Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:15:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin really secure  (Read 3095 times)
temdevs

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:55:31 PM

The blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin, it's is a very safe protocol and impossible to hack. However exchanges are vulnerable to hackers so leabing cryptocurrencies on exchanges not a good idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AstaYuno

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:59:39 PM

Not really secure because it is not truly decentralized
1. You need exchange to convert your btc to fiat and withdraw
2. If they hack that exchange then your funds are gone
3. You can also be hacked with phishing sites.
Rana590

Activity: 1736
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:09:19 PM

As Bitcoin is the world most strongest and popular coin, it has great security. I think personally that Bitcoin is more secure. If you have private key, email, password safe then your account and btc will be on secure.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

According to my knowledge of cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is still the most secure currency. Often we see Bitcoin trading platforms hacked, but never hackers can crack Bitcoin to manipulate the coin. The thing you need to do is to store Bitcoin in a cold wallet like Trezor, do not let Bitcoin in the hot wallet avoid the risk of losing all the property.

shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:50:55 PM

According to my knowledge of cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is still the most secure currency. Often we see Bitcoin trading platforms hacked, but never hackers can crack Bitcoin to manipulate the coin. The thing you need to do is to store Bitcoin in a cold wallet like Trezor, do not let Bitcoin in the hot wallet avoid the risk of losing all the property.
Definetely there is no need to worry about loss of money or anything like that. bitcoin is no doubt very much secure in terms of not getting steeled, hacked or any other thing like that. only the owner of bitcoin can use the bitcoins in any way he wants to use those bitcoins as he is the one who actually knows the private key which he can use to sell or spend his bitcoin. In addition to this, the transaction process of bitcoin is also very much secure.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:58:49 PM

After the today's disaster

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coincheck-stolen-534-mln-nem-were-stored-on-low-security-hot-wallet

I think we all need to rethink the whole security system. Bitcoin actually is very save, but with just only one level of security.

Being about money, we need more, even fi - Im not an engineer - what exactly.

I don't know, may be a kind of mobile confirmation, as with visa, or something. I mean: in the bank system, any suspect movement is immediately detect.
This should be possible even in crypto.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:59:18 PM

Definetely there is no need to worry about loss of money or anything like that. bitcoin is no doubt very much secure in terms of not getting steeled, hacked or any other thing like that. only the owner of bitcoin can use the bitcoins in any way he wants to use those bitcoins as he is the one who actually knows the private key which he can use to sell or spend his bitcoin. In addition to this, the transaction process of bitcoin is also very much secure.

Yes,for me bitcoin is very secure and dont be worry for loss because every way of transaction of bitcoin is very safe and its very fast and easy to transact.people purchase of bitcoin because all  persons know about bitcoin and know how to very safety the bitcoin so that people invest it and theres people become rich because of bitcoin and dont worry of longterm investment because people know can get a good profit.

Tutankryptos

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:10:59 PM

It depends from what point of view: even in its value will remain stable, it seems that there is a lot space for improvement, if we are talking about security:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coincheck-stolen-534-mln-nem-were-stored-on-low-security-hot-wallet
IanDev

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:20:23 PM

Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,

Bitcoin is going to be as secure as its owner tries to be.

It is up to individual responsibility.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:20:56 PM

As Bitcoin is the world most strongest and popular coin, it has great security. I think personally that Bitcoin is more secure. If you have private key, email, password safe then your account and btc will be on secure.
Its security will depend on the person especially for its password or private keys. Bitcoin was really secure because government doesnt have access on it and only the cryptography who manage all the transaction. If you want to secure your bitcoin especially the wallet where bitcoin was stored, put your private keys in a sheet or make a copy of it to your laptop or any gadget that you are using so tht you can easily recover it when something happen wrong.

BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:43:31 AM

It mostly depends on the user and the method he used to secure his bitcoin wallets and personal devices, It would always be better to avoid downloading software that looks suspicious as they might contain malware or key logger that are able to steal your personal details and log in information to your bitcoin wallets.
Yes bitcoins are better in security than any other coin right now. But this doesn’t mean that bitcoins are safest and the most secure. No, definitely there are some pros and cons of them as well and for this reason you can’t say bitcoins are attack free.

There are some preventive measures for everything and so is for bitcoins. Poole are not interested to know about them however they are most important.
kurt1212

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:50:13 AM

Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,
For me no one knows if bitcoin is secure.  But I assure bitcoin is most potential currency of all time,  because we all know bitcoin their are more life change. And for me its better.
Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:13:37 AM

Yes, I think it's secure, lots of people think it was a bubble but those people are full of theories. Bitcoin is secured itself, the question is, does your wallet secured? You should choose the right wallet for your bitcoin account especially if you have a great numbers. You should make a strong password for your accounts change it monthly not to be paranoid but just to be safe, beware of the fishing sites some of them copy the face of a website, check the URL be cautious before entering your wallet security address.
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:49:53 AM

Indeed bitcoin is more secure and proof is that you will never here about any news against bitcoin security and if there was any doubt in security of bitcoin then people will never invest such huge amounts in bitcoin. And also there is any weakness was in bitcoin then hacker will get that opportunity still but there is no weak point in bitcoin security.
pogitayo

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:02:07 AM

In my opinion, I feel that bitcoin is more secure compared to manual banks who store money in a big vault. Because bitcoin is digital, unless you are so professional in hacking, you can enter the what you so called bitcoin vault. But I bet that someone who will try to do that will be punished severely by the creator of this crypto.
The Count of MonteCryptos

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:13:18 AM

Nothing is "secure" on this planet.
But, even with lot of safety issues and weaknesses, bitcoin is more secure that other financial assets.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:24:47 AM
Merited by ivanst776 (50)

Bitcoin is a risk, but we must remember that the best profit comes from the riskiest decision we can make.
Bitcoin security is not perfect and it always depends on the internet and we have lots of hackers all over the world.
so better put some money on bitcoin and not take the risk of giving all you have. just a part of it.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:40:36 AM

Bitcoin is based on Blockchain Technology. This kind of technology is really hard to hack because it is a chain of blocks that needs to be altered before you reach what you really need. This security is hard to crack. Bitcoins security is still being developed by adding different security measures before you can open your personal account.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:52:56 AM

Yes of course the bitcoin network is highly secure and all transactions world wide are recorded on the public ledger called the block chain system which can be  seen by all the bitcoin user's so no one will be able to do any thing as no one has control over the bitcoin network or the block chain system, all the transactions are carried with high transparency in the network. Duplication of bitcoins is not possible and only limited number of 21 million bitcoins are only available in the bitcoin market for mining. The bitcoin user's need to store their bitcoins safely in a secure hardware wallets and thus can avoid hacking related issues from the user's wallet.

Baddo

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:16:40 AM

Yes 101% bitcoin really secure. If you think the bitcoin isn't secure all hacker can get bitcoin no on history is the bitcoin hacked. Trust to bitcoin brother just do it. We love bitcoin i trust it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: