Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 27% of England’s Male Millennials Say Bitcoin Better Investment Than Property  (Read 245 times)
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:37:10 PM

While it is true that the cryptocurrency world is fluid and easily entered, it must be borne in mind that because of security risks the country is tightening the noose around cryptocurrency activities. This is to dissuade anyone, especially terrorists and related groups from moving large sums via crypto. It is however true that the relative profit margin for margin between crypto and property is higher for crypto.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

But still the other 73% chose property investments rather than Bitcoin as an investment, the article just made the poll look positive with how they presented the news. Yet I have to say that 27% is really a big fraction of todays millenials and with its price being more attainable compared to expensive and limited real property I think that the millenoals will lean on cryptocurrency investing to get rich. Yes Bitcoin is also limited but it can still be purchase on its decimal value which I think is more preferable for millenials as they can have Bitcoin at a much cheaper price compared to buying a piece of land.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

I wonder when this survey was taken. If it was taken during the last few months of 2017, then we need to remember that Bitcoin was close to the peak price of $20,000 per coin and by that time it had given returns of 20x in 12 months. The figure would be obviously lower, if the survey is taken now.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:06:20 PM

I wonder when this survey was taken. If it was taken during the last few months of 2017, then we need to remember that Bitcoin was close to the peak price of $20,000 per coin and by that time it had given returns of 20x in 12 months. The figure would be obviously lower, if the survey is taken now.

The fact is bitcoin as risky investment can't be better than property.
Let's from value side, property value keep increase over 5 and 10 years meanwhile bitcoin still unknown because it's still young !
So it's difficult for people to entrust their wealth into cryptocurrency for next 5 or 10 years
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:45:21 PM

If England did it, why not in other country this is a good start to introduce crypto currency to most of the students who work alone while college. In fact this is a good opportunity for the teens who wants to double their money while working and while investing.
But i guess they did not know the opportunity and value a real state compare to crypto currency.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:50:17 PM

But still the other 73% chose property investments rather than Bitcoin as an investment, the article just made the poll look positive with how they presented the news. Yet I have to say that 27% is really a big fraction of todays millenials and with its price being more attainable compared to expensive and limited real property I think that the millenoals will lean on cryptocurrency investing to get rich. Yes Bitcoin is also limited but it can still be purchase on its decimal value which I think is more preferable for millenials as they can have Bitcoin at a much cheaper price compared to buying a piece of land.

It's very positive to me... 27% is a pretty high percentage all things considered. You have to take some perspective and realize how Bitcoin is still only 10 years old, and you are putting it to compete against the concept of private property which is I don't even know how many years old, probably thousands? so 27% 10 years later after it exists it's pretty huge. What will it be in 10 years? again have some perspective.

Most smart people want Bitcoin because they realized it's the only thing they can ever claim to truly own, given the fact that everything else is subjected to the constant risk of confiscation by the State, may they screw up on their operation, and on a long enough timeline all governments screw up and you don't want to be holding things that can be confiscated when things go south.

We can just hold Bitcoin and pick up some cheap houses when the housing bubbling and bursts with just fractions of a BTC.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:01:42 PM

It's very positive to me... 27% is a pretty high percentage all things considered. You have to take some perspective and realize how Bitcoin is still only 10 years old, and you are putting it to compete against the concept of private property which is I don't even know how many years old, probably thousands? so 27% 10 years later after it exists it's pretty huge. What will it be in 10 years? again have some perspective.

Most smart people want Bitcoin because they realized it's the only thing they can ever claim to truly own, given the fact that everything else is subjected to the constant risk of confiscation by the State, may they screw up on their operation, and on a long enough timeline all governments screw up and you don't want to be holding things that can be confiscated when things go south.

We can just hold Bitcoin and pick up some cheap houses when the housing bubbling and bursts with just fractions of a BTC.
On that short span of time we can really consider that percentage to be high if we do compare it into traditional investment trust and to add up on the factor that news will easily be widespread due to internet that do really helps up for young minds to know which thing is trending and can see out opportunities by themselves and presuming that this would be a better option than into those traditional things.
For those who are on the other side then they are just simply looking at the security why they haven't decide to engage with Bitcoin.
Zohina

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:40:56 AM

It's a very good news for the crypto community in general. I have earlier also mentioned that the majority of the investable funds are locked in with the older mass who are conventional in nature. Also they don't want to take huge risk in their investment portfolio. However, the survey shows that the new generation is more comfortable with the crypto investment. The only issue is that they don't have much investable funds in hand.

However, once this mass will start working and earning money, we will be able to see a lot of funds coming into the crypto economy. That change is not visible now, but it will be more evident within next 3-5 years once this new generation people will join their workplace. A change is definitely coming, slowly but surely.

but I think that it can only be applied in developed countries because investment in property in the third world is more profitable besides its value is rapidly increasing but can be at the same time for housing, but maybe in the next ten years if the need for bitcoin currencies starts to be needed, people can imitate developed countries using cryptocurrency currency but I don't think it's for investment but tend to be in the interest of substituting currencies between countries.
truongnguyen1585

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:01:05 AM

good
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:23:20 AM

It's most likely because they can't even afford property. Most millennial are stuck in low paying jobs that will simply never allow them to own property, or at least a property that's worth owning in order to rent it, because that is what makes it more interesting than Bitcoin, you can rent it and get some money monthly, and you could also live in it, with Bitcoin you can do nothing but hold it and see how it goes up long term, but has positives like 0 maintenance cost, it takes no physical space etc, so for millennial that live with parents it's an ideal asset in their portfolio. Actually I made a thread about this back then called "Young people should go all in on bitcoin". This was before the 20k run so I hope they did so.

This is the truth, the market of real estate in big cities like London is terrible for a person that is just starting to save money and in fact many young millennials with bad jobs will never afford a house so it makes sense they look for other ways to invest their money and obtain profits and bitcoin seems like the natural place to invest, since the profits are great and it is easy for a millennials to understand its utility contrary to what happens with older people.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 06:17:54 AM

This is the truth, the market of real estate in big cities like London is terrible for a person that is just starting to save money and in fact many young millennials with bad jobs will never afford a house so it makes sense they look for other ways to invest their money and obtain profits and bitcoin seems like the natural place to invest, since the profits are great and it is easy for a millennials to understand its utility contrary to what happens with older people.

It is true that the property market is very expensive whereas I can buy bitcoin for $100, but you can get into that market through buying REITs shares for cheap as well.

Apart from that, what the article tells me is that millennials are more open minded regarding this issue than their parents’ generation.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: