Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Skein algo is so fast - and why is it ASIC proof.  (Read 207 times)
norminorm (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

Hi guys could some one explain please. I see coins like DGB (skein) the new one Timec (also Skein algo) where transaction times are in seconds compare to coins from other algos where transaction time takes eternity. Why is that, only because of the short block time or the Blockchain is lighter, more easy to operate? Also is Skein really ASIC proof, or this is only because there is not enough profit for any company to develop the ASIC miner. Also I have 1080ti mining skein with 1000h/s  - finding blocks (i use sp-mod#2 paid miner) and i use sgminer v5.3.1 on my amd cards (r9 390) hash rate about 220h/s. It is possible that AMD card with less hash rate found more blocks then the 1080ti. How could i get the info from sgminer - like total block mined in last 24h.
Thank you
regards
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 01:53:33 PM

Hi guys could some one explain please. I see coins like DGB (skein) the new one Timec (also Skein algo) where transaction times are in seconds compare to coins from other algos where transaction time takes eternity. Why is that, only because of the short block time or the Blockchain is lighter, more easy to operate? Also is Skein really ASIC proof, or this is only because there is not enough profit for any company to develop the ASIC miner. Also I have 1080ti mining skein with 1000h/s  - finding blocks (i use sp-mod#2 paid miner) and i use sgminer v5.3.1 on my amd cards (r9 390) hash rate about 220h/s. It is possible that AMD card with less hash rate found more blocks then the 1080ti. How could i get the info from sgminer - like total block mined in last 24h.
Thank you
regards
Skein is not ASIC proof, there is a ASIC for it. Check out Baikal X10.
You get like 5 GH/s for like 150W. I would try algorithms like neoscrypt,equihash,lyra2v
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: