Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I get my 0.04 BTC back from Localbitcoin.com, is this website a Ponzi ?  (Read 92 times)
LocalBtcStoleMyBTC (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:01:26 PM

The profile or ID was opened since 2016 and I have only used it 2 to 5 times while having just one successful transaction recently. I receieved BTC into the localbitcoins wallet address (13KDirU7vAeBQ1Pj33YSV5Q6yGS27TRDxL) recently and I found out that I can no longer use it. I can't send my BTC out, I cant use it on the website either.

I can proof everything here. My account is even verified.

This is the message i received from Locabitcoins.com

xavier.localbitcoins
Hi!

Unfortunately your account is now deemed to high risk to trade on this platform due to the fraudulent activity(intention or not) this account has committed.

As a result you are no longer allowed to trade on this platform

Thank you for understanding

Best regards, LocalBitcoins
In response to:

I replied to the sms sent to me, I am yet to get a reply.

My Reply

"Hi, As a matter of fact, I have never partake in any fraudulent activities as this is my 2/3rd time of using the localbicoincs.com services. I am really shocked by the reply I received while on tour, I had to quickly get online to reply.

If I am not allowed to use the service, can I get my BTC back in this case ?

Thank you"

On The Lolcabitcoins.com forum

'If I am not allowed to use the service, my BTC should be returned to me. Did I run into a ponzi website ? Like 17m I have never, again never done any fraudulent activity before. Not even one. Can Localbitcoin proof this to me. What is this for crying out loud. I want my BTC back.Like
9m Where is the Admin, I need my BTC back, this is not good.Like'

See images of my account history bellow.

https://imgur.com/G5jIG2C
https://imgur.com/AvIZOJD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:06:21 AM

I'm not sure how they came to the conclusion that you were dealing with fraudulent activities when everything in your history is sell orders. Unless you did not follow through with releasing the coins after the buyer of your coins have sent you the money, then i don't see any way that your account could be used to commit fraud.

Anyways, localbitcoins is legit. They have held in individual customer accounts far more than your 0.04 BTC. It's not a ponzi because it does not promise any returns.

The website surely has reason to suspect your account, and your best shot at getting your money back is to reason with them in a polite manner. Eventually you should be able to receive your bitcoins back.
LocalBtcStoleMyBTC (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:32:04 PM

I'm not sure how they came to the conclusion that you were dealing with fraudulent activities when everything in your history is sell orders. Unless you did not follow through with releasing the coins after the buyer of your coins have sent you the money, then i don't see any way that your account could be used to commit fraud.

Thanks a lot for your advice, I really appropriate it. If you check the screenshot of the profile via these links, (https://imgur.com/G5jIG2C),(https://imgur.com/AvIZOJD). You will find out that only one successful order has happened on the account since 2016 and it happened in 2018.

Anyways, localbitcoins is legit. They have held in individual customer accounts far more than your 0.04 BTC. It's not a ponzi because it does not promise any returns.

I think a lot of people always get this wrong. PONZI Pyramide Scheme: Many do not know that even the current or traditional financial capitalist system is nothing but a pure Ponzi Pyramid Scheme as we all witnessed the death of the Capitalist system in the year 2008. The economic recession that stole over 2 Trillions of Dollar from the world is nothing but a Pure Ponzi Pyramid Scheme.

Lets take for example, everyone decides to withdraw his or her money from a particular bank, what do you think will happen to that bank ? ( In most cases where 90% of the customers money is being used to trade and make billions by the bankstars. Is Localbitcoins immune to this ? (No, it makes a lot from the maker already as I believe not only that but also deposit fee) The money taken from Mr A is handed over to Mr B, Mr B  and so on. It's the same thing.. When it fails (Too big to fail ) then it becomes Ponzi scheme, but when it's still thriving deceiving people, it's not a Ponzi. This is a typical Example of MMM but in another version.

I lost a lot in MMM Pure Ponzi pyramid scheme and to say Lolcabitcoins.com is not a ponzi scheme or does not have characteristics of a Ponzi Scheme is like waiting for it to happen to you or be on the receiving end.

If you check the Blockchain (https://blockchain.info/address/13KDirU7vAeBQ1Pj33YSV5Q6yGS27TRDxL) as we speak, the BTC has already been spent. By who ?  That has an element of a Pyramid Scheme and to say otherwise is like waiting for recession of 2008 to happen again or to be on the receiving side.

The website surely has reason to suspect your account, and your best shot at getting your money back is to reason with them in a polite manner. Eventually you should be able to receive your bitcoins back.

I hope so. I will surely update this thread as as soon as I hear back from the Admin.
Thanks a lot once again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: