Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When to consider buying a coin ?  (Read 110 times)
coasterridex (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:07:16 PM

Hello guys ! Still a newbie in this community and seeking for your opinion and advices. Every suggestions will be accepted. Criticising my work is a good way also to help me understand/learn more.

So, I was just wondering how could i consider/know when to buy a coin if i want to since i am also planning to invest some money on ETH. I understand the fact that we buy if the price is low or if you can see that you can gain profit from it but what  i mean is that how could i know that the price is already low or it's enough for me to gain profit. I have been visiting some site daily to check every coins price but i dont know if the price is fair enough for me.

Did i make any sense ? Hope you guys understand what i mean.

Thanks a lot !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

Hello guys ! Still a newbie in this community and seeking for your opinion and advices. Every suggestions will be accepted. Criticising my work is a good way also to help me understand/learn more.

So, I was just wondering how could i consider/know when to buy a coin if i want to since i am also planning to invest some money on ETH. I understand the fact that we buy if the price is low or if you can see that you can gain profit from it but what  i mean is that how could i know that the price is already low or it's enough for me to gain profit. I have been visiting some site daily to check every coins price but i dont know if the price is fair enough for me.

Thanks a lot !

If you're in for a long term hold then it doesn't really matter, buy it, put it into paper wallet and lock it in your safe for few years. If you're after short term gains then it's up to you, study the market and make your own conclusions.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:33:48 PM

So, I was just wondering how could i consider/know when to buy a coin if i want to since i am also planning to invest some money on ETH. I understand the fact that we buy if the price is low or if you can see that you can gain profit from it but what  i mean is that how could i know that the price is already low or it's enough for me to gain profit. I have been visiting some site daily to check every coins price but i dont know if the price is fair enough for me.

Thanks a lot !
Look at the charts. If you see it going down recently, then you will know that the price is low and is a good entry point in ETH. Do not buy when you see that it has gained some value because it might cause you losses in the long run. If you are in for a long term hodl though, do not look at prices since current price would not matter anymore in the future because it might have reached unimaginable heights.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 11:25:18 PM

Yep, as mentioned you have to look at the charts of the asset that you are interested in.  It helps to learn the fundamentals of technical analysis which _may_ help you locate a short term or mid term bottom.

You will need to know trend lines, support and resistance levels, stochastics, trends, channels. There are a lot of YT videos on basic TA.

Once you are familiar with the basics, you'll probably want to learn what Fibonacci and Bollinger bands are.

GL
SWONG

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:32:33 AM

Recently price fall is an good chance for buy coin. Now a little rise up,
But if you find good value coin, you can choose anytime buy it, because now it is earlier for develope of Blockchain.
I think as early as can will be easy, or the price will more and more high cost to buy!
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:13:13 AM

Thanks a lot !

You can buy gradually by dollar cost averaging dollar then you would not need to find the low price. Just buy on a schedule like once a month. Then hold for a few years and you should see a profit. You can also buy at what you think is a low point. You will need to hold long enough to achieve the profit you are looking for.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:07:58 AM

Yeah, that feeling of not knowing if the price is low or not is....uh...kind of the point. If you knew that the price was at the bottom, this investing thing would be easy and everyone would be rich! The world doesn't work that way. And predicting the price of Bitcoin or other crypto currency is very difficult, it's impossible really.

The best thing is to decide if you believe in the future growth/value of the coin then you should buy some, today. That's your starting point, your cost basis. If the price goes down but you still believe in the future growth/value, buy some more. And you're on your way.

That's it, man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: