Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:52:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] FACETER – computer vision surveillance technology  (Read 114121 times)
Kigtad

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:00:06 AM

Like any technology, it has advantages and disadvantages. It's can prevent crime from occurring, gather evidence and saving records and give that a sense of security. On other hand, it's make privacy issue, I have heard about some employees that  took legal action against their employers because of that.

Well pretty sure this will happen if faceter will sell this device to companies so they can control the surveillance system. So the good plan is just let faceter manage the surveillance, I think they have enough manpower to do it.

They can't control anything ! faceter just provide the service to you as customer, you have fully control of your Security Cameras and actually this advanced surveillance was available only for big companies because of its cost and complexity, Now with faceter will be in hand of individuals and small business as well. So it's like building a world that 24/24 under surveillance which means more security but in the same time less privacy.
We need to get used to living in a more open world where information is easily accessible. I think law-abiding people have nothing to fear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arvilaine

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Scouting for Innovative ideas.

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:23:48 AM

Is this technology supposed to be used everywhere? Like every single angle of our public places will be under surveillance by this stuff?

As what I read and according to their video presentation, it's not all about the surveillance camera but how the platform will detect or recognize a face. For example, it can be used when you are watching TV and you don't recognize the people that they are showing, the platform will make a profile of them for you.

JuggSlash

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:47:47 AM

Is this technology supposed to be used everywhere? Like every single angle of our public places will be under surveillance by this stuff?

As what I read and according to their video presentation, it's not all about the surveillance camera but how the platform will detect or recognize a face. For example, it can be used when you are watching TV and you don't recognize the people that they are showing, the platform will make a profile of them for you.

You get it wrong. It is just like a basic cctv with a facial recognition inside of it and you can also manage the cctv to know which people are recognized.
micz_bjukanon

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:02:34 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 02:19:12 PM by micz_bjukanon

I believe online access has alot of benefits but what if there are unforeseen instances like power interuption, how can this kinds of issues going to be addressed by faceter?

Most modern surveillance systems have UPS in case of power interruption, so no problem.
devilzero

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
Merited by coin2.0 (4)

You get it wrong. It is just like a basic cctv with a facial recognition inside of it and you can also manage the cctv to know which people are recognized.
Everyone still has this unnecessary worry, after all, they don't like to be monitored and stored their data.

coinbitcoin91

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

I see that there is a purchase of tokens for a minimum amount of 0.436 ETH, Tell me, can I still get your tokens for free? Do you have the company of generosity?
There were never tokens for free, only a token bonus when you bought. Currently there is a 20% bonus.
Very sorry. Too great is the amount of investment for me, even with a 20% discount. It is unfortunate that the developers do not make the company generous to users.
Junralz

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:20:32 PM

It seems this project will grow in future become very popular for it's nice platform it is nice to follow this project for more updates.
You're right buddy,  I appreciate their one of the features that by having facial detection technology to know that particular person in front of the camera. I hope that the team may continue for the up coming development of this project.

I hope they can keep their hard working for make this project will growth as we want. Facial detection technology is needed for security and management we can prevent some dangerous case at our officer with this.

I am thinking if the people from the company knows there is a surveillance like this. The could hide go to a blind spot? I think its good if the faceter will be secretly or anonymously installed in the establishments?
It is better that it will be seen so that people that has a bad intentions and trying to do some criminal activities will somehow rethink of their actions. Preventing them from doing some bad acts due to the surveillance cameras that is openly seen by the puplic.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
frenkelebre

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:25:49 PM

The video presentation doesn't present all the necessary information for this project. You better read the whitepaper if you are really interested in this project. From the title of this thread, " FACETER –computer vision surveillance technology", it suggests that it is really for the CCTV cameras. And when you read the whitepaper, it is really for the CCTV cameras.
melch100

Activity: 294

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

Nice, I didn't think that we can also use this platform for that? Good idea, anyway, I am also curious how the dev can make the project feature of face detector to detect the specific faces.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
rabotacoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:46:27 PM

Nice, I didn't think that we can also use this platform for that? Good idea, anyway, I am also curious how the dev can make the project feature of face detector to detect the specific faces.
I'm sure this will be an interesting project, which is already waiting for a lot of people. I'm interested in its development, because I'm interested in seeing this project in real work.
chilltec

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:51:50 PM

do you have a referral bonus programm for invite new users (REFERRAL LINK URL)?

We will publish this functionality in a couple of days

already published?
Superturacoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:55:59 PM

Technology nowadays will make the impossible to possible so what you are asking about how the dev developed this kind of features is really possible. Lets just wait when it is fully function  because I think for now they continue to developed the platform.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
micz_bjukanon

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

It will be possible. Video can be uploaded to system and it will work. But I think it will be used mostly to learn Faceter system from archive videos that owner already have. But why not. It can learn from TV too. It will be real smart then ; )
micz_bjukanon

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:16:13 PM

I see that there is a purchase of tokens for a minimum amount of 0.436 ETH, Tell me, can I still get your tokens for free? Do you have the company of generosity?
There were never tokens for free, only a token bonus when you bought. Currently there is a 20% bonus.
Very sorry. Too great is the amount of investment for me, even with a 20% discount. It is unfortunate that the developers do not make the company generous to users.

It is not a discount it is a bonus, read with understanding.
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:18:19 PM

I see, so faceter will not have a feature that can search the identity of detected faces? As I read some posts here they thought faceter can do this. But, I am still hoping that this project can do this feature.

micz_bjukanon

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:23:54 PM

I see, so faceter will not have a feature that can search the identity of detected faces? As I read some posts here they thought faceter can do this. But, I am still hoping that this project can do this feature.

"Search the identity of detected faces" It is in plans for 2019, if they will get the right amount of funds, everything is written in whitepaper on page 40.
tophe15

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:38:56 PM

It's more like for personal and security matter not that it can identify faces on televisions. Faceter if supported and implemented successfully can really improve CCTV's and might actually decrease the chance of inside job stealing which is seen and observed in other companies.
philong96

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

Damn still 20%bonus offered? I guess bonus lost its meaning in this ico.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:02:17 PM

Faceter really have alot of functionalities that will help curb out some CCTV and other public places camera issues am sure its just a matter of how well dev works and updates this

Mikwik

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:21:45 PM

I believe online access has alot of benefits but what if there are unforeseen instances like power interuption, how can this kinds of issues going to be addressed by faceter?

Most modern surveillance systems have UPS in case of power interruption, so no problem.
There will be inbuilt battery back up and there will be a notification setup alerts which will even do alert you according to the mechanisms of the timeline to make the user interference comfortable with out facing such issues faceter took all the challenges with validations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: