Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:53:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just keep it in mind that there is someone has more than 10k bitcoin  (Read 5392 times)
qikaifu (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:29:38 PM

He is always ready to give you a crash after your panic buying.
Keep money in hand and be patient, withdraw your open bid orders, to help the price fall, and you will get cheap coins.

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:31:24 PM

Keep money in hand and be patient, withdraw your open bid orders, to help the price fall, and you will get cheap coins.

I think it's a safe bet that there are people with a lot more than 10,000BTC on the exchanges.  Be afraid, be very afraid.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:32:23 PM

Someone has more than 10k Bitcoin???  Shocked

It must be Satoshi.
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:33:47 PM

Be afraid, be very afraid.

I don't see what's wrong with being aware of the existence of the big holders, especially those ones who are always ready to slash the market. Stop yourselves from panic buying and always being patient, you will get better chance to buy in at a cheap price.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:39:38 PM

I don't see what's wrong with being aware of the existence of the big holders, especially those ones who are always ready to slash the market. Stop yourselves from panic buying and always being patient, you will get better chance to buy in at a cheap price.

I agree.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:40:40 PM

Do you need to keep making seperate threads about this?
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:43:56 PM

I agree.

Right, because if I were a big holder, I'd really want the market to crash... qikaifu has several threads going, all with the same message: don't buy, let the market drop, then buy cheap. But why would I want to do you any favours, qikaifu? I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the market bringing up the price. As it stands right now, it seems that if not for the regular dumps, the market would tend to be bullish... if that's the way it's going, then so be it. If the big holders decide to offload some of their BTC and you *happen*  to benefit from it, great. But if they don't, either buy now, or buy fewer BTC later :-)
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:49:02 PM

I think we need a captcha to prevent these stream-of-conciousness threads. Similar subjects exist, have been 'debated' all to hell and back. This isn't bringing anything new to the table. Perhaps a timeout function and search? It could show that what you are about to post has in fact been done before, and give you about 10 minutes to think about it.

I know, who am I kidding - nothing works with the obtuse.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:49:53 PM

I think we need a captcha to prevent these stream-of-conciousness threads. Similar subjects exist, have been 'debated' all to hell and back. This isn't bringing anything new to the table. Perhaps a timeout function and search? It could show that what you are about to post has in fact been done before, and give you about 10 minutes to think about it.

I know, who am I kidding - nothing works with the obtuse.

I think we need a downvote function like on Reddit.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:50:26 PM

lots of people have lots of money.

Be humble!
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:00:08 PM

I agree.

Right, because if I were a big holder, I'd really want the market to crash... qikaifu has several threads going, all with the same message: don't buy, let the market drop, then buy cheap. But why would I want to do you any favours, qikaifu? I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the market bringing up the price. As it stands right now, it seems that if not for the regular dumps, the market would tend to be bullish... if that's the way it's going, then so be it. If the big holders decide to offload some of their BTC and you *happen*  to benefit from it, great. But if they don't, either buy now, or buy fewer BTC later :-)

You say that the market is going to be bullish from now.
But I say that if the market is rally too fast from now, it will be dangerous for the panic buyers. Time will tell us which one of us is right. Maybe you're already all in, that's why you want everybody else to do the same immature thing as you did.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:03:58 PM

yeah, lets drive market to low levels - that is the best way for it's growth. nobody buy anything at all!
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:09:23 PM

yeah, lets drive market to low levels - that is the best way for it's growth. nobody buy anything at all!

Don't twist my point of view, Serge. I'm just trying to stop people from panic buying, and at the same time suggest a smart buying at a low price.

If you're all in, just ignore my suggestion. If you're still have USD in the account of Mtgox, I guess you won't be regret with thinking about my suggestion.

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:09:47 PM

I agree.

Right, because if I were a big holder, I'd really want the market to crash... qikaifu has several threads going, all with the same message: don't buy, let the market drop, then buy cheap. But why would I want to do you any favours, qikaifu? I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the market bringing up the price. As it stands right now, it seems that if not for the regular dumps, the market would tend to be bullish... if that's the way it's going, then so be it. If the big holders decide to offload some of their BTC and you *happen*  to benefit from it, great. But if they don't, either buy now, or buy fewer BTC later :-)

You say that the market is going to be bullish from now.
But I say that if the market is rally too fast from now, it will be dangerous for the panic buyers. Time will tell us which one of us is right. Maybe you're already all in, that's why you want everybody else to do the same immature thing as you did.

All in? You think this is a game... I think this is a viable currency and commodity. None of us are ever going to be "all in" because this isn't a gamble. This is a pretty revolutionary way of looking at currency and monetary issues, which, unless there are holes in the code (and not being code-savvy, I have to assume others have looked at it and it's solid), will only ever move in one direction in the long run.

Years from now, we're still going to be buying BTC, because it will be the way in which to transact over the internet, because it will be gaining in value and because it will be secure... we'll just buy a lot less BTC for the same amount of dollars/euros/pounds or whatever.

The market is neither fast nor slow. It is what it is. It will go where it goes based on pressures that have to do with panic and greed, but also with a whole lot of other factors you aren't taking into account. If you think for a second that you can manipulate it in either direction by starting numerous threads on a pretty obscure board in an even more obscure corner of the internet, I fear you are dreaming.

But good to know I'm the immature one :-)
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:15:23 PM

Don't twist my point of view, Serge. I'm just trying to stop people from panic buying, and at the same time suggest a smart buying at a low price.

If you're all in, just ignore my suggestion. If you're still have USD in the account of Mtgox, I guess you won't be regret with thinking about my suggestion.

And how will you know when it's time to turn around? will you send signals to all telling everyone should buy now as much as possible because we are going to fly through the roof?
What if someone going to listen to you and miss out boat completely?  Will you just tell them "sorry, you shouldn't have listened to me"?

Advice to anyone: do what you got to do and what you feel is right and if you make a mistake, take it as a lesson and adjust your tactic in the future. Don't listen to bears nor bulls, all their advice is driven purely by personal gain interest.
qikaifu (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:17:25 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 04:32:10 PM by qikaifu

What if someone going to listen to you and miss out boat completely?  Will you just tell them "sorry, you shouldn't have listened to me"?

Advice to anyone: do what you got to do and what you feel is right and if you make a mistake, take it as a lesson and adjust your tactic in the future. Don't listen to bears nor bulls, all their advice is driven purely by personal gain interest.

If holding part bitcoin part USD, nobody will miss the boat in either direction.

A lot of users on this forum have been all in, and they just want to other people buy as much as they could. The most seen skill is to scare people by something like "What if you miss out boat completely". Of course, if you look at the Google trends, you will know that one day the boat will weigh its anchor, but not likely in the coming days. And lots of people buying beyond 20$, they're weak in faith, and I bet lots of them will sell their coin at a loss. That's why I think that it's very possible that their will be a better chance to buy.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bitcoin&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0

[/quote]
And how will you know when it's time to turn around? will you send signals to all telling everyone should buy now as much as possible because we are going to fly through the roof?
[/quote]

I don't know when, of course. I just think that if most people buy in a patient style, the price will go up in a slow and steady way. If people push the price up like 20% or 30% in one day, we will see a lower price than where the short surge begin, even if the low point of price is only temporary.

What a jerk who will blame other people on not giving advise as they've once given one.

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:18:31 PM

Precisely... a monkey with a ouija board has a better chance of predicting this market than anyone here. The number of variables is just too great to be able to compute them. My bet is that, in the long run, we're going upwards... but each of us has to do as our intellect dictates.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:28:48 PM

If holding part bitcoin part USD, nobody will miss the boat in either direction.

If you don't feel it's right time to buy - don't buy! simple as that. But you won't stop others from buying and selling at rates they feel right for themselves. You're just making yourself look like those screaming SELL SELL SELL and BUY BUY BUY but with a twist =)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:34:43 PM

Keep in mind that there are people out there with more than $100 billion dollars, Warren Buffet for example. He can at any moment, use 0.1% of his money to boost the bitcoin market to $1000+ per coin. So hold on to your coins.  Tongue

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:36:01 PM

Keep in mind that there are people out there with more than $100 billion dollars, Warren Buffet for example. He can at any moment, use 0.1% of his money boost the bitcoin market to $1000+ per coin. So hold on to your coins.  Tongue

Very good point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: