Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:26:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who here already pre-ordered the Monarch 28 nm Bitcoin mining card Huh
Yes I pre-ordered the Monarch and I have high HOPEs BFL will deliver on time
Nope not me, Mama didn't raise no fool
Yes, I pre-ordered it and now Im trying to sell it (make me an offer, Please!)
I regret buying the Monarch

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Who here already pre-ordered the Monarch 28 nm Bitcoin mining card ???  (Read 16226 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:32:46 AM

a GPU with all this tubing etc. Clearly they don't get it and they don't understand where the next thing in mining is. They have chosen wrong. Very wrong. Also they don't include the psu's and the mobo you are going to need to do these in any sort of density. $$$ tis gonna cost you a lot more time as well setting these up and tweaking. Too much time.

These will all use USB cables for 99% of the 'lucky' owners - and will be a terrible mostrosity. It is amazing the poor design that BFL chose and stuck with. An honest man in thier shoes right now would go: "shit, we are behind schedule and our design is horrendous and matches no form-factor at all. Let's re-design this a a square, 4-chip board so that it can be stacked or encased easily and provide 2x the hashing power to our customers who have waited all this time"

But nope, these things are gonna take up 5 PCI slots with a big heavy radiator/pump, require host computers and be delivered astoundingly late to customers

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:37:49 AM

They are using some off the shelf design / components and slapping untested chips on it. No doubt they have some sort of deal with a PCB fab that used to do older GPU's etc and have everything all 'lined up'. Cutting corners at every step of the design phase gets you a wonderfully ugly miner that is so retro that that it comes out of the box looking like Steam Punk or something that was made for Battle Star Gallatica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptoaCKZ0Tw

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 07:07:44 AM

a GPU with all this tubing etc. Clearly they don't get it and they don't understand where the next thing in mining is. They have chosen wrong. Very wrong. Also they don't include the psu's and the mobo you are going to need to do these in any sort of density. $$$ tis gonna cost you a lot more time as well setting these up and tweaking. Too much time.

These will all use USB cables for 99% of the 'lucky' owners - and will be a terrible mostrosity. It is amazing the poor design that BFL chose and stuck with. An honest man in thier shoes right now would go: "shit, we are behind schedule and our design is horrendous and matches no form-factor at all. Let's re-design this a a square, 4-chip board so that it can be stacked or encased easily and provide 2x the hashing power to our customers who have waited all this time"

But nope, these things are gonna take up 5 PCI slots with a big heavy radiator/pump, require host computers and be delivered astoundingly late to customers

You two really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? heh... it's like watching two toddlers trying to be part of an adult conversation.  It really is.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:18:33 AM

Attacking the person yet again?

No doubt he is.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:13:35 PM

Who here already pre-ordered the Monarch 28 nm Bitcoin mining card

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give them a Trusted feedback Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198
Yes I pre-ordered the Monarch and I have high HOPEs BFL will deliver on time

11 (6.6%)
Nope not me, Mama didn't raise no fool

133 (79.6%)
Yes, I pre-ordered it and now Im trying to sell it (make me an offer, Please!)

3 (1.8%)

I regret buying the Monarch

20 (12%)

Lock Voting
Edit Poll
Total Voters: 167

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

You two really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? heh... it's like watching two toddlers trying to be part of an adult conversation.  It really is.

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give them a Trusted feedback Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

please, explain. The original monarch drawings all show it having roughly the form factor of a 7950 GPU. the most recent image shows a big card with ugly water blocks on it that is already much thicker than any GPU, and it doesnt even have a radiator or coolant resevoir on it yet, which would probably double its height again.

I mighr have more idea what im talking about if the monarch was actually on-time, properly prototyped, shown to those who had invested in it, and met specs (600GH air-cooled was the original promise'estimate', wasn't it?)

PLEASE, show us what BFL has now? as far as i can tell its ugly, late, and not nearly the promised specs. Additionally, the need for it to fit any PCI-card form-factor is no longer necessary for >90% of your customers since why would they want to add >150W of mobo/CPU to the power use of this thing when almost every other design available or coming out simply connects directly to the internet without a host computer?

grow up inaba. you have not made friends here, maybe its time your parents try moving you to a private school

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

Until i see one of you guys produce something better and faster i say Inaba and BFL is doing a pretty decent job.

And to be honest, i like his style. It takes cojones to ask a customer to fuck off  Cool
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

Until i see one of you guys produce something better and faster i say Inaba and BFL is doing a pretty decent job.

And to be honest, i like his style. It takes cojones to ask a customer to fuck off  Cool

Aren't you the liar troll who claimed to be a part of HF's team?  Why should we give a shit what you think.  Plenty of people have produced a better product than Josh, considering he hasn't produced sweet fuck-all but wildly inaccurate estimates and a piss poor attitude to the legitimate concerns of his customers.  Further, plenty of people here have successfully produced something better and faster than BFL.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:03:15 PM

Additionally, the need for it to fit any PCI-card form-factor is no longer necessary for >90% of your customers since why would they want to add >150W of mobo/CPU to the power use of this thing when almost every other design available or coming out simply connects directly to the internet without a host computer?

The PCI form factor is what they should have done with their 65nm line in the first place.  At that point we all still had huge GPU farms that could have incorporated a design like this quite easily.  Now that we've been forced off of the ATX platform into standalone units, all these were good work was data center deployment.  However, as you've pointed out, the monstrosity of that water cooling solution pretty much kills that approach.
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:10:18 PM

Aren't you the liar troll who claimed to be a part of HF's team?  Why should we give a shit what you think.  Plenty of people have produced a better product than Josh, considering he hasn't produced sweet fuck-all but wildly inaccurate estimates and a piss poor attitude to the legitimate concerns of his customers.  Further, plenty of people here have successfully produced something better and faster than BFL.

The one and only, SantaMuerte, yes. Remember the alias, it will be in the headlines some day Wink
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

The one and only, SantaMuerte, yes. Remember the alias, it will be in the headlines some day Wink

'Unknown man crosses busy street without looking and is hit by car
5 people attend funeral looking for free food, family skips it, says "he was an idiot"'

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:38:53 PM

One more pic for the record !

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:20:49 PM

A FREEEEE update from your favorite boy:

05 February 2014 Monarch Update

Most subsystems (State, IO, frequency control, counters, etc) on the chip have been tested and passed. The engine tests are still ongoing. The test software was returning unexpected results which turned out to be a bug in the testing software and has been (and is being) rewritten from scratch, so testing of the engines is taking a little longer than expected. The current estimation is that we should be done testing the chip in the next few days. In the meantime, the packaged chips should be on their way to the testing facility, though I don't yet have tracking numbers or confirmation of this. I will be working on getting that today or tomorrow hopefully.

Once the packaged chips arrive at the testing facility, they will wire it up to the test harness and start conducting the full power tests to see just how far we might be able to push the chips and what their real world power consumption is.

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:52:51 AM

Can someone dig up the same sort of post with regards to the 65nm and post these updates side by side?

Funny but I bet these "excuses" are pretty familiar aren't they?

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:56:31 AM

Can someone dig up the same sort of post with regards to the 65nm and post these updates side by side?

I was there & your too freakin right  Shocked  Roll Eyes

Leopards DO NOT change their spots  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:46:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg2749509#msg2749509

The statement was that we did not refund preorders.  We did.  We are no longer taking pre-orders and we are not refunding orders that are currently in the queue, that's correct.

It was stated multiple times that all sales are final when you ordered.  What part of that were you unable to understand?  We can't be responsible for your lack of reading comprehension or ability to understand simple English sentences.  Sorry for your reading disability, perhaps next time you should get someone to explain what terms and conditions mean to you before placing and order.  Now put on your big boy pants and accept responsibility for your actions instead of whining to me why you are unable to function in normal society and you should be a special case.

People need to get their big boy pants on soon. The Monarch is going to cause you buyers remorse and ALL "PRE-ORDERS" are FINAL!

Bicknellski

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:39:11 PM

nibb Ars Scholae Palatinae about 8 hours ago

What BLF does is clearly a scam. This is how they proceed.

They sell per-orders, but already accept and want the money upfront, with the excuse they use it to finance the production of the device, they don´t risk their own money on producing devices which should be a huge red flag already.

Not a single company in the US does this, not sure how legal it is to accept money for something you don´t have in stock. Example, Amazon only charges your credit card when the box has left the facility, when its shipped. Not before.

While that is going the extra line, its not correct to charge something you are not going to ship soon, and by soon I don´t mean 1 year.

So BLF accepts money, and then says you can only request a refund for 2 months, they also claim that orders are shipped more or less in 2-3 months and here is the trick. PayPal, etc you cannot request a refund after 2 months have passed, so this is why they say 3 month shipment, they only want customers to wait at least 60 days so they can´t request a refund anymore, not to mention Bitcoins, then you lost your money already....

The fact is that BLF does not ship you the product at least 6 months (shortest ever so far), 1 years (normal) and some never received anything.

They claimed they honor refunds in their web pages but that is fake as well. They then published somewhere that they don´t process refunds anymore, but still in their order page they publish refund for 60 days and shipment in more or less 60 days. They don´t honor any of them and they back pedal on that. They send a canned email message to people requesting a refund, saying that orders are final and you accepted the terms of sales. This is not legal in the US as far as I know, you have to honor a refund if you did not shipped the product yet by law.

The fact is that once you receive your precious unit, for that those that actually do receive something, you will find out that it will NEVER pay for even the cost you paid. So now BLF mined on your money and once the Bitcoin difficulty increased to a point that your device will hardly not even pay itself off, then they send you the unit, this means 6 months to 1 years of ordering. Its a cash cow business for them. They get ton of money from pre-orders, only product a few ones, send this to those that complain, but only send them after enough months went by and they have mined enough money out of them, when they are used enough and are basically worthless, then they send you the unit. You are basically paying them so they can mine on your own money.

They launching their hosted mining services but yet have not shipped all orders to their customers. That should tell you allot, they HAVE devices, but instead of sending them to people that paid for them, they actually mine on them. They are mining on others people money. If they had not devices they would never offer such a service in the first place and would first offer such a deal only after all customers received their products.

I understand this and other persons want their money back after a few months because they are never going to make their ROI back, if you did not received your unit after at least 3 months of ordering, you can trow it in the garbage by the time you receive it. If you order a mining unit today, you need it have it mining at least in 30 days, and it will be useless after 6 months anyway. BLF ships you the unit 1 month or so before that time line expires. Example, you pay a 1000$ unit, you can generate lets say 250$ a month with it at the currents Bitcoin value, the difficulty increases each day, so next month that device will make only 200$ and so on. Then that device will only generate 50$ a month, then they ship the device, so now you paid a unit 1000$ that will hardly ever make the ROI back.

There is a nice discussion about this, but people that actually paid in Bitcoins, they lost even more money, if they would just had cashed their bitcoins out at todays value. Since the are never going to generate them back.

I´m actually impressed how they can still operate so long under this model in the US. Any other business would be shut down or intervened right away. In my book, receiving money and not sending anything of value is a scam. ASIC devices are a huge scam. There only a couple of companies that have access to them, and most of them did similar lousy tricks like BLF, the only ones that generate bitcoins with this devices is BLF.

This company will shut down eventually, they have ripped to many people out of their money to evade this for longer, and once this happens, all this people that are still waiting are going to be left with nothing.

up ( +5 | +6 / -1 ) down 1020 posts | registered Feb 8, 2012

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:15:29 PM

BFL still hasn't shipped product they promised in October of last year. Why does that sound so familiar?  Huh

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:22:17 AM

familiar

Nice:!)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: