Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Farm Progession  (Read 4526 times)
vxcoScripts (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:33:11 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1), davis196 (1), EthanB (1)

First off, we started this farm with only 2 L3's and then expanded with 8 S9's.

They sit in a small shack in Minnesota, because the weather is so chilly in the winter then stay relatively cool sucking air in from outside.

We are moving so a data center within the couple weeks and I'll be uploading pictures of our progress and how we are designing it to be mining specific, but here's what we have so far!

https://vimeo.com/251756149
(Sorry for the way I recorded it I'll tilt it next time)
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:07:38 PM

Very cool set up.  How are the electricity prices where you are?

I pay about $.06kW/h
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:19:12 PM

Its nice,a lot of noise, you use AC for the heat ?
We use air from outside, we are located in Minnesota, it's cool around here so no need for ac this time of year.
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

They sit in a small shack in Minnesota, because the weather is so chilly in the winter then stay relatively cool sucking air in from outside.

We are moving so a data center within the couple weeks and I'll be uploading pictures of our progress and how we are designing it to be mining specific, but here's what we have so far!

https://vimeo.com/251756149
(Sorry for the way I recorded it I'll tilt it next time)

That's pretty cool. How much is the datacenter gonna cost you?

Can't tell you that (: but, I can tell you it's reasonably priced and power there is SUPER cheap, tons of solar farms sell to them so there's a lot of power to go around.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:56:22 AM

Wat temps u getting from the L3 ans S9? They look nice

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:01:10 AM

Wat temps u getting from the L3 ans S9? They look nice

My l3's sit at about 40C and S9's about 50
solarismedic

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Have you calculated if you'll make a profit (ROI) with the current difficulty?
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:40:59 PM

Have you calculated if you'll make a profit (ROI) with the current difficulty?

I've been mining with these for quite some time. I'm also offering a colo for people with asic or gpu rigs, I've done all the math to make this profitable.
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:03:41 PM

How many BTC is one of your S9's making per day?  Thx!
With all 8 S9's I make .05 BTC every 3 days
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:25:27 PM

What is the data center charging you for storage??

It's a very reasonable price, under 15k monthly, with all the units we can host it's very manageable.
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:18:01 PM

Do you have maybe some kind of rates? Like Zone 1, 2, 3, for using 1000-2000-3000 KW, and after that electricity is getting more expensive, or your price is constant no matter how much electricity do you use? Is it commercial or regular one(for citizens)?
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:00:10 PM

Do you have maybe some kind of rates? Like Zone 1, 2, 3, for using 1000-2000-3000 KW, and after that electricity is getting more expensive, or your price is constant no matter how much electricity do you use? Is it commercial or regular one(for citizens)?

Thank you for the question, the data center I contract with has many provides from around the area. Mains coming straight from a nuclear plant 50 miles away and a huge solar farm. It's a constant commercial rate no matter how much we use. As the for place I'm at now it's constant as well.   
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:38:46 AM

Update: Put in 4 A3's now up to 14 total. Data center final touches this week! Should start moving soon.
ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:43:33 PM

Update: Put in 4 A3's now up to 14 total. Data center final touches this week! Should start moving soon.

Any video/image updates?
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:11:24 PM

https://vimeo.com/258358422
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:30:21 PM

This is sounding great! (as in: low noise...)

How did you make the boxes with the miners? What is the system? Do you have some drawings or sketches, and materials used?
EthanB

Merit: 336

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:47:59 PM

I always enjoy seeing a small farm able to pick itself up by the bootstraps and starting grinding it's teeth in the mining game. I like that you have been able to gain some traction and have used some math to verify that it'll be profitable (at least, from what we can tell right now).

Do you plan on selling off your old hardware or are you expecting to ride it into the rocks?

I imagine you in an Ice-Fishing shack, manning the rigs and the poles. It seems unfortunate that where there is cool weather for natural cooling, there is little sunlight for solar power. You get to pick one, it appears.

I wonder if the Data Center is naturally cool as well, since you mentioned Solar power being at least sourced into the area.

Can't tell you that (:

Don't be a stick in the mud. Sad

How many BTC is one of your S9's making per day?  Thx!
With all 8 S9's I make .05 BTC every 3 days

How much did you pay for the S9's? .05 BTC every 3 days is quite nice.

Do you have an updated rate with the New A3's being added? A total rate?
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:38:25 AM

Time for a well overdue update! Current farm is the same, haven't touched anything lately which is good. My new project is setting up a small mine for a client of mine, I'll upload what I've done tomorrow when I go and finish up. Currently has 20 A6's, so about 24.6 GH/s Litecoin/Verge mining. Keeping busy with all the new miners being released. Love working on networking and miner uptime, I'll keep you posted!
EthanB

Merit: 336

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:59:22 PM

Time for a well overdue update! Current farm is the same, haven't touched anything lately which is good.

I've waited so patiently and after all this time I will still not receive responses to my questions. Sad
They are genuine questions and I hope when you get a chance you'll circle back to them.

My new project is setting up a small mine for a client of mine, I'll upload what I've done tomorrow when I go and finish up.

Is that a service that you offer to your clients? Setting up a mine for them. Very interested to see how it turns out.

Currently has 20 A6's, so about 24.6 GH/s Litecoin/Verge mining.  Love working on networking and miner uptime, I'll keep you posted!

Are you talking about the clients small mine that you are setting up? Also, what kind of struggles have you had to deal with as far as downtime?
vxcoScripts (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:43:08 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 12:28:50 AM by frodocooper

Do you plan on selling off your old hardware or are you expecting to ride it into the rocks?

Yes I plan in liquidating all of my current equipment when it becomes unprofitable.

I imagine you in an Ice-Fishing shack, manning the rigs and the poles. It seems unfortunate that where there is cool weather for natural cooling, there is little sunlight for solar power. You get to pick one, it appears.

Kinda, where I live two 100 acre solar farms and a hydro plant reside.

I wonder if the Data Center is naturally cool as well, since you mentioned Solar power being at least sourced into the area.

The Data Center unfortunately fell through due to cooling costs actually, used a 70 ton chiller in a 2000 square foot room, thing was massive.

How much did you pay for the S9's? .05 BTC every 3 days is quite nice.

Back when I bought them I paid 33 BCC. Of course Bcc was only at 250 at the time.

Do you have an updated rate with the New A3's being added? A total rate?

Update on the A3's hashing at 850 GH/s and there's 4 of them so 3.4 TH/s plus or minus a few!

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to correct erroneous quote formatting.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: