Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shopin - The universal shopper profile  (Read 2974 times)
robifuni

Activity: 203
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:49:46 PM

Learn how Shopin users are making the technology smarter and the recommendations more accurate simply by providing their feedback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbsMWC6tm-s

I will study and understand your project as well as I will see the progress of your project. thanks for the information.

INTERFINEX        Bill       ▬▬       DeFi | The future of decentralised finance
████████████████████   ▰ JOIN  NOW ▰  ████████████████████
[ SWAP TRADE ] ◼ fee of 0.1% ▐ [ LIQUIDITY POOL ]▐ ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uliss_and

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:56:06 PM

Is it really necessary to use blockchain and won't it just create more havoc for users? especially those who do not use blockchain or cryptocurrency?
shopinapp (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 01:16:36 AM

Will you have bounty program?
I would love to participate in translation bounty of Thai language for your project.

Great project btw.

Hi PDT,

We do not have a bounty program, but thank you for your interest.
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 01:23:20 AM

Is it really necessary to use blockchain and won't it just create more havoc for users? especially those who do not use blockchain or cryptocurrency?

Hi uliss,

We are on the blockchain because it's the only solution that offers a decentralized and secure data storage solution for users. Since Shopin is building the most valuable contextual understanding of user and purchase data, it cannot be stored using conventional methodologies that can be hacked or are vulnerable to malicious intent. The blockchain enables attestablity to the first-party data that is being leveraged in our product recommendation and advertising model. We believe in full transparency and the safety of your data.
name3186

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:20:24 AM

I also joined this unique project, and it is an honor for me to be a part of it.
hanof

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:42:25 PM

I Join! The project promises to be interesting and new! I wish that he would develop further!
loveychris17

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:00:22 PM

Its cool.
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:13:29 PM

Why can't I download the whitepaper without entering my email? Are you kidding me, guys?

Hi sneakycoin,

This is just for marketing purposes, we promise not to spam anyone. It's harmless Smiley
hooldus

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:52:13 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 07:34:06 AM by hooldus

Hello,
Why you think you can handle such a big project? and How?
Why you chose Ethereum platform if you need a lot transactions per second, and there's better platforms than Ethereum, such as NEO, Waves, QTUM .. ? How you choosed platform what did you look into?
How aware are you with technical limitations? How would you solve those?
Why you think it will succeed?
Why you think people need it and would adopt it?
What problem does it solves?
If you're launching your own blockchain, than how you're securing it, which consensus, and why you think it's best solution and why not to use some existing platform?

Thank you.

HighInvestor

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:59:43 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 05:05:10 PM by HighInvestor

Hello, I have researched the ICO a little bit and I am a potential investor, but before I make an investment since this is an ICO and blockchain technology is pretty speculative thus far (I hope that is understandable) I have some questions.

What is your vision for the platform and the company, if possible, then please be specific about it.

Questions that might help with that:

• In which countries do you plan to operate in?
  • How is the whole company system managed - from PR to technical team, blockchain development, security etc.?
  • How will the company look like in 1 year? In 3 years? In 5 years? In 10 years?
  • How big is the potential market for your product in the timelines mentioned above and how fast can your solution saturate it?
  • Are there any backup plans if the blockchain technology changes or is being replaced entirely (for example: quantum computers and decryption of the hashes danger the privacy of the consumer data, how do you make it quantum resistant or modernize technology when needed)
  • Why is Shopin going to make a breakthrough and what is it's edge compared to other companies?

Other questions:
  • Is there any proof of pilot programs carried out? If yes, can they be sourced?
  • Is the project open-sourced? If it is, can it be linked?
  • Why is one of the teammebers, Abhishek Yermalla's LinkedIn link broken?
  • Who is the star of your team, the one person that should carry your team the most and why?

This is all for now, if I have any more questions, then I will ask.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Extra questions:

What kind of technological solutions do you plan to use to get "million" or more transactions per second? How are they monetized and/or verified? How successful have they been? Are there any security concerns regarding the protol?

Also - is the token a security since it is sold in an ICO or does it not have a definition as of yet?
dvsrydin

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:59:17 PM

Just got my KYC invite, I heard about this project through a video / podcaster, can't remember who.

Anyway, interesting idea and would like to invest. But, the fact that on the 2nd page here, there are some great questions asked, and no answers given - I think I will be passing at this time.

Unless we see some replies from the team addressing the questions asked, it does not provide a level of comfort.

shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:18:31 PM

Just got my KYC invite, I heard about this project through a video / podcaster, can't remember who.

Anyway, interesting idea and would like to invest. But, the fact that on the 2nd page here, there are some great questions asked, and no answers given - I think I will be passing at this time.

Unless we see some replies from the team addressing the questions asked, it does not provide a level of comfort.

Hi dvsrydin,

We understand your concern. We’ve escalated both hoodlus’s and HighInvestor’s questions internally and will get back to them as soon as we can. Some of their questions require input from the Shopin executive team, who have been traveling internationally in recent weeks and have had limited time, but they’re working on it!
HighInvestor

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:42:20 PM

Hi

I came across your Token very recently and was captivated by the ideas behind your project. I was also very impressed with you and your team and admire the nobility of your vision. As a potential investor, I have some questions regarding your project that I would appreciate if you could find the time to respond them.

From what I gather from your whitepaper and some of your presentations, you propose more of a marketing solution than an e-commerce platform.
Shopin means for adding value is by the creation of a platform for sharing purchase history data among retailers and customer in a decentralized manner, and additionally enhancing the user experience on each of the retailer’s website by leveraging the stored data of said customers.
Looking at some recent trends in the e-commerce market share, one can notice that Amazon and Ebay seem to be increasing their dominance with time, this is especially true for Amazon. The two of them combine for about 50% of the market share for the year 2017.
This trend is likely to continue in my view. Retailers both onsite and online, are at a competitive disadvantage against Amazon in many factors, not just available data.
Amazon adds value to the customer from the bottom of the supply chain all the way to the delivery of the product. While enhancing the retailer’s ability to provide a better user experience would help, is not a silver bullet that would revert this trend.
Amazon has set the standard in many more ways than just the point of sale interaction with the customers. Can you see your project, stop or slowing the amazonization (I just invented that word) trend of e-commerce without affecting all the other functions of the e-commerce business?

From my personal experience and a sample test consisting of my GF, I feel skeptic about the proposition of trading away the benefits of a central marketplace with great diversity of sellers and products with very competitive pricing, excellent peer reviews, excellent customer service, excellent shipping delivery, very generous return policies, high qualities guarantees and the list goes on… for essentially having control of my purchase history and having better user experience on the website of lesser competitors to Amazon with no general standard for the quality of services. At best, the user experience in those websites will be as good as Amazon’s, while lacking the diversity from sellers, products and peer reviews offered by the latter that I would think that greatly enhance the user experience when purchasing products. I can see the use case for some shoppers like my rich and preppy cousin that will only buy stuff directly from the official designer because according to her it guarantees authenticity, but that is more of a niche than anything else.

Please note that I’m not trying to trash your business, as I said earlier I admire you and your team and wish you the best of lucks. My comments are more opinion than research since you are informed on the subject and I’m sure you are aware of what It means trying to disrupt e-commerce, I was hoping you could shed light into the potential that I might be missing out.

Moreover, note that my opinion comes from the perspective of a millennial who has grown to see Amazon as a one-stop shopping solution for 90% of its commercial life. I would be very hard-pressed to consider switching platforms and I don’t see the incentive as to why would I do it for something as what Shopin is suggesting. Also, in the case my beliefs are wrong and Shopin could threaten Amazon, what competitive advantage you have over Amazon that would not allow them to replicate your model if it succeeds. Amazon is known for doing that in the retail space, I cannot see why they would not use their practically infinite capital to build a similar solution that would include the holy grail of datasets, Amazon’s shopping cart history, given that blockchain is open source and I would presume that Amazon already has business relationships with most of the retailers you trying to onboard.

Having said all of the above, I can still see Shopin succeeding in their project by helping to level-out the playing-field in terms of user experience while at the same time the overarching trend in the industry not changing. Meaning that while the e-commerce industry keeps conceding ground to Amazon, Shopin can help ease the pain. That on it is own is probably worth investing, disrupting Amazon would be a very ambitious, perhaps unrealistic, goal and more of a lottery ticket I think.

I think that Amazon can be a part of the ecosystem rather than competition; e.g shopping information from Amazon is also carried out to eBay and vice versa, providing better customer experience and customization of the products. I am interested in official answer from Shopin on that, though.
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:48:19 PM

I think that Amazon can be a part of the ecosystem rather than competition; e.g shopping information from Amazon is also carried out to eBay and vice versa, providing better customer experience and customization of the products. I am interested in official answer from Shopin on that, though.

Thank you for your insights! Please reach out to Doron directly at doron@shopin.com.
democity

Activity: 303
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:47:06 AM

Thank you for your insights! Please reach out to Doron directly at doron@shopin.com.
The main role of Shopin in the late stage is to attract the popularity of their respective brands, or to re-create a platform to collect data for promotion.
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

Shopin placed top 5 in the Startup Pitch Competition at d10e in Seoul, South Korea! Watch CEO Eran Eyal's pitch at 1:27:00 here: https://www.facebook.com/d10e.events/videos/1019069168258629/
allwithpassion

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:10:53 PM

What is the uniqueness of your project?
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:59:17 PM

What is the uniqueness of your project?

We’re going to revolutionize the way you shop by   implementing a universal rewards system that pays you every time a retailer wants to use any of your data. Shopin is more than a platform that gives you a kickback in the form of coins when you make a purchase. You’re going to own and control access to your own information in respects to shopping
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:57:46 AM

unlike other ico, apart from the White Paper, there are another two key docs - PitchDeck & Token Dynamics.
What is the key difference between them?

The pitch deck is an overview of Shopin's value proposition and the problem it solves.

The Token Dynamics is how the Shopin token economy works.
shopinapp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:41:47 PM

Not sure about Shopin yet? We want to know what you think! Take a tour of our product and explore the project further in this review by Two Comma Fastlane: https://youtu.be/xi4r0zuBnGE
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: