Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:56:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some practical advice on entering ICO's, please help?  (Read 128 times)
lecomputer (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

Hi

I am looking into a few ICOs that are currently running or coming soon. Tradove, BABB, Current, Credits and Ochain.

I am just a little confused about a few things, and none of them make it super clear what to do. The telegram groups are just constant silly messages! So I thought you guys might be able to help.

Once I’m whitelisted, then when the sale starts I just send ETH, or sometimes BTC to the address they provide, and then wait?

People have talked about getting a screenshot of proof of payment just in case, can you explain what this would be if sending ETH or BTC?

I use my ledger nano s hardware wallet, but the BTC address changes every time for anonymity, is this a problem if I send to an ICO using this address? If so what is an alternative?

Should I use MEW to send ETH using my ledger nano s, and how much GAS should you use?

Sorry for the nooby questions, Ive read their pinned telegram messages over and over and asked questions, but its so unclear

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinMint.US

Activity: 284
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:09:28 AM

Hi

I am looking into a few ICOs that are currently running or coming soon. Tradove, BABB, Current, Credits and Ochain.

I am just a little confused about a few things, and none of them make it super clear what to do. The telegram groups are just constant silly messages! So I thought you guys might be able to help.

Once I’m whitelisted, then when the sale starts I just send ETH, or sometimes BTC to the address they provide, and then wait?

People have talked about getting a screenshot of proof of payment just in case, can you explain what this would be if sending ETH or BTC?

I use my ledger nano s hardware wallet, but the BTC address changes every time for anonymity, is this a problem if I send to an ICO using this address? If so what is an alternative?

Should I use MEW to send ETH using my ledger nano s, and how much GAS should you use?

Sorry for the nooby questions, Ive read their pinned telegram messages over and over and asked questions, but its so unclear

First u need whitelist
After u need KYC

If everything processed u need to wait crownsale and send eth or other crypto to contract address
NO dont use ledger becose u will be contribute for same ETH address .
Better use wallet which ICO devs recommend

Yes use MEW or Metamask
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:19:23 AM

Yep , you can take a picture for "Just in case" , but if you sent from a wallet you have in full controle ,"privatekey" you can always sign a message , also be aware that some ico's recomment not to sent from an exchange

For gas , I use always 50 gwei  and 250000 gas or People from ico must say something else , then use their advise
lecomputer (OP)

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:34:04 AM

Thanks, yes the ICO was very unclear on what to do exactly.

I used MEW and it had a deafult of 21000 for the Gas limit. I just did that, I was only sending a small amount.

It's a bit confusing when i start reading about gas limits! I didnt know about any of this being new to it all

Thanks
iagyei259

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:12:50 PM

You just need to send Ether from the wallet you control  the private  key.  My ether wallet to be precise is recommended  than exchange Wallet. Most times, the tokens will be sent to the address the Ether came from.
jcktrow

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:09 PM

Who can say anything bout a Bulgarian project MiningNow? (https://miningnow.online/). Have heard bout em they`re workin w/ big business. Seems that small investors can also participate in their ICO
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

Yep , you can take a picture for "Just in case" , but if you sent from a wallet you have in full controle ,"privatekey" you can always sign a message , also be aware that some ico's recomment not to sent from an exchange

For gas , I use always 50 gwei  and 250000 gas or People from ico must say something else , then use their advise

Is the advantage of using me means they get your eth before others I suppose? Is this what they refer to as gas wars? Any more info on this would be great.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:47:25 PM

Babb, current and streamity are good icos, and yes you need to send eth from your ether wallet that you hold the private keys, then you will receive the eth based tokens directly in that wallet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: