Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how can ico be so crowded?  (Read 114 times)
bitzzz (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:24:58 PM

I just attended the ico of scry on leek platform. It is incredibly crowded. Long before the start one hour ago, it is so hard to get into the website. When it is approaching, it is even harder. Average it takes 5 minutes to get a new webpage. The ico progress is like rockets. In one minute it goes from 10 percent to 60 percent. Now it is over. Less than 10 minutes. As to me, I almost lost it and wasted waiting for one night. Only gods know how much I put efforts. I used vpn from all over the world countries. German, England, India, Japan, Canada....... In just 10 minutes. It is a incredible night.  Cry Cry Cry Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:09:30 PM

I just attended the ico of scry on leek platform. It is incredibly crowded. Long before the start one hour ago, it is so hard to get into the website. When it is approaching, it is even harder. Average it takes 5 minutes to get a new webpage. The ico progress is like rockets. In one minute it goes from 10 percent to 60 percent. Now it is over. Less than 10 minutes. As to me, I almost lost it and wasted waiting for one night. Only gods know how much I put efforts. I used vpn from all over the world countries. German, England, India, Japan, Canada....... In just 10 minutes. It is a incredible night.  Cry Cry Cry Cry
Scry must have done a great job marketing their ICO and getting great hype around it. That way once their token was available to buy everyone wanted it, just like you!

Matroshka

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:23:45 AM

That a great work of their marketers. Nice new for bounty hunters why has participate in this project.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:53:43 AM

I really don't know that platform you're referring to; but some ICOs are just so crowded due to the people thinking ICOs are pretty much easy money, which is true on some cases if a certain project has enough hype and good enough marketing around it. Projects or platforms doesn't even need good tech, just good publicity. I'm looking at you, XVG.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 05:59:44 AM

Sounds scary.

The hype around ICOs is entertaining. Most of it is driven by an irrational desire to get rich quick. Some of it (and you really have to search) is driven by a rational intrigue about the business solution the token sets to solve. It's the latter that should involve your time. The former is rubbish.

You always need to read the whitepaper and understand what the token tries to achieve and if the have a real chance to start building their program in the real world. The ICO is step one (and an insignificant one), although most people believe that the ICO is the most important part of the investment.

Scry proclaims to be the first token to allow data to be exchanged across the blockchain. Technically this is not true. But they're also marketing their token to be used for any data type. This is new, I suppose, although I don't know about every token in existence. Exchanging information across the blockchain is the purpose of blockchain technology. So Scry isn't offering anything novel. The real question is what kind of deals can they strike early on to generate demand for their coin?

Here's the link to their website: https://home.scry.info/

What are these guys doing that's different from anyone else?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: