Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my gpu crashes on mining start up  (Read 118 times)
achuckr (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:57:53 AM

Hi guys, i really need some help, i'm losing my mind here

My configuration:
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-P
Processor: Intel G3930
GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
PSU: Corsair CX750M
SSD: 120gb Integral
RAM: HyperX Fury 4gb DDR4

I'm trying to build a rig of 1070s but I'm just starting with one card and having issues

It immediately crashes on claymore mining ethereum and it crashes during the benchmark of nicehash... (the gpu LEDs flash like crazy and the mining client no longer sees the card)...

after i reboot, the card no longer gets recognised, it's in device manager but no status on msi AB and the mining client cant use the card - i have to do a clean driver install for it to come back...

i've tried a different gpu, different psu, different ssd, about 5 different risers - all same issue

i've tried underclocking the cards to the max and i've tried an older driver - still no joy Sad

bumped the virtual memory to 16gb to 32gb - still nada...

the only thing i can think of is not enough RAM or a fault mobo?

any help would be greatly appreciated! thank youuu
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:24:02 AM

My configuration:

I'm trying to build a rig of 1070s but I'm just starting with one card and having issues

It immediately crashes on claymore mining ethereum and it crashes during the benchmark of nicehash... (the gpu LEDs flash like crazy and the mining client no longer sees the card)...

after i reboot, the card no longer gets recognised, it's in device manager but no status on msi AB and the mining client cant use the card - i have to do a clean driver install for it to come back...

i've tried a different gpu, different psu, different ssd, about 5 different risers - all same issue

i've tried underclocking the cards to the max and i've tried an older driver - still no joy Sad

try to direct the GPU card into the motherboards PCI-e x16 slot. then hit up the miner. if it succeed, you have a plenty of faulty risers.
achuckr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:44:36 AM

My configuration:

try to direct the GPU card into the motherboards PCI-e x16 slot. then hit up the miner. if it succeed, you have a plenty of faulty risers.

oh wow...

i connected the gpu directly and it's mining and stable... i literally bought 16 risers and i'm guessing they are all faulty... what is life...

thank you so much
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:49:02 AM

Can you post the link to the risers that you bought?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
achuckr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:56:17 AM

the seller has changed the listing to another product

the seller name is: extraestore

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:58:22 AM

My configuration:

oh wow...

i connected the gpu directly and it's mining and stable... i literally bought 16 risers and i'm guessing they are all faulty... what is life...

thank you so much

WT*, 16risers and all faulty, oh dear, anyways, good to hear its not your boards causing it.

check these threads, it might help give you an idea in choosing best risers and their respective power usage

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2625137.0
gotminer

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:05:46 AM

Cheap shit and you got fucked.  Return all of them and buy good risers with good reviews.  Not sure what country you are in, but Amazon has decent choices.  This is what I buy.  I have four 6 gpu rigs running with them.  Have yet to have a single issue ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PS39BK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Have yet to have a single issue with those risers, that is ... Lol.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
achuckr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:19:23 AM

My configuration:

oh wow...

thank you so much

WT*, 16risers and all faulty, oh dear, anyways, good to hear its not your boards causing it.

check these threads, it might help give you an idea in choosing best risers and their respective power usage

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2625137.0

i know, finally a breakthrough after 3 nights of researching and testing!

thank you, i had a read through and ordered some more...
achuckr (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:25:35 AM

Cheap shit and you got fucked.  Return all of them and buy good risers with good reviews.  Not sure what country you are in, but Amazon has decent choices.  This is what I buy.  I have four 6 gpu rigs running with them.  Have yet to have a single issue ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PS39BK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Have yet to have a single issue with those risers, that is ... Lol.

"cheap shit and got fucked" THIS

i thought because they have such a high failure rate, it didnt matter if i got cheap shit or not... im in the UK so i had a look through amazon and ordered some with 4 capacitors, 6pin power connection and good reviews!

i hope this thread helps someone in the future!
gotminer

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:34:11 AM

Some people are opposed to sata powered risers.  So far I am not ... Just follow the rule of not powering more than 2 risers per sata connection to the psu and you'll be fine. 

R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:51:01 AM

Molex and sata connectors aren't rated for the max. 75 watts your graphics card could try and pull through the riser.  Shocked

Get the risers with the 6-pin connectors and either connect it directly to the psu or get a 2x sata to 6 pin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: