Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay UK - massive clampdown on anything Bitcoin related.  (Read 4066 times)
HellDiverUK (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:54:14 AM

Got this from a guy I bought BTC from.  I've also seen folks selling Bitcoin hardware getting the same treatment.

[THIS MESSAGE IS SENT TO EVERYBODY WHO DEALT WITH ME OVER THE LAST 30 DAYS]

As you may be aware, since the weekend eBay have been on the warpath with Bitcoin. Starting with the largest sellers, eBay have systematically been shutting us down. Most Bitcoin listings have been deleted, orders have been cancelled (even paid-for orders), accounts have been closed and sellers have been threatened with account closures for anything but total compliance with eBays totalitarian demands. Some sellers have been blocked from even communicating with their customers which is what has happened to me for a small while.

Even sellers of Bitcoin mining hardware have been threatened with account closures for running currency exchange services, which bares no grounding in either logic or common sense. I have been repeatedly harassed and threatened by eBay for conducting my own private affairs. PayPal have even stolen money from me from and attempted to arbitrarily reverse even quite historic transactions from satisfied customers.

These are unprecedented times and I have been unable to do much about it.
**I WANT TO ASSURE EVERYBODY THAT HAS PAID FOR AN ORDER THAT I _WILL_ FULFILL IT**
I am an honest businessman and many of my customers who have had repeat dealings should know I can be trusted completely.

I understand lots of people are worried and annoyed with me but please understand that this is entirely eBay's doing and this is an unprecedented situation. Please be prepared for a couple of days to receive your Bitcoin, eBay deleted large amounts of order information and it's a slow and painful process to try and reconstruct a history of my account from fragments of old messages and notes which were made. I'm working on this for 18 hours each day.

I will contact everybody with updates to their orders as soon as I humanly can.
In case my account is again blocked from messaging, **PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER** so I can update you no matter what happens here.

So, I think anyone dealing in BTC or BTC related stuff on the Bay of e should watch themselves, and be careful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: