Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Water cooling on USB Erupters?  (Read 1160 times)
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

I did to calculation with double the current diff and a 50% increase in a year and I said just over 11 months to pay for itself they will last longer than that so they will make some btc in there lifetime

Here: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

I am positive if I paid for them in GBP that they would eventually make me some money buying BTC directly would make more money but that not an option for everyone

I'm not sure.  How much are you paying for them?  I'm not saying it's not fun -- if it is, it is.

I am into alt coins but I have been offered a fair few at less than  £30 each

Again, if you're doing this for fun, go for it.  Keep in mind that these things only do SHA256 (won't work for most alts).  Click on the link i offered above (the page is not very intuitive, click on the blue buttons to get drop-down menus), stick in your price & you'll see that your calculations are way off.  At least i think they are. 

I am sure there not off yours might include the running of the comp but I already have them on 24/7 mining alts so the com power is less than 2w same if you use a pi

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:00:08 PM

I did to calculation with double the current diff and a 50% increase in a year and I said just over 11 months to pay for itself they will last longer than that so they will make some btc in there lifetime

Here: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

I am positive if I paid for them in GBP that they would eventually make me some money buying BTC directly would make more money but that not an option for everyone

I'm not sure.  How much are you paying for them?  I'm not saying it's not fun -- if it is, it is.

I am into alt coins but I have been offered a fair few at less than  £30 each

Again, if you're doing this for fun, go for it.  Keep in mind that these things only do SHA256 (won't work for most alts).  Click on the link i offered above (the page is not very intuitive, click on the blue buttons to get drop-down menus), stick in your price & you'll see that your calculations are way off.  At least i think they are. 

I am sure there not off yours might include the running of the comp but I already have them on 24/7 mining alts so the com power is less than 2w same if you use a pi

Ok.  I understand.  Click on this link: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/3acaa699bf
I've entered 0 cost of electricity, zero shipping and zero associated costs (like usb hubs, whatever).  At this rate, you're still short $13 at the end of the year & will continue to be $13 short.  As long as you expect this, you won't be disappointed.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:09:45 PM

that is assuming it goes up crazy amounts every 30 days and the btc doesn't go up

if you buy 1 block erupter at the price i said and it doesn't make back its cost in 365days i will cover the difference Smiley

if you would like to take me up on the offer we can make it formal and even put some cash in escrow if you want no loss to you Smiley

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:17:25 PM

that is assuming it goes up crazy amounts every 30 days and the btc doesn't go up

if you buy 1 block erupter at the price i said and it doesn't make back its cost in 365days i will cover the difference Smiley

if you would like to take me up on the offer we can make it formal and even put some cash in escrow if you want no loss to you Smiley

I'm not going to take you up on it.  And i'm not going to talk you out of mining with the thing -- it's fun & cheaper than hookers & blow.  You have my *sincere, sarcasm-free* best wishes.
Have fun & make some coin.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:22:35 PM

Thanks

but i don't have any intentions of mining bitcoin i am just interested in the water cooling side of things Smiley

( alt coins is what i mine and trade way more money and more fun Smiley )

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: