Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minergate experience (Scam or not?)  (Read 203 times)
perserker (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:35:00 PM

Hi, i want to find out if there are more people out there with bad experiences with Minergate.

My Bytecoins and Moneros where withdrawn without permission. I wrote the support and they replied:

----
Esther Yusefovsky (Minergate.com)
Jan 8, 02:09 CET

Dear Client,

Thank you for the provided information. We have investigated the problem. There was a withdrawal made from your account, you can check it on your Dashboard as well. According to the activity history, it seems that your account was compromised.
Although as the person who took your money had withdrawn it to an external wallet, unfortunately, there is no way for us to retrieve the crypto coins. IP address is quite useless to investigate, as it is unique on the system, the hacker's changing it.

Please be very attentive to the security of your account, as you would to the security of your bank account. Never use the same password that you have already used for any other service and do not click on 'Change password' links that may arrive to your mail if you haven't asked for a password reset. Also please avoid installing the applications on computers which you cannot control, as your account may become a subject to malicious activity in such case.

We also strongly recommend to enable 2-step verification for your account, you can do it in your Dashboard> Profile. Here is a tutorial that might help you if you experience any difficulties https://minergate.com/blog/secure-your-coins/

Another option is email confirmation for the withdrawals. Each time a transfer or withdrawal attempt is made, you will need to confirm it via email. It can also be enabled in your profile on the website.

We are very sorry that this happened to you on our pool. We stand against scammers and hackers and manage MinerGate as a platform where anybody can make profit with their hardware, not scammy activity.

Best regards,
MinerGate support team
----

The "funny" thing is… guessing my PW is nearly impossible because i NEVER use the same PW on different services… So how can this happen? So i think that somebody inside Minergate or Minergate itself stole my Coins.

Let me know if there are others with the same story

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:59:51 PM

Hi, i want to find out if there are more people out there with bad experiences with Minergate.

My Bytecoins and Moneros where withdrawn without permission. I wrote the support and they replied:

----

Dear Client,

Thank you for the provided information. We have investigated the problem. There was a withdrawal made from your account, you can check it on your Dashboard as well. According to the activity history, it seems that your account was compromised.
Although as the person who took your money had withdrawn it to an external wallet, unfortunately, there is no way for us to retrieve the crypto coins. IP address is quite useless to investigate, as it is unique on the system, the hacker's changing it.

Please be very attentive to the security of your account, as you would to the security of your bank account. Never use the same password that you have already used for any other service and do not click on 'Change password' links that may arrive to your mail if you haven't asked for a password reset. Also please avoid installing the applications on computers which you cannot control, as your account may become a subject to malicious activity in such case.

We also strongly recommend to enable 2-step verification for your account, you can do it in your Dashboard> Profile. Here is a tutorial that might help you if you experience any difficulties https://minergate.com/blog/secure-your-coins/

Another option is email confirmation for the withdrawals. Each time a transfer or withdrawal attempt is made, you will need to confirm it via email. It can also be enabled in your profile on the website.

We are very sorry that this happened to you on our pool. We stand against scammers and hackers and manage MinerGate as a platform where anybody can make profit with their hardware, not scammy activity.

Best regards,
MinerGate support team
----

The "funny" thing is… guessing my PW is nearly impossible because i NEVER use the same PW on different services… So how can this happen? So i think that somebody inside Minergate or Minergate itself stole my Coins.

I heard a lot about them stealing hashes from users.

Mostly noobs or some testers use that service because it is easy to download and run almost instantly.

But this is a different one, probably they may have someone inside doing this for selective users and having fun Cheesy

With all these experiences and stories, I would suggest all the new comers stay away from these blood sucking parasites. Good Luck.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:10:07 PM

----

Dear Client,

Best regards,
MinerGate support team
----

I heard a lot about them stealing hashes from users.

Mostly noobs or some testers use that service because it is easy to download and run almost instantly.

But this is a different one, probably they may have someone inside doing this for selective users and having fun Cheesy

With all these experiences and stories, I would suggest all the new comers stay away from these blood sucking parasites. Good Luck.

You've picked the perfect words for describing them! Real parasites!

I would say to everyone STAY AWAY from this scam !!!
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

its not scam he paid, but he want much more for their service.
GUI version working with glitches, dont advice use it. Better stay offline your farm for 2 - 3 while you learn about mining soft and process

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: