Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The BEST Coins for 2018! My portfolio and MY INVESTMENT STRATEGIES  (Read 1092 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:00:33 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 10:51:52 PM by TimtheYoutuber

My YouTube video that explains it : 2018 COIN PORTFOLIO and.... TRADING STRATEGIES

My Portfolio

42% ETH
24% OMG
10% DCR
10% WAX
12% DSH
1% XMR
1% Bitcoin

Below I will list links to my Medium articles which will explain everything you need to know about them:

Understanding Ethereum
Everything you need to know about OmiseGo
What is the Cryptocurrency Decred?
Wax cryptocurrency
The hype around the cryptocurrency Dash!
What is the cryptocurrency Monero?

Intro to trading
Making money is relative, if you have a million dollars but invested $999,999 it seems less impressive than if you started with $1k or even $500k. You should be more focused on percentage gains, 10%, 20% etc. You can make a ton of money and people have made millions, but lets bring it into reality. In order for you to make money someone needs to lose out. Someone has to sell the coin for less, or buy it more expensive than you did in order for you to actually make money. So there are losers and winners in the market, not everyone is going to win the same and not everyone will lose the same. Thats life.

The best thing you can do is spend time to actually research the market and study the different coins which can be very time consuming. If you dont have time and want to make money, you should be investing traditionally where it is regulated and you can get a financial advisor. If you have time, you can research and it could POSSIBLY be worth your time.
Yes investing in random coins can make you money, but not intelligently. It is possible to make money and have random gains however over the long term you wont keep making money. Coins and ICO’s are moving into new directions and it will become harder to find the best ones that will have long term gains.

Trading strategies

“Hodl” is not a good strategy, because it assumes you have invested in a long term coin. When investing you should be evaluating the market often, and reading market and specific market news. If you just “hodl” blind it won't be very effective. If you are not going to research you should get a financial advisor.

Free roll method - If you don't like risk, you should try and attempt this method. You should never invest what you can't afford to lose, but if you get some money for your birthday and decide to invest this might be the best option. The free roll method is when you invest $1,000 and then when it goes to $1500 or $2000 typically you will withdraw your original $1000 and Free roll your investment. Now you can sweat the market without having any of your actual money into it. Now of course your investment is not guaranteed to go up, so it is assumed you actually do research and find coins that have a good chance in increasing. This method can also be used in riskier coins, that you got lucky on that actually made money.

Buying in at different times - This method is used when making an initial investment. You shouldn't be buying coins that are at a high or flying up 100%. You should be buying coins that are down and have a chance to reach the appropriate high. So for example if I want to buy X coin with $1000 and its down 10%, I will invest $500 today which leaves me with 500 left to invest. Then if it keeps going down, I can invest the other $500 or do 300 and then 200. If it goes up, my investment would have been better obviously if I had purchased it from the start. This is another conservative investing strategy.

Understanding risk management

Depends on your risk tolerance, but typically older people have less risk and younger people who don’t have a lot of bills will assume more.
If you have high risk, then you will still want to make less risky investments to save you. ( And vise versa )

Positivebetting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rahleurfan

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

Thanks for the excellent strategy, not often someone would like to conduct a thorough analysis in the world of crypto-currencies. I can add from myself that if there is not enough time, you can concentrate on infrastructure projects, some of them will die, but some will become unicorns. For example: EOS, Wanchain, Icon.
Setanta68

Activity: 93
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:10:31 PM

A good read bud with some solid advice. Thx for taking the time.
stretcharmstrong

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:16:45 PM

No WALTON?

Why bother having 1% in bitcoin?
Attilaloe

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:49:17 PM

I prefer to have a part of my portfolio in ICO's of blockchain/fintech projects. And around 5-10% in microcap coins - they have a potential to make x10-x100. This can be seen as a "shotgun" approach.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
krhnrhn

Activity: 462
Merit: 306

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:54:12 PM

you choose minimum risk bro Smiley your profit will be good and bring minimum stress for you..
nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:56:47 PM

My YouTube video that explains it : 2018 COIN PORTFOLIO and.... TRADING STRATEGIES

My Portfolio

42% ETH
24% OMG
10% DCR
10% WAX
12% DSH
1% XMR
1% Bitcoin

Below I will list links to my Medium articles which will explain everything you need to know about them:

Understanding Ethereum
Everything you need to know about OmiseGo
What is the Cryptocurrency Decred?
Wax cryptocurrency
The hype around the cryptocurrency Dash!
What is the cryptocurrency Monero?

Intro to trading
Making money is relative, if you have a million dollars but invested $999,999 it seems less impressive than if you started with $1k or even $500k. You should be more focused on percentage gains, 10%, 20% etc. You can make a ton of money and people have made millions, but lets bring it into reality. In order for you to make money someone needs to lose out. Someone has to sell the coin for less, or buy it more expensive than you did in order for you to actually make money. So there are losers and winners in the market, not everyone is going to win the same and not everyone will lose the same. Thats life.

The best thing you can do is spend time to actually research the market and study the different coins which can be very time consuming. If you dont have time and want to make money, you should be investing traditionally where it is regulated and you can get a financial advisor. If you have time, you can research and it could POSSIBLY be worth your time.
Yes investing in random coins can make you money, but not intelligently. It is possible to make money and have random gains however over the long term you wont keep making money. Coins and ICO’s are moving into new directions and it will become harder to find the best ones that will have long term gains.

Trading strategies

“Hodl” is not a good strategy, because it assumes you have invested in a long term coin. When investing you should be evaluating the market often, and reading market and specific market news. If you just “hodl” blind it won't be very effective. If you are not going to research you should get a financial advisor.

Free roll method - If you don't like risk, you should try and attempt this method. You should never invest what you can't afford to lose, but if you get some money for your birthday and decide to invest this might be the best option. The free roll method is when you invest $1,000 and then when it goes to $1500 or $2000 typically you will withdraw your original $1000 and Free roll your investment. Now you can sweat the market without having any of your actual money into it. Now of course your investment is not guaranteed to go up, so it is assumed you actually do research and find coins that have a good chance in increasing. This method can also be used in riskier coins, that you got lucky on that actually made money.

Buying in at different times - This method is used when making an initial investment. You shouldn't be buying coins that are at a high or flying up 100%. You should be buying coins that are down and have a chance to reach the appropriate high. So for example if I want to buy X coin with $1000 and its down 10%, I will invest $500 today which leaves me with 500 left to invest. Then if it keeps going down, I can invest the other $500 or do 300 and then 200. If it goes up, my investment would have been better obviously if I had purchased it from the start. This is another conservative investing strategy.

Understanding risk management

Depends on your risk tolerance, but typically older people have less risk and younger people who don’t have a lot of bills will assume more.
If you have high risk, then you will still want to make less risky investments to save you. ( And vise versa )

A good list, I agree with almost all coins, especially I like DCR think that this coin is very much underestimated
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:58:30 PM

Thanks for the excellent strategy, not often someone would like to conduct a thorough analysis in the world of crypto-currencies. I can add from myself that if there is not enough time, you can concentrate on infrastructure projects, some of them will die, but some will become unicorns. For example: EOS, Wanchain, Icon.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words Smiley

A good read bud with some solid advice. Thx for taking the time.

No problem I am glad you enjoyed it.

No WALTON?

Why bother having 1% in bitcoin?

It is more of a novelty of being able to say I own bitcoin. However if you are making a connection that 1% wont be a lot of money, its relevant.

I prefer to have a part of my portfolio in ICO's of blockchain/fintech projects. And around 5-10% in microcap coins - they have a potential to make x10-x100. This can be seen as a "shotgun" approach.

I have not been a huge ICO investor, however I have bought into a few that didnt make the list because I either sold them on an exchange or they aren't even 1%. I also make some investments in projects and things like that around cryptocurrency. Not just coins. Yeah I mean that certainly plays into the risk management, if they are going to 10-100x then that is rare and shouldnt consume a large % of your portfolio unless you just want to gamble.

you choose minimum risk bro Smiley your profit will be good and bring minimum stress for you..

I have been invested in cryptocurrency since 2011.... so I got bitcoin very cheap, and have gotten into the other currencies early. Not saying I have a ton of money, but yes I realize the market caps are high now but when I invested they weren't. So I am perfectly fine ridding them out and they still have a lot of room to grow since they cryptocurrency is undervalued. I wouldnt say "minimum stress" because cryptocurrency is very risky, regardless of if you buy bitcoin or Ethereum.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 11:48:03 PM

A good list, I agree with almost all coins, especially I like DCR think that this coin is very much underestimated

Which coins would you disagree with? Yes I am very happy that I found out about Decred Smiley

Positivebetting
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:21:27 AM

for myself in the year 2018 I focus on investing in Ethereum alone because I really like this coin.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 02:42:08 AM

for myself in the year 2018 I focus on investing in Ethereum alone because I really like this coin.

Yeah for sure, and if you can find the best Ethereum project ( which I would say is OMG ) then you can make a nice profit Smiley

Positivebetting
Neil_Nie

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:49:50 AM

My Portfolio

70% DCR
25% BTC
5% SMART

I like DCR think that this coin is very much underestimated
ridgeview123

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:10:37 AM

A good long list worth to go through. Obviously you did some homework on the coins. Thanks for sharing!
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:14:15 AM

A good long list worth to go through. Obviously you did some homework on the coins. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks I appreciate it Smiley

Positivebetting
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:22:47 AM

Thanks a lot for these many tips you are sharing here. I think newbies in trading should be listening to you so they can avoid the many pitfalls and traps that are just laying around. I am not really a good trader myself that is why I love reading ideas and tips coming from someone who is already into this whole thing. As to the idea of HODLING it is for the long-term...like buying it now and just forgetting about it for some months when the value has already risen enough. The 'hodl' strategy can only work if the coin or token is really a good project so we have to avoid those 'shitcoins' around as many of them don't really have a future and just made for the pump-and-dump segment of the cryptocurrency market.
kaysersoze

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:25:04 AM

You forgot to add plenty of coins in there, first of all, where is Horse in there? You can easily make a x10 just if you buy that coin.

It is below $0,20 cents right now, and it is being traded on IDEX, i have already made a x5 since it got listed.

thaovtt210

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:30:16 AM

niccee, thank you for incentive strage
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:49:11 AM

Thanks for  this wonderful video, it really help a lot for a new trader like me. In my opinion the top 10 or top 20 ranking on cryptocurrency market are also like a blue chip investment in stock market like they are now in a slow gain but stable for a long term investment unlike other coin are also like a penny chip where it has a higher gain but for a short term investments like pump and dump.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:27:22 AM

Thanks a lot for these many tips you are sharing here. I think newbies in trading should be listening to you so they can avoid the many pitfalls and traps that are just laying around. I am not really a good trader myself that is why I love reading ideas and tips coming from someone who is already into this whole thing. As to the idea of HODLING it is for the long-term...like buying it now and just forgetting about it for some months when the value has already risen enough. The 'hodl' strategy can only work if the coin or token is really a good project so we have to avoid those 'shitcoins' around as many of them don't really have a future and just made for the pump-and-dump segment of the cryptocurrency market.

I appreciate the comment Smiley Yeah I mean the strategy can work and people can get lucky. The only issue is that most coins suck, and so if you give someone the advice of generally to hold. They generally will be holding shit coins you know? It is okay to hold, but you shouldn't hold for the sake of holding.

You forgot to add plenty of coins in there, first of all, where is Horse in there? You can easily make a x10 just if you buy that coin.

It is below $0,20 cents right now, and it is being traded on IDEX, i have already made a x5 since it got listed.

These are the type of things I am trying to avoid and have others avoid. Not that the coins are bad, I dont know them. However "easily 10x". Go get a loan from an institutional investor and become a millionaire if it is easily 10x.

niccee, thank you for incentive strage

You welcome Smiley

Thanks for  this wonderful video, it really help a lot for a new trader like me. In my opinion the top 10 or top 20 ranking on cryptocurrency market are also like a blue chip investment in stock market like they are now in a slow gain but stable for a long term investment unlike other coin are also like a penny chip where it has a higher gain but for a short term investments like pump and dump.

You are welcome Smiley Yeah they are "sort" of like them, however like I noted in the video any cryptocurrency is still very risky.

Positivebetting
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:08:52 AM

A fantastic strategy. I like to do the same, and I support you 100%.

Building a strong portfolio (a good portfolio will steadily increase in value over time, no matter what happens to the individual tokens/coins inside it), deciding on what to trade, what to hold short, what mid and what long term and rolling off your investments is really a way to go.

Timing the market is the hardest thing for trading and short term holding but if you simply follow the general rule you described about when to buy and when not - it should be more or less fine.

One should also have a good tracking system - like keeping everything noted in an app like Blockfolio.
And I also suggest keeping an eye on airdrops. There were a lot of rubbish ones lately, but you can indeed earn a lot by investing nothing except a little time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: