Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks  (Read 19156 times)
johnsmithx (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:58:54 PM

My list of Bitcoin forks is fully updated now: 44 Bitcoin forks + 1 Bitcoin Cash fork. Enjoy Smiley

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:34:54 PM

My list of Bitcoin forks is fully updated now: 44 Bitcoin forks + 1 Bitcoin Cash fork. Enjoy Smiley

great list! i did not know that there are so many bitcoin forks. i think most of the forks have certainly been made to earn quick money.
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:01:13 AM

Full nodes of 20 Bitcoin forks + 1 fork of Bitcoin Cash + the original Bitcoin + BitCore + Monero, all running at the same time on the same little computer.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
n00by

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:21:16 AM

+ 1 fork of Bitcoin Cash

pls send my ip address for nodes of Bitcoin Cash Plus. Thanks
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

+ 1 fork of Bitcoin Cash

pls send my ip address for nodes of Bitcoin Cash Plus. Thanks

Bitcoin Cash Plus is not a fork of Bitcoin Cash, read the list again. Furthermore, IP addresses of Bitcoin Cash Plus nodes would be useless to you now as there is no new block for several weeks now, read the list again.

forkdrop

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 04:27:17 PM

Great info on running node software. Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) recently released their source so that can be updated here: https://github.com/lbtcio/lbtc-core

This is not necessarily the same criteria as this list, but we put together a list of bitcoin forks from our dataset with a breakdown by category to help clear up some confusion that is out there:

https://forkdrop.io/how-many-bitcoin-forks-are-there

Of course, our main page and the per-coin page have a bunch of additional details on each coin.
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

I can not understand why so many forks? Previously, I thought that the fork bitcoin is no more than 12 - 15, but now I read this article and was surprised.
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:41:26 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2018, 11:44:56 PM by johnsmithx

Great info on running node software. Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) recently released their source so that can be updated here: https://github.com/lbtcio/lbtc-core

This is not necessarily the same criteria as this list, but we put together a list of bitcoin forks from our dataset with a breakdown by category to help clear up some confusion that is out there:

https://forkdrop.io/how-many-bitcoin-forks-are-there

Of course, our main page and the per-coin page have a bunch of additional details on each coin.

Excellent about LBTC, I was wondering how much longer was the LBTC team going to violate the license, and excellent about your list, I will see if there is any noteworthy fork I am missing. Thank you!

EDIT: haven't found any noteworthy fork with the source code. To me your list would be great if it also grouped forks based on whether they published the source code or not.

ничeгo ceбe ,я нe cлышaлa чтo иx тaк мнoгo .Cпacибo зa инфopмaцию

Please do not quote the whole OP, you are making this topic very difficult to read for all the other people.

Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:27:35 PM

Thanks very much for this point of situation to control all bitcoin fork ... btcdiv.com is a good site to monitor this fork ... but there are other website to monitor this? We can make a list of fork monitor of bitcoin and major altcoin? Thanks
Kirmalew

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:28:59 PM

Very good compilation. Most of the forks will end up dead if they are not already there. Forks only make sense if you can really throw hashing power behind it.
timoshani

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

About Bitcoin Gold, I won't say that this fork doesn't have a big trust for the people of the crypto world. Because not so long time when XAPO made automatical exchange BTG to BTC. This fact means that the future of this token is not successfully. But thank's to the author of such full list of the last forks.

haithomocduong

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:50:54 AM

This is a very complete list of Bitcoin Forks. I think investors need this information in order to find out about the coin that gets bitcoin forks. Always research carefully before investing is the right thing to do in a time when the cryptocurrency market is having a lot of trouble, be careful not to overdo it.
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

This is a very complete list of Bitcoin Forks. I think investors need this information in order to find out about the coin that gets bitcoin forks. Always research carefully before investing is the right thing to do in a time when the cryptocurrency market is having a lot of trouble, be careful not to overdo it.

You just literally copy&pasted a half-year-old post of somebody else presenting it as your own. Faking your posts count?

forkdrop

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 11:40:40 PM

Thanks very much for this point of situation to control all bitcoin fork ... btcdiv.com is a good site to monitor this fork ... but there are other website to monitor this? We can make a list of fork monitor of bitcoin and major altcoin? Thanks

is https://forkdrop.io what you are looking for?
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:02:39 AM

Good list, thank you. I was interested. BTC2. I have a certain amount of this coin, because I participated in a recent ICO with the aim of promoting its fame. Found some useful information. In addition, it looks like this coin will soon appear on Kucoin.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 09:24:45 AM

Wow, i had no idea that there were so many forks of Bitcoin. However, except for Bitcoin Cash and maybe Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Core,most other forks are almost useless.

vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:33:32 PM

I can't sync my BitcoinGOD wallet... I need some working nodes... could you help me with a list of working nodes?
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:34:06 AM

I updated my list of forks. A few of them apparently gave up, we got a few new ones (BCH's), nearly all of the forks have zero or next to zero value.

Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:24:40 AM

Ohh man, a huge amount of work have been done, I couldn't even image how much time it were to sync all the blockchains

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
johnsmithx (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 12:35:19 PM

I updated the status for each fork, added example nodes and pruned their blockchains up to the given fork block so that we can see the sizes of the actual post-fork blockchains.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: