Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:01:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Vs NEO  (Read 1669 times)
MarcJ

Activity: 166
Merit: 18

SUBAJ 🔥 Digital Loyalty Card 🔥

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:28:09 PM

Hi all, Does anyone know who is controlling the Ripple and NEO?
But, According to the information I heard:
Ripple controlled Bank, Banker "Bankster",
Meanwhile, the NEO "Pro Chinese Government" coins are released china.
If they compete, which one wins? ...
I prefer neo, and neo in my opinion will be better in the future. and neo is also very capable of attracting the attention of many people to buy it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nick7815

Activity: 159
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:16:51 PM

neo

but litecoin will outperform any other coin in 2018

Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:17:32 PM

Hmmm...no sense imho
Shit and chocolate are similar but not the same things.

Neo is the chocolate

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:29:15 PM

This video explains why us investors of the XRP token are effectively having our funds effectively funnelled to support the XRP token for the big companies that adopts it >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7PIh3di8E
The inflationary nature of XRP being released (given to adopting companies; and with the specific aim to STABILIZE the price to enable actual use) cannot be countered by the negligible burn rate of 3 XRP/min (probably there to trick inexperienced investors who do not know better).

Basically, it explains why us normal investors will effectively be ripp(l)ed-off by the Ripple company and the adopting companies/banks due to the above.
But still, it certainly isn't a scam nor a pyramid scheme (even though it has a characteristic of it as illustrated in the video); but IMO definitely not a good long-term investment that is for sure.

---
I've just gotten out of XRP completely, and reinvested all into VeChain (VEN), which price have dipped significant now + expectation to see massive %gain soon (like with NEO and OMG) due to a series of big news:
VechainThor Confirms Partnership: DApps, BMW, Oxford University
http://www.4-traders.com/BAYERISCHE-MOTOREN-WERKE-435724/news/VechainThor-Confirms-Partnership-DApps-BMW-Oxford-University-26070445/
Were each VeChain coin I hold would gradually generate Thor tokens!!!

The common trend with successful re-brandings is that the price normally dips first, before it starts shooting up significantly after, I had noticed.
---
I also hold a lot of Stellar Lumens (XML), which is doing a lot more than what Ripple does now (including functioning as an exchange (DEX), an internationally decentralized bank for third-world countries, and actually being adopted by small companies and foreign workers from developing countries, such as in SE-Asia).

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:09:13 PM

Even if xRapid is used, it does not automatically translate to a price increase for XRP.

This is since most money transfers are from Fiat to Fiat. Hence XRP is being bought and immediately sold close to the same price during the transfer, rather that being added to the XRP MCAP.

One way for XRP price to be pumped would be if one of these companies decides to buy XRP for themselves to keep. This will lead to a sudden gain in value, then stagnant.

Also Ripple is ALREADY releasing a large number of coins periodically (giving it to the companies who adopts it) which causes significant inflation (which isn't really countered by the pitiful coin-burn of 3 XRP/min). Basically us normal small time investors are being "used" to create liquidity for the XRP that benefits the adopting banks and companies, and especially the for-profit Ripple company; but the scheme they have designed for the XRP do not really benefit the small time investors at all if you analyse it critically. Their aim is actually to keep the XRP price stable, rather than trying to boost its value -- and this focus will increase as XRP gets more and more adoption.

If the Ripple company is listed as a stock, it will be way better to buy their stocks than to invest in XRP, IMO.

MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:22:12 PM

JuniAiko sounds desperately like Baee lmao. I bet this is another farming account of him, nothing better to do than to bash ripple and praise his shitcoin lmaoo
JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:30:52 PM

JuniAiko sounds desperately like Baee lmao. I bet this is another farming account of him, nothing better to do than to bash ripple and praise his shitcoin lmaoo

Yeah you are probably yet another XRP holder that got burned and hoping that it will get the same kind of over-hype to reach $3 again.
It is understandable that you are reacting so irrationally and could offer nothing but over-emotional "shit-talking", attacking me while completely ignoring the valid concerns and criticisms raised.

Also please get a clue. Juni is a female name.

MemberBerries

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:38:25 PM

Yeah you are probably yet another XRP holder that got burned and hoping that it will get the same kind of over-hype to reach $3 again.
It is understandable that you are reacting so irrationally and could offer nothing but over-emotional "shit-talking", attacking me while completely ignoring the valid concerns and criticisms raised.

Cheesy

Yeah... if i would have listened to people like you i wouldnt had bought etherium at ICO and XRP before it was cool Wink
Calling me someone who got burned. Okey Cheesy
Sorry if you have bought it at 3$ and now have the urgent need to "educate"people with your "valid concerns" Cheesy
Just hodl Wink

Seems every day you'll see someone yelling, "XRP is a scam/shit/banker's coin!!"

From where I sit, anybody that is still hating on XRP is doing it for one or more of the following flawed reasons:

They believe XRP really is somehow controlled or owned by banks, despite endless literature and open source code proving otherwise. Really, this just proves they are illiterate.

They don't know the difference between Ripple the company and XRP the coin

They don't understand that XRP can operate in precisely all the exact same use cases they advocate Bitcoin for, but 1000 times faster and 1000 times cheaper

They believe XRP isn't a legitimate blockchain crypto, despite that the XRP ledger IS a fully stand-alone, cryptographically-secured, interdependent chain of blocks. The difference being that nodes are not required to keep all the blockchain history because they only need to know the current state of the balances

They believe that the first 32750 XRP ledger "blocks" are missing but that's not true. Ripple reset the genesis block to this number to compensate for lost headers during the very beginning days of XRP, when virtually nobody was even using it. Those earlier transactions are still preserved however, and no XRP is lost or hidden behind this. Sure, it may have been a progenitor bug they were trying to correct, but they were the entire XRP validator network at the time and so they had majority vote and there was most likely no collateral damage. And even though they currently still have the majority vote (dwindling rapidly), even STILL they could never do that today without the endorsement of all the companies hosting trusted nodes, and unavoidable public scrutiny.

They believe that being able to mine a coin is the only requirement to qualify as a legitimate crypto coin, despite that both Bitcoin and Ethereum will also no longer be mine-able in the future as they reach their max coins

They believe that XRP being entirely pre-mined disqualifies it as a legitimate coin, despite that both Bitcoin and Ethereum were both heavily pre-mined

They believe that its trusted-validator distributed consensus architecture disqualifies XRP as a blockchain, even though the only blockchain aspects of any coin are merely the ledger blocks and interconnections that form the chain. The consensus mechanism that surrounds a blockchain is only for deciding what goes into a blockchain, and isn't part of the blockchain itself. It's like saying a car's engine is no longer an engine if you put it into a different car.

They hypocritically believe a whole nother Lightning Network layer on top of Bitcoin will adequately scale Bitcoin and make it just as appealing to the very banks they don't want to use it

They made a poorly-timed investment in XRP and lost a bunch of money and are now bitter

They just want you to buy their chosen shitcoins instead so they can make money off of you

They are in a position of influence and are manipulating the market for their own gains, or were paid by competing coin major holders to denigrate XRP while pumping the other coin (aka, paid shills)

They feel XRP is peaking and have shifted their funds to another coin and are now trying to prick the XRP bubble so they can buy back in at a lower price.

They believe the only function of a bank is bank accounts, so digital wallets should completely replace banks, right?

They believe everyone in the world has a smart phone

They believe everyone in the world is smart enough to utilize Bitcoin or other crypto

They believe that if the masses all adopted an anonymous blockchain like Bitcoin, all the world's woes would be solved

They believe that the mathematical blockchain concept is somehow 'owned' by puritanical anarchist philosophy

They believe they'd last more than 10 minutes if the world broke down into their desired anarchy

They have Asperger Syndrome (seriously)

They have a considerable investment in mining hardware

They are teenagers that are too young to get onto an exchange to trade their mined Bitcoins/Ether into XRP

They were dropped as a baby (not seriously) (probably not even funny)
titovvald

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:01:18 PM

I think that Ripple has no chances against NEO. NEO is definitely better Ripple
sunder54

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:14:48 PM

If they are compete I think Ripple will won the game because a few of banks use for their platform, can you imagine that a lot of banks in this world use ripple for their platform? yeah a lot of transaction use ripple and of course the price will be higher. Hmmm but ripple is centralized different with the other
MemberBerries

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:40:18 PM

Possibility with ripples codius project --> smart contracts https://codius.org

Peer-to-peer Hosting
There are many ways to host reliable services. But they all require constant maintenance, abandoned projects die.

Codius lets you turn your service into a peer-to-peer network. That means as long as there is one person out there using it, it'll keep running and it'll never be down.

Decentralized Apps
It's great that we have decentralized currencies like Bitcoin. But right now you have to choose between centralized, user-friendly and decentralized, annoying wallets.

With Codius, you can get the best of both worlds.

Smart Contracts
When two people transact, they could write the terms of their transactions into code, but neither of them might trust the other to run it.

Codius allows a third party to run it and attest to the integrity of the exact code it received.

Features
 Incredibly fast
Codius runs at close to native speeds.

 Secure
State-of-the-art sandboxing means applications are isolated from the host and from each other.

 JavaScript
No need to learn custom programming languages. Codius supports the language of the web.

 Built-in payments
Codius applications can pay each other using a built-in micro-payments system.

 Here to stay
Codius is used by Ripple Labs for banking and enterprise integrations.

 Connected
Codius can talk to anything connected to the internet
JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

Cheesy

Yeah... if i would have listened to people like you i wouldnt had bought etherium at ICO and XRP before it was cool Wink
Sorry if you have bought it at 3$ and now have the urgent need to "educate"people with your "valid concerns" Cheesy

...Blah imao imao lol lol

Yups, continue avoiding the valid points I have raised and continue with pointless over-emotional shit-talking.  Roll Eyes The concerns that I had raised on XRP as it is currently still stand. You are a waste of time.

And nope. I had bought XRP when it was between 30-50cents and I have since cashed out.
Unless the concerns above is addressed, and the Ripple company decides to reform the XRP token, I may then consider re-entering to HODL for the long. Else to me, it is just another coin for me to speculate on and to day trade in the short term.

MemberBerries

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:22:39 PM

--> your praised vechain. Copy and pasted

VeChain: This one speaks for itself. No whitepaper. Lied about having Vitalik as an advisor. Working product is a $500 NFC sticker printer. Sunny Lu meets with high level people for photo ops. VeChain team seen in local BMW dealership lobby taking pics. Wine bottle stickers.

NEO: Scam. Copy of Ethereum, which was created by a white man. Does not do anything useful, smart contracts are expensive as shit to deploy compared to ethereum.
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:16:01 PM

I don't really know but I believe that NEO has more chance to win this competition Smiley. Although the rank of Ripple on coinmarketcap is higher than NEO because of trading volume but the price of NEO at the moment is much higher than Ripple. I think in the near future, more investors and traders will pay their attention to NEO and they'll help NEO defeat Ripple soon Grin

Tiennou74

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:53:07 PM

Hi all, Does anyone know who is controlling the Ripple and NEO?
But, According to the information I heard:
Ripple controlled Bank, Banker "Bankster",
Meanwhile, the NEO "Pro Chinese Government" coins are released china.
If they compete, which one wins? ...

Best to buy NEO rather then Ripple ! Neo Keep rising,  Buy and Hold it for the safest investment !
Happy Investment and Trading

Thanks
Regards

Bigzilla

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

Cheesy

...Blah imao imao lol lol

Yups, continue avoiding the valid points I have raised and continue with pointless over-emotional shit-talking.  Roll Eyes The concerns that I had raised on XRP as it is currently still stand. You are a waste of time.

And nope. I had bought XRP when it was between 30-50cents and I have since cashed out.
Unless the concerns above is addressed, and the Ripple company decides to reform the XRP token, I may then consider re-entering to HODL for the long. Else to me, it is just another coin for me to speculate on and to day trade in the short term.

Tell me your valid points, I don't see any.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:28:37 PM

In my opinion NEO is ways more interesting and consistent. Someday it may even compete with Ethereum, I can't say the same about Ripple, which is not even decentralized... Lately I meet more and more people who are negative against XRP - there are lot's of reasons for this.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
MemberBerries

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:56:07 PM

@norihiro ...fail.
You cant even prove it
Abigail.Parsons

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

Well both are pretty centralised. NEO less than ripple. Neo also have future plans to decentralise which I'm not sure weather they will or not. They both have tremendous talent pushing them. They also have some eye wateringly strong partnerships. I could see ripple being the wests crypto of choice in the future and neo being the easts.
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:22:58 PM

Yeah I agree with post just before this one, in the short term both will become popular however as the world becomes more crypto savvy I will see more decentralized coins becoming even bigger and becoming the currency of choice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: