player in the privacy coin sector.  The fact that our team of developers, both of whom are cryptographers, are strongly dedicated to this coin and the concept for which it stands, have an established track record of delivering first rate product, make regular commits to the GitHub, and in the case of the lead dev, has donated his time and efforts to the development of this coin before the community rallied to support him with funding, gives us confidence that our dev team will follow through on every last detail of Spectrecoin's roadmap.

We are not competing with any other coin, and one of our community guidelines that we seek to hold to when spreading the word about XSPEC, is that we avoid disparaging other coins.  We make no attempt to whitewash ourselves by blackening others.  We stick to describing Spectrecoin, and do so as factually and tastefully as possible.  Spectrecoin is tech first, but a close second is our solid community of quality individuals who are passionate about the concept of Spectrecoin (in its final incarnation): A Hawala-like, 100% private and anonymous, fungible, digital cash for small remittance applications.

If this is "down your alley" so to speak, please take a closer look at our wiki page, which has excellent information on the background and tech of the coin, come say hi to our vibrant community of Spectrers, and feel free to join us.  Links are below.

Wiki page: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Slack invite: http://slack.spectreproject.io/

I like what you are saying and I think that is the correct way to spread word about the coin. I don't think paying Bounties are wrong but it is true that it might scew the objectivity of an advertiser. But I am not sure that all SpectreCoin followers really are following your nice words: "we avoid disparaging other coins.  We make no attempt to whitewash ourselves by blackening others". Foremost I am refering to the SpectreCoin Wiki site on AltCoinWiki.org. Overall it is a great page, describing the interested in SpectreCoin but that Coin Comparison section pretty much does nothing except "blacken" the other privacy cryptos. It does lift aspects of the coins and SpectreCoin but every comparison is done in the favour of SpectreCoin. Don't get me wrong, SpectreCoin looks good on many points but a lot of the comments are subjective in the favour of SpectreCoin which is pretty much what you are speaking against

I think what you are doing as a community is great, to yourself market a coin that you support. I think community support is something that is becoming a major fundation for a successful marketing campaign. I am personally part of a similar project in supporting DeepOnion which you are free to check out via links in my signature. It is true that the DeepOnion marketing campaign differ in that they offer Bounties for select community members but I still see a similar community support within both SpectreCoin and DeepOnion.

Thanks for a great post and I will look more into SpectreCoin and what it has to offer.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: