Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if the Internet was shut-down - forever?!  (Read 705 times)
Taty703

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

But you used to live without the Internet before? Of course, without the Internet, we will be deprived of the opportunities that it gives today. The world will not be the same) Even imagine terrible ... I hope we will never be without the Internet.
Amuzeddingo

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:05:47 AM

If that were to happen, obviously the world would fall into chaos and nobody would know what to do except to try and survive.
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:40:02 AM

If that were to happen, obviously the world would fall into chaos and nobody would know what to do except to try and survive.

Maybe not as bad as it is, it only needs to be adjusted back to life when the internet has not been discovered yet.

Yipsdow34

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:44:36 AM

I would definitely focus on survival as the world is literally going to be on fire without the internet... People will panic, there will be chaos as a result of millions of jobs lost..
Kothar

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:47:17 AM

I would go on living. Would go and find a job not connected to the internet. It would be really bad but not critical.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

The very thought of no more internet frightens me to death but, seriously, how would we cope in life? In business? In education?

Could we recover as a world society ever again without it?

This will be a big problem! documents that are downloadable will be not accessible anymore most of the companies now and government branches are into internet connection to have the fastest outcome and work. our bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be in big trouble! technology development will be a big mess again. the internet is one if the best invention ever that we can research without the need of encyclopedias!
Jednopivo (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:46:17 PM

The very thought of no more internet frightens me to death but, seriously, how would we cope in life? In business? In education?

This will be a big problem! documents that are downloadable will be not accessible anymore most of the companies now and government branches are into internet connection to have the fastest outcome and work. our bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be in big trouble! technology development will be a big mess again. the internet is one if the best invention ever that we can research without the need of encyclopedias!
I think it's pretty safe to say that it would be an absolute nightmare if it was shut down. However, as a few other people have stated, we survived without it before. 20 years ago and I was using a company system - internet wasn't available. Pagers and faxes, the postal system, cabinets full of documents,  and the old landline were our means of doing business. So many boxes full of files!!!
Jednopivo (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

I would go on living. Would go and find a job not connected to the internet. It would be really bad but not critical.
Yes, imagine the chaos and rioting. It's a scary thought.
cnorthime

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:51:58 PM

I would start playing solitaire on my PC)
but you are right, there would be chaos definitely
Jednopivo (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:53:25 PM

I would start playing solitaire on my PC)
but you are right, there would be chaos definitely
Good idea! I'd bring out the old boardgames. And play Snake on my old Nokia!
hajil3

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:18:44 PM

if this will happen i will need to look for a diversion..like farming. The work in the farm makes me busy the whole day.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:26:05 PM

The world will be shocked, the worst to happen in humans before we have no internet and people are living and doing business, then the internet came and the world began to move faster and the business bloom so nice. the world will be shocked as the most business depends online. as of me, i cant do anything.
I will lose all my cryptocurrency and will be back in normal life. i will miss so much those relatives that i usually talk every day over a video call.
nyn8920

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:43:22 PM

The implications are actually very easy to see. While our culture is very very very dependent on internet firstly I would suddenly have massive shock and might stuck in the point where internet stops. however people will find a alternative way to address the issue.  Grin Grin
junieeegasm

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:16:37 AM

Go on with living. Stay on the beach or climb more mountains.  Besides internet is getting more toxic everyday tho.
vladimir29

Activity: 202
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:22:31 AM

If ever the internet will gone forever.. i wil change my attention to sport and burn down all the fats  in my belly because i gain this belly from sitting in front of computer just to watch movie and browse in the web. 😊😊😊
crypto-trader2017

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:23:19 AM

I think that everything will become sad
Many who roughly live on the Internet, spend all their time there
For me, the most terrible will be work and communication with loved ones who live far away
twarden

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:25:11 AM

Door to door encyclopedia salesman!!!
soso23

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:33:04 AM

wait for it to be reastarted