Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Cannot find Signature"... What's this?  (Read 792 times)
yonydouna (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:46:39 PM

1) While I am editing, can I close and open the PuTTY without danger while I have not saved the changes? (:wq)

2) Assuming the worst case, if a mistake is made, is it possible to reverse it? reinstall the firmware, set it factory default, and start over?

1- yes if you use the  "x" bottom on top ,the setting won't be saved.

2- in theory the worst case scnerio is that you'll need to reset the miner. but still shit can happen.

since you are not going to do any coding , you shouldn't make any mistake, before you save just revise the code 2-3 times, compare it to the prev code you pasted here, make sure you have not deleted anything.

Ok, I ask you this since tomorrow I will post the edition step by step what you told me and ILL NOT SAVE THE CHANGE until you first see the code / photo and give me the approval.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:54:10 PM

1) While I am editing, can I close and open the PuTTY without danger while I have not saved the changes? (:wq)

2) Assuming the worst case, if a mistake is made, is it possible to reverse it? reinstall the firmware, set it factory default, and start over?

2- in theory the worst case scnerio is that you'll need to reset the miner. but still shit can happen.

since you are not going to do any coding , you shouldn't make any mistake, before you save just revise the code 2-3 times, compare it to the prev code you pasted here, make sure you have not deleted anything.

This can be solved a lot easier.
'openssl' is not used by the miner for day to day operations, so just move it out of the way and replace it with something that returns status code 0.. folk generally don't know how to use vi.

My miners are down at the moment so I don't know the file paths, but you should be able to do:

ln -sf  `which true` `which openssl`

Those are back ticks, not quotes. Assuming 'true' exists (I think it's in busybox), this would simply replace openssl with a symlink to true... which will return 0 no matter the arguments provided... and would bypass the signature check.

-j

yonydouna (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:14:39 PM

Ok, I ask you this since tomorrow I will post the edition step by step what you told me and ILL NOT SAVE THE CHANGE until you first see the code / photo and give me the approval.  Wink

WORKS!!!

at the beginning after modifying the codes and saving the pages I continued to restart the antminer and then again but this time doing the flashing, it did not work and when I checked the pages inside the PuTTY I realized that the codes were the same as before modifying them, seem when you reset the antminer (digitally) the codes return to their originality, given that I did the same thing again but this time I saved the codes and closed the PuTTY I went to flash it (with the firmware MOD) this automatically reboots and ready , I had installed the Blissz Firmware.

https://imgur.com/a/mJszoKB

What surprised me the most was how ridiculously easy it was to do all this for what it cost me to understand at the beginning.

I want to thank you mikeywith for having helped me and have patience for this, and wish you a happy new year Smiley
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

Glad it worked for you, it is strange tho, after you save it shouldn't return to prev code, unless you were doing something wrong, i know for sure because i restart my miners and setting are still there, but well you know, strange things happen, what matters now is that it worked out for you.

cheers and happy mining.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:24:00 PM
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Glad it worked for you, it is strange tho, after you save it shouldn't return to prev code, unless you were doing something wrong, i know for sure because i restart my miners and setting are still there, but well you know, strange things happen, what matters now is that it worked out for you.

cheers and happy mining.

The 'live' filesystem is reloaded from flash every boot. only /config is permanent.

Various other firmwares have handled this different. The only real way to fix this is a modification of the base firmware, temporarily do this mod or a variant, flash the updated base firmware.... from that point forward, all flashes should be good.

-j

mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:44:15 PM

The 'live' filesystem is reloaded from flash every boot. only /config is permanent.

Various other firmwares have handled this different. The only real way to fix this is a modification of the base firmware, temporarily do this mod or a variant, flash the updated base firmware.... from that point forward, all flashes should be good.

-j

makes 100% sense, dunno why hasn't this crossed my mined. thanks for the explanation.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
m3hm3t

Activity: 133
Merit: 15

~ Fortuna Favet Fortibus ~

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:31:28 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2019, 10:44:28 PM by m3hm3t

1- yes if you use the  "x" bottom on top ,the setting won't be saved.

Ok, I ask you this since tomorrow I will post the edition step by step what you told me and ILL NOT SAVE THE CHANGE until you first see the code / photo and give me the approval.  Wink

:wq where should write on ssh editor page? after  this?

Code:
# if [ ! -f runme.sh.sig ]; then
      #  echo "Cannot Find Signature!!!" >> /tmp/upgrade_result
#else
 #  openssl dgst -sha256 -verify /etc/bitmain-pub.pem -signature  runme.sh.sig  runme.sh >/dev/null  2>&1
# res=$?
# if [ $res -eq 1 ]; then
 #   echo "Installer Not Signtured!!!" >> /tmp/upgrade_result
 #else
#    if [ -f runme.sh ]; then
#   sh runme.sh
 # else
# echo "Incorrect firmware!!!!" >> /tmp/upgrade_result
# fi
 # fi
#fi

if [ -f runme.sh ]; then
   sh runme.sh
else
       echo "Incorrect firmware!!!!" >> /tmp/upgrade_result
fi
:wq
like this?
Because I'm doing exactly the same and after writing :wq I don't close or closing the ssh editor and going to directly upgrade page D3 but still saying "Cannot Find Signature!!!"
By the way I can modify easier on the WinSCP program with editor and saving.But still got "Cannot Find Signature!!!" too at there.Can you make a video tutorial for this please?

My code is: https://imgur.com/ye1f7YV
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:58:28 PM

there is something wrong with the way you handle the editing, :wq should not show there in the code , press "Escape key" once you are done editing , and then type

Code:

then hit enter.

what you doing there is adding a line to the code that says :wq and you are not actually saving anything.

also please refer to the complete guide here >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5090664.msg48938476#msg48938476

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
m3hm3t

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:00:20 PM

there is something wrong with the way you handle the editing, :wq should not show there in the code , press "Escape key" once you are done editing , and then type

Code:

then hit enter.

what you doing there is adding a line to the code that says :wq and you are not actually saving anything.

also please refer to the complete guide here >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5090664.msg48938476#msg48938476

Yes I figured this out and I saved without :wq look at the my screenshoot but still can't upload firmware
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 12:24:18 AM

I pretty much did not look at the screenshot  Grin sorry .

i wonder which firmware is that, it's strange tho, this method always worked, but judging from what you sent me via a pm, i can only assume that this must be a new firmware which has more "enhanced security" where they have similar if function somewhere else, but anyhow as long as you can access the miner through ssh there will always be a way out.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
m3hm3t

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 12:41:08 AM

I started to get this error after installing the new firmware of D3 so I did exactly the same Mike showed me how to.But Didn't work! then I realized in the www/pages/cgi-bin there is 3 file connecting each other and this three are calling each other.

"upgrade.cgi"
"upgrade_clear.cgi"
"upload_conf.cgi"

so I edited with this files in ssh editor I searched in existing "Cannot Find Signature" so I put # type before words as like Mike's codes. and worked for me. Thank you again Mike. Yes I think with the latest firmware having strong security with this 3 files I think.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: