Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we ever see 20k+ again?  (Read 1928 times)
racistyui

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:18:05 AM

Big dump and bigger pump is how Bitcoin works. 20k$ gonna be real again in next month i guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winyau8888

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

I am a baby to cryptocurrency~

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:21:42 AM

Of course. There is a must unless something big is happening. This is only a matter of time.
For 20K, it is only a very small amount when compare to the future price. That's what I am believing.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:25:51 AM

Wait so who cares about all that crap. So tether is investing in bitcoin with people's money? Lol that's priceless. What a sketchy crypto or company or whatever the hell they're supposed to be. Oh and 400MM in volume wouldn't really do all that much but whatever. They are free to believe whatever they want.
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:27:28 AM

(I'm all-in in Bitcoin for the record) I don't want to be a pessimist but I'm kinda going in to that direction.

We all know crypto bled quite bad the past week. Because of bunch of government issues, futures contacts, unconfirmed transactions and what not... We all also know that Bitcoin is neither the fastest nor the safest crpto currency out. The 3rd generation coins are way more in demand and people are in talks of the 4th generation. I'm wondering if BTC will ever see the light of day.

Tether deposited another 400 million USD to BTC, and it's said this is the reason BTC had an upward movement. However, my perspective is a bit blurred and I can't help myself but get more pessimistic about it.

When Bitcoin was around 18k, the only thing that was talked was whether it was the biggest bubble in history or not and (if it is) when it's going to burst. Now that it went up to 20k and went back down to 9k, it looks more of a bubble than not.

I'd like to hear what forum people say.

yes of course bitcoin will return to the price of more than $ 20k this year seems bitcoin price is expected to exceed the price of $ 50k so this is the right time to buy as much bitcoin as possible, take advantage of the price of bitcoin Still cheap, do not be afraid bitcoin is a digital currency and the future will be full of all digital technology so it will definitely trigger a bitcoin price increase.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:30:16 AM

I'll throw my opinion out there. Why not? I'm not a broker, nor some pipe smoking professor. I do smoke a pipe, but that's irrelevant Cheesy My advice is worth at least what you paid for it.

First, yes, Bitcoin will again see 20K. I'd say relatively soon.

I've watched, sometimes participated, in this magnificent experiment almost from the beginning. The blockchain technology is changing the way money works, whether the old school likes it or not. Unlike paper money, this is revolutionary, rather than merely inflationary. It takes money back to the gold standard without gold. Gold used to be the braking factor on what politicians and other scamming bastards could pull off. Now, it's looking like it will be Bitcoin and a few of its successors.  

As for the recent correction, if you've been involved as long as I have, you've seen this (literally) a hundred times. Exuberance, followed by a runup that's crazy, making a few people rich and a lot of people cry because they are too damn stupid to pay attention.

Bitcoin is new.

Yes, NEW. It's not quite ten years old. What we, in the generations now living, call 'old' money, is not particularly old. Fiat currencies have been around for a while, in various forms, but they are basically a 20th century phenomenon. There are examples that go back further, of course, but the general acceptance of unbacked paper dates to the middle of the 20th century.

Further, Fiat currency has an unparalleled record. Not ONCE has it failed to fail, and yes I am including the "almighty dollar" in that. The year before Bitcoin, it experienced BY THEIR ADMISSION an 85 percent inflation. Yeah, they called it an increase in the money supply, quantative easing, and all sorts of other bullshit, but inflation is simple. You add to the money supply.

Bitcoin is currently inflationary as well, but since it's modeled on gold mining, it's ultimately deflationary. Contrary to Keynes' very eloquent bullshit, a coin that constantly INCREASES in value vs goods is NOT a crisis nor a cause for concern. It promotes stability, thrift, and savings. Bitcoin ain't there yet, but it can be.

Certain developments that are clearly in the pipe militate towards a wild ride, followed by a degree of stability. One is the lightning network. When Bitcoin can be used for fractional payments at or above the speed of VISA, 'traditional' fiat is doomed. Because by its very nature, no government can control or manipulate the SUPPLY of Bitcoin, they must either accept it or go to war against it. It seems that most governments are being cautious (in itself somewhat miraculous) and looking at ways to incorporate it into the 'traditional' structure without too much disruption. That is a reasonable, but again doomed, approach.

Because this is disruptive. There is NO way to hide the movement of BTC. There is no way to manipulate its supply without destroying everything that makes it valuable, and given the huge network, probably no physical way of doing it anyway.

The rise in fees and congestion of the blockchain are serious issues, for different reasons. The rise in fees is a GOOD thing. Right in the beginning, in Satoshi's white paper, it was the DESIGN of bitcoin that it would continue to be mined long after the block reward was gone or minimal BECAUSE of transaction fees. Now, he didn't forsee (at least that we know) that it would become as centralized as it has. But it still holds. Gold is expensive, and transporting and guarding it is too. This makes Bitcoin a premier method of exchange!

But the network congestion, coming on top of the high fees, militates the other way. There are a number of proposed solutions, some better than others, but this is not as big a thing as it seems, right here, right now. Why? Because Bitcoin is moving more towards the role of a store of value and a coin for large transactions. This is good. However, this does present the myriad choices of alts. This too has been the same throughout history. One Ring To Rule Them All rolls off the tongue nicely, and has no utility.

In my opinion, as things stand, Bitcoin is likely to take on the storage role, and BCH the everyday transactional role. And I see Lightning Network as the bridge between the consumer, who isn't so paranoid about 'trustless' transactions to begin with, and the movement of bitcoin. VISA does not move that much money in a given moment, in reality. It RECORDS that much movement. Settlement is daily, weekly, sometimes even monthly. Lightning can, and will, settle more transactions, faster, than visa. That it is not AS trustless as bitcoin is NOT a major issue. What IS a major issue is that it will make it possible for Joe Public to stop off at Starbucks and buy an overpriced cup of coffee with his Lightning wallet FASTER than he could do it with his Visa card. The consumer public is all about convenience.

This will lead to wider adoption without a great deal of hype, and this will be a continual upward pressure on Bitcoin while simultaneously taking some of the pressure OFF of the blockchain. Plus, it should work with other coins Cheesy

My short term prediction is that BTC will continue to bounce back and forth in slightly narrowing swings with the upper bound at about 12.5K and the lower at 10K for a few weeks, with the swings getting narrower for a while, and then it will break upwards. I'm guessing right around the end  of February that the floor will raise significantly, while the upper bound remains similar. I base this on Tax Returns. The American market, particularly, finds itself flush with temporary and illusory cash right around then.

My longer term prediction is looser in terms of time, because of several factors. One, we do not know what China is going to do regarding Cryptos. We can infer from the backlash that South Korea is going to tread carefully to avoid civil unrest. I think that crisis has passed. Japan, having adopted it as a legal instrument of trade, will put some upward pressure on it.

The two wildcards from where I sit are BCH, which has already addressed the scaling issue, and Lightning. If Lightning gets a good public debut by the end of March, I would bet those who bought at the ATH and held will be laughing a lot, and those buying and hodling now will be hysterical. The day that bitcoin, even via a sidechain, achieves 40K transactions a minute, is the death knell for traditional fiat. Nations at that time will have NO CHOICE but to acknowledge Bitcoin, and probably approve it as legal tender.

Given its global scale, and the fact that there will never be more than 21 million bitcoins mined, it HAS to rise in value. The moment it goes mainstream is the end of it being inflationary. The World's Population stands at 7.5 billion and rising. Medical technology at it's extreme edges is ready to extend our lives. Do the math. Bitcoin at 20K was a bubble, but only because it was premature. This isn't tulips, and it's not .coms. (though that one turned out to also be more a matter of being premature than being wrong). It's something new. A means of owning wealth that does NOT CARE from whence you came. Anyone can get it, and it will grow in value so long as its utility exists. Nuclear war could render it valueless, maybe, but not much else at this point.

Buy and HODL while you still can get a good chunk!
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:30:28 AM

Absolutely, bitcoin will hit new highs, but not until weak hands are shaken. A market cannot move parabolically upwards perpetually. A healthy market requires corrections, and that's what we are seeing now.
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:31:23 AM

I believe we will see $20k by the start of February. History for the past few years has proven bitcoin has always fallen around this time of the month and then went back up to ath.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:32:45 AM

Let's just wait and be optimistic because the correction is already done during those bloody days, IMO. As we all know, Bitcoin is always unexpected and it can rise extremely well and even break the 20,000$ mark in the next month or so.

Portgas ace

Activity: 98

Assignments Trading Platform

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:38:07 AM

Yes, we’d see again the price bitcoin will rise 20k we just have to wait and waited for it happened, today, the price bitcoin began to rise, according to the news I price bitcoin will rise to a 20k time the new year China or the highway China, so we just have to wait at that time, I’m sure on the highway China price bitcoin will beyond 20k.

ZIGGURAT ICO ▮ BE PART OF THE FUTURE ▮ ZIGGURAT ICO
ICO Start: Nov, 20, 2017 ▮▮ ICO Duration: 150 days
TwitteInstagram[Early Bird Bonus]100% to 1%[Amount Bonus]FacebookReddit
Sukut (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:44:52 AM

While I agree with most of your replies (that talk about the technology), it bothers me how the futures contracts have impact on the market.

It is no coincidence that BTC dipped to 9000 on the last day of the contracts. Next month they can just inflate it for their own profit, who knows. I'm a firm believer that the governments do the same thing. And this fluctuations only bother the bigger investors, which, then again, influences the market.
Frankenbeanie

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:50:54 AM

In general i also agree with the discussion. but what makes me doubt the price action is tether. Tether has no real backing and to me it seems the company can make tether as the governments print money.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:53:24 AM

Big dump and bigger pump is how Bitcoin works. 20k$ gonna be real again in next month i guess.
perhaps cause it always happened which is when it dump then it will pump back and surge but now i think its impossible to touch down again that valued, cause as we noticed its been a month that the price still fluctuated maybe this is a long arrangement of bitcoin price.and i have doubts maybe the price will jump again into the high value before mid of 2018
germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:55:07 AM

For now, I think the price of BTC is unable to return to 20,000 US dollars, because the sharp drop in BTC prices, which has hit the confidence of investors, it will take a long time to recover. But I think in March 2018 may be close to 20,000 US dollars price.
so true
everything will come back but it still takes a long time, and many are predicting the same thing as you, but I really ask what is really in March? and why are people so optimistic that month?

Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:42:33 AM

This is not impossible that bitcoin will reach 20k+ again.Because bitcoin price is decreasing and increasing unexpectedly.You can see that bitcoin price reached almost 20k in the year 2017.Recently it decreases for some bad and fake news.It already starts to recover and now its price is almost 13k.Bitcoin is a modern currency and people use it in a large number.So its necessacity is increasing day by day and its price will surely increase.I can predict that bitcoin price will cross 20k+ in the year 2018 and this day not far from us, well will see bitcoin 20k+ again.

Rupok365

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:15:45 AM

There is a possibility of rising prices such as $ 20k increase. However, Bitcoin trading process price may be lower. The interest of people in this few years has increased to Bitcoin.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:17:55 AM

yes bitcoin will touch 40k in this year.and after that 200k too.bitcoin is future.

kilojay

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:24:09 AM

Of course we will btc will be 40k usd by this time next year.  2018 will be a big year for btc a lot of kinks will be worked out. Two words  lightening-network.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:24:35 AM

No one knows what future brings but Bitcoin is now in the media and thre will be a lot of articles and reports if it ever reaches new all time highs. This will attract more people to invest in BTC. But of course, no one can say if and when this will happen. For now people should hold their BTC and see wha t future will bring. If you do not believe in BTC and that they one day will solve the issue with transaction speed and fees then I would suggest to better hold another crypto like ETH or Ripple or whatever you think has a great future.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Kevin13

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:34:35 AM

Well, as far as I know this dip happens also on the same month last year but still crypto market gains x2 or higher by the end of 2017. If ever that would happen the same way as before then no doubt bitcoin will gain also the $20k or even more by the end of 2018.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:41:17 AM

(I'm all-in in Bitcoin for the record) I don't want to be a pessimist but I'm kinda going in to that direction.

We all know crypto bled quite bad the past week. Because of bunch of government issues, futures contacts, unconfirmed transactions and what not... We all also know that Bitcoin is neither the fastest nor the safest crpto currency out. The 3rd generation coins are way more in demand and people are in talks of the 4th generation. I'm wondering if BTC will ever see the light of day.

Tether deposited another 400 million USD to BTC, and it's said this is the reason BTC had an upward movement. However, my perspective is a bit blurred and I can't help myself but get more pessimistic about it.

When Bitcoin was around 18k, the only thing that was talked was whether it was the biggest bubble in history or not and (if it is) when it's going to burst. Now that it went up to 20k and went back down to 9k, it looks more of a bubble than not.

I'd like to hear what forum people say.
hopefully yes i want to see that 20k again like the past year it was the biggest price i want to be with us again and again.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: