Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:46:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Altcoins fall when Bitcoin Falls  (Read 496 times)
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:09:17 PM

I think the habits of old traders with the current has changed. Once when bitcoin prices went down, traders sold bitcoins and bought altcoins. But now when bitcoin prices fall, traders are racing to buy bitcoin by selling altcoin first.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:26:35 PM

usually the price is always adjusted ,, but if the circumstances are like that, usually altcoin prices will be superior in comparison with the fall of the bitcoin, but it will only happen within a few days or maybe just a few hours. there we must be able to take advantage of the situation that can be obtained at that time, ..
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin? If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.
In short time! Bitcoin price fall and altcoin falls because most off altcoin trading with BTC. So when bitcoin fall altcoin fall in short times or long time!
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:44:28 PM

First thing first, when you think about cryptocurrency, what goes through the mind of the newbies or the just heards is bitcoin. That's usually their entry point. We all started with having just bitcoin, then in a few weeks or months we tend to realise there's a whole different world called altcoins that will also help us make more bitcoins, so then we go into trading. When bitcoin falls most of the light heqrted ones withdraw their investment, convert all their coins to fiat even if at loss. So all the more bitcoin and altcoin falls altogether.

Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:05:49 AM

I think that although bitcoin dominance is very low right now, and is only 34% (and I say low, because it was above 50% during a lot of time), it doesn't mean that people actually trust altcoins more than they trust bitcoin. I think they know that if bitcoin actually ever fails, not other altcoin will have a chance. Because if we get honest here, what do they really offer in terms of concept that bitcoin does not have? Bitcoin created this world, so if it fails so will other alts. So, in my opinion, when people see that bitcoin is showing signs of weakness, they actually start having doubts on the entire crypto world, and sell anything they have.

Of course that these last dips were due to the China exchange ban, and now the possible South Korea exchange ban. So these moves affected the entire crypto market, so it was normal for every cryptocurrency to drop.
shams

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:14:26 AM

It going on from the long time that when bitcoin is on the move up or down altcoins always goes down and there is a simple logic behind this and that is when bitcoin is on the move most of the money is invest in bitcoin and the people in other coins sell their coins to buy bitcoin and sell bitcoin when it goes up again so they can get more profit and when bitcoin goes down they start early when buy it back again when it starts to go up again so they can make amazing profit from it.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:16:26 AM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin? If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.

its not possible because bitcoin and altcoin price is interconnected with the entire world economy,

only thing is that you can observe a korrelation of the value of bitcoin and less known altcoins that are bought with bitcoin or ethereum,

bigger coins,that are better established behave more independent.

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:18:51 AM

of course this will happen when bitcoin prices are decreasing and there is an influence on the value of altcoin that will come downhill because at a time like this there will be two possibilities that will be done the traders. that will buy some bitcoin with altcoin they have and besides of course there will be many traders who choose to hold their bitcoin and wait until market price on bitcoin will return to show improvement. it is just a few observations that I just do and of course there will be many other factors that cause this to happen.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:23:16 AM

All cryptocurency fall in the same periode because any bad news about it, a few day ago any FUD at the same time that why demand decreased and many trader sold their crypto. And now FUD is finish and demand continue increasing and the volume also higher so the price will be back to normal.

yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:34:35 AM

Simple reason is, bitcoin leader and altcoin follower and follower never become leader. Altcoin will have more value if demand get higher than supply, mostly because buyer take action ( buy or hold ) in huge number. We don't know which answer is true but because real market is mystery that's why many people replace their asset into it ( unpredictable ). Don't waste time find answer, just follow your strategy and try to fix it when problem comes up. See you next time bro.

Team Saske

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

https://goo.gl/ePsALC

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:36:46 AM

Simply because none possess intrinsic value; with the exception, of course, of one.

Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

The primary reason is because altcoins are priced on exchanges according to BTC. It's how many satoshis etc. With the fall of BTC, all things compared to BTC will decrease in value too. This is why altcoins must move away from being compared to BTC when it comes to pricing. When that happens, the correlation won't be as strong.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
selline

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:54:55 AM

In my opinion, this means the bitcoin very have great influence to the trading market price or value of all altcoin there are both new and old because they rely on the bitcoin has value superior and attractive long-term investment in time so this is something which, in matters of interest to users of the bitcoin, hence altcoin will fall if bitcoin fall
yohanzo

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:15:29 AM

I think it because other altcoin's price is base on Bitcoin. Like 1 doge = 60 satoshies . Then when the bitcoin's price is falling down, the valuable of each satoshi is going down too.. That's why.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:48:42 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 03:00:38 AM by lablab03

Because people are buying Bitcoins with altcoins so they lose less value.
maybe this answer is right cuase as i see when that time bitcoin keep crashing i've noticed the alts is affected on the circumstances of bitcoin even the other alts has a red tagged also in the market list.  which is keep crashing gradually when bitcoin drop. Maybe some of the investor, invest in alt and they also covert to bitcoin when bitcoin drop, that's why the price of alts is affected. Also.  
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:53:26 AM

That is simply because bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies and we all know that our alternate coins will be converted to bitcoin in order to cash it out into fiat, in most cases. So that means there is an altcoin-bitcoin pairing that greatly affects altcoins' market value when bitcoin's value goes down.

kdn

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:56:14 AM

At least Ethereum and Neo are starting to hold their own against bitcoin movements.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:13:15 AM

The answer is people's panic,bitcoin is called as the king of the crypto so when its price fall other coin holders tends to get panic and will sell their coins to cash out because they will think this is the end of crypto(this news keeps spreading everytime when bitcoin price falls).SO they will sell their coins so the demand for their coins decreases and price also decreases.But there is no relation between the price of bitcoin an altcoin(directly).Each and every coin price is based on their demand and supply.
There maybe some other reason like they are selling there altcoins to buy bitcoin because it is a good thing to buy bitcoin when the price is crashed or dumped because we all knows that price of bitcoin will recover.
Soloking

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:16:45 AM

because most of the transactions in exchange are based on bitcoin and ethereum.
goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:18:17 AM

The answer is people's panic,bitcoin is called as the king of the crypto so when its price fall other coin holders tends to get panic and will sell their coins to cash out because they will think this is the end of crypto(this news keeps spreading everytime when bitcoin price falls).SO they will sell their coins so the demand for their coins decreases and price also decreases.But there is no relation between the price of bitcoin an altcoin(directly).Each and every coin price is based on their demand and supply.
There maybe some other reason like they are selling there altcoins to buy bitcoin because it is a good thing to buy bitcoin when the price is crashed or dumped because we all knows that price of bitcoin will recover.

agree with this fact .

bitcoin is main pair of currency of all altcoins on big exchanges .
so when bitcoin falls in terms of dollar , altcoins too fall , and in fear of down market people also do not pump it / buy it from fiat , so altcoins value go down with bitcoin downwards movement .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: