Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:20:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: automation of setting up ur miners?  (Read 412 times)
does (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 117
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:30:06 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:17:14 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (5)

hey there.

UPDATE: first script here.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2788273.msg28619062#msg28619062

i was wondering if their is any automation tools (perhaps in github?) such a batch file or anything else that will allow u to easy setup ur miners,
such pools, changing password (ssh and web), hostname , static ip and so on.

setting up 1 or 2 its ok doing so by the web, but when u got 10,20,30,40 or 100 doing them one by one can be very tiring.

so far, i have track down the files where the web app hold the info.

/config/bmminer.conf holds inside , pool info,frequency,fan speed (need to change permission to write.)

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "solo.antpool.com:3333",
"user" : "test.1",
"pass" : "123"
},
{
"url" : "stratum.antpool.com:443",
"user" : "test.1",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://cn.ss.btc.com:3333",
"user" : "test",
}
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",
"bitmain-use-vil" : true,
"bitmain-freq" : "550",
"bitmain-voltage" : "0706",
"multi-version" : "1"
}

/config/network.conf holds , hostname,dhcp/static ip (need to change permission to write.)
incase of dhcp

Code:
hostname=miner1
dhcp=true

or static

Code:
hostname=miner1
ipaddress=10.0.0.1
netmask=255.255.255.0
gateway=10.0.0.200
dnsservers="8.8.8.8"

and for the web password is abit tricky
its inside
/config/lighttpd-htdigest.user

Code:
root:antMiner Configuration:23c2a2d78c0d20ec069097d7d20c4392

the hash "23c2a2d78c0d20ec069097d7d20c4392" is basicly an md5 of "root:antMiner Configuration:root" (with out quote) the :root in  the end is the web password, meaning if u will want to change to 123456 for example the hash would be
"b25ccbf855f9ad50ec0d5fc4cfc88a72" so "root:antMiner Configuration:b25ccbf855f9ad50ec0d5fc4cfc88a72"

in other words the md5 is a sum of "root:antMiner Configuration:PASSWORD"

now that i share all of that , i would like to work with some one with linux experience to create a batch file which will help other to easy setup their miners.

my first idea was to run the batch file from the miner via ssh,
and have couple of options such as.

1,change ur pool
2,set ip and hostname
3,change web password
4,change ssh password

each option will have couple of options
in option 1 we will have most famous pools register so ppl will be able to press 1,2,3,4,5,6... to select which pool they want by pressing one button.
options will be like so

1,stratum.antpool.com:3333
2, stratum.slushpool.com:3333
3,eu.stratum.slushpool.com:3333
4,stratum.f2pool.com:3333
5,stratum.viabtc.com:3333

and so on.

number "x", will be costume and the person will be able to type his own pool if not register.

and then
the worker name.
when writing it onec it will remmber for the next 2 pools (pool 2,3)

the following will be repeating 3 times for each pool (pool 1,2,3)

on the worker name in pool 2,3 the user will have an option to or use the worker name he has put in pool 1 or be able to set a new name.

in option 2 the user will be able to select which static ip he wants and change the hostname. (well its self explanatory)
3,4 self explanatory.

in the end of options 1,2,3,4 the user will have the ability to save the settings he has enter.
so he will be able to quickly load them for other miners, but when loading the settings the user will need to change the ip ,hostname,workername. the option that will pup up when loading the settings will be
set primary number , for example 10
automaticly all the settings will be ready
1, hostanme "miner10"
2, ip (perhaps only the end of the numbers for ex 10.0.0.x) "10.0.0.10"
3, workername "test.10"

this is how i see it to make it easier for every one who want to setup a small miner farm.

perhaps all of this exist and i dont know. ( i would like to hear of such of thing)

tell me guys what u think about the idea, and if any one want to help me create this for the community .

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:06:02 PM

If you dont need to static the miners the antpool rollout tool will do pretty much everything you need.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
does (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:48:51 PM

If you dont need to static the miners the antpool rollout tool will do pretty much everything you need.

what do u mean?

what is the rollout tool that u are talking about?

actualy static the miners are important to know where is which and every miner on the shelf.

for instance if miner 1 cause some issue , u will know its miner 1 and not miner 2 on the shelf.
DelTorro

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:13:10 PM

We use AwesomeMiner. It's done everything we could have possibly hoped for regarding automation. Very happy with it!  Grin
does (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:38:42 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:18:25 AM by frodocooper

We use AwesomeMiner. It's done everything we could have possibly hoped for regarding automation. Very happy with it!  Grin

i heard good things of it.
but its free up to 2 miners.

not looking to pay hundred of dollars to setup when it can done freely.
DelTorro

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:14:55 AM

Fair enough, but it's a one time license. Seems worth IMO. Pays for itself in a day if you've got a medium to large sized operation. Plus, the automation and features you get with it are incredibly worth it.  Grin
does (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:26:29 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:19:03 AM by frodocooper
Merited by mikeywith (1)

so here is my first script. explanation below

https://pastebin.com/SeMJwsRP

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2799605.msg

cp /config/bmminer.conf /config/bmminer.conf.backup
cp /config/network.conf /config/network.conf.backup

rm /config/bmminer.conf
rm /config/network.conf

touch /config/bmminer.conf
touch /config/network.conf

echo "{"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"pools\" : ["                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "{"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"url\" : \"stratum.antpool.com:3333\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"user\" : \"test.$1\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"pass\" : \"123\""                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "},"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"url\" : \"stratum.antpool.com:3333\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"user\" : \"test.$2\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"pass\" : \"123\""                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "},"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"user\" : \"test.$3\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "}"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "]"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo ","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"api-listen\" : "true","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"api-network\" : "true","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"api-groups\" : \"A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"api-allow\" : \"A:0/0,W:*\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"bitmain-use-vil\" : "true","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"bitmain-freq\" : \"550\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"bitmain-voltage\" : \"0706\","                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "\"multi-version\" : \"1\""                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf
echo "}"                                                            >> /config/bmminer.conf

chmod 400 /config/bmminer.conf

echo "hostname=miner$4"                    >>  /config/network.conf
echo "ipaddress=10.0.0.$5"                  >> /config/network.conf
echo "netmask=255.255.255.0"                              >> /config/network.conf
echo "gateway=10.0.0.138"                              >> /config/network.conf
echo "dnsservers=\"8.8.8.8"\"    >> /config/network.conf

chmod 400 /config/network.conf

#/etc/init.d/bmminer.sh restart >/dev/null 2>&1
#/etc/init.d/network.sh
#/etc/init.d/avahi restart > /dev/null
#echo "root:antMiner Configuration:23c2a2d78c0d20ec069097d7d20c4392" >> /config/lighttpd-htdigest.user

create a file bash file and put the script inside.

give it root permission to edit the files. with chmod 7777 filename.sh and chmod -x filename.sh

u will need to do some manual modification at start.
u should manual change everything that static that should not change.
for example , pools,netmask,getway,dnsserver, the start of the miner name(hostname) and the start of the ip and the workername.

running the script will be

sh filename.sh 1 2 3 4 5

1, is the first worker name
2, is the second worker name
3, is the third worker name
4, hostname
5, ip address.

please notice that the workername will be only the end of it. which mean useraccount.workernamehere, in the script its test.$1 (test = useraccount $1=workername)
if u want to change the password just uncomment the last line and put ur password instead. u can use http://www.md5.cz/ to generate a hash "password" for u.
root:antMiner Configuration:passwordhere = dad8edbc0681a4c03057417c19239983 = root:antMiner Configuration:dad8edbc0681a4c03057417c19239983 < u put this in the script

for a real example that will be
sh script.sh m1 m1 m1 1 1
the result will be
first pool   second pool   third pool     hostname   IP
test.m1    test.m1         test.m1        miner1       10.0.0.1

if u need any help, or u want to report a bug please tell me.
or want to help to make it better welcome ur self to edit and share it
McMCrypto

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:04:00 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:19:22 AM by frodocooper

Hi, someone has a configuration tool for setting up large ASICs amount (like 50,100,500...) that work in Windows ?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 2907

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 11:08:22 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:19:48 AM by frodocooper

Hi, someone has a configuration tool for setting up large ASICs amount (like 50,100,500...) that work in Windows ?

If you are running miners more than 2 miners you can use the paid version of awesome miner this is the only software that I know for managing all miners. You can config all miners with this software through SSH command feature from their tools tab.

You can use their free version but limited to 2 miners good for testing. You can check their official thread here [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
McMCrypto

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:26:24 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:20:06 AM by frodocooper

Hi, i am not looking for a full complete management software like Awesome miner,   just a  "GUI version" for automation of setting up miners, anyway thanks for the advice !
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:51:57 PM

Hi, i am not looking for a full complete management software like Awesome miner,   just a  "GUI version" for automation of setting up miners, anyway thanks for the advice !

If its for bitmain miners, then you can use their tools: https://shop.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Antminer%20Toolkit

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pi0Miner

Activity: 8
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 11:30:22 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2019, 08:28:09 AM by Pi0Miner

I don't use the big miners and don't know enough about them since I use the USB sticks.  But if the big miners are Linux based on what you're describing, you can use Ansible for automation. Ansible is what Amazon uses to control their fleet of servers, or so a friend who work there tell me.

I use Ansible to completely configure and manage my of Raspberry Pi armada, including auto-downloading of BFGMiner, CGMiner, compile, setup, and configuration changes.  You can set Ansible scripts to auto-configure per host or group.  You can take a look at my example of an Ansible playbook to configure a special version of CGMiner here https://github.com/IRMooBear/ansible.cgminer .  It does something very similar to what your script does,  except once I set up SSH access to a host,  the playbook can be applied to an unlimited number of hosts or specific host from my comp.  If a configuration changes for a host or group, the playbook will also apply that to the remote configuration.  Basically, anything you can do with SSH, ansible can automate in a better way for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: