Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why crypto will die  (Read 298 times)
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:40:37 AM

Bitcoin was reacting because it needed a lot of energy, but it was actually a blockchain system that required energy. Unfortunately, this energy is needed to process the data. I think we do not have a big problem.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:44:52 AM

Mining will allow Bitcoin to be worth more, there is more coins that have not been sold before. That will cause the price to appreciate.

if you like I will write a program that wastes energy and burns out CPUs by download a million images and counting
how many black pixels are contained in these images and will sell you this useless information and you can call it
mining if you like and then lets see if the price of this information will "appreciate"  

Are you sure you understand mining because none of the new super fast coins that are gaining ground on Bitcoin
are using it so they must all be worthless right  Cheesy

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Ray3z

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:49:46 AM

First watch this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LSBZtL_sLs

Crypto is incentivising people to destroy the planet.

At the moment the world is focused on getting rid of plastic, I'd say crypto is what we need to get rid of next.

If your crypto isn't green it's going to be taken out and shot. If your favourite coins don't destroy the plane they might have a future.

I read your post and i think you said that only green coin can survive and the others will be die.
I think your statement make us realize how important is green.
And also i think crypto will not die at all because you said green coin will survive and more green coin will be born.
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:51:34 AM

When we talk about energy, each country has a different capacity. In some countries, electricity usage does not reach the target. Maybe Japan and Hongkong or U.S with high usage, certainly different from the state of activity unlike them.

when we talk about resources, although some altcoin projects exist that make natural resources their primary target, I'm sure they must have overcome their impact. this must happen because of the era that has progressed.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:52:33 AM

First watch this vid.

At the moment the world is focused on getting rid of plastic, I'd say crypto is what we need to get rid of next.

If your crypto isn't green it's going to be taken out and shot. If your favourite coins don't destroy the plane they might have a future.

I got your point regarding the power consumption but It's true that Cryptocurrency will be the main element of the transaction purpose, you have to realize that Already a lot of Money invested in this platform and people are getting engaged in this system day by day.
If this system will get collapse then you can be assured of seeing another economic recession like 2007 in Europe. But Definitely, Cryptoworld has brought us a vulnerable economic system and we are becoming dependnet on this platform day by day.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:57:50 AM

Someone forgot to take his meds today  Wink

Yes and its you

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 12:58:50 AM

First watch this vid.

Your post shows a lack of understanding of the fundamental science behind cryptocurrencies. Crypto has nothing to do with destroying the environment. And by "destroying the planet", I'm guessing you mean all the energy that goes into mining Bitcoin and other proof of work based cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin and several other cryptos use proof of work, which requires a huge amount of power. But, that is not a property of cryptocurrencies in general, that was one implementation to make the network more secure. In the future, cryptocurrencies will adapt to be more energy efficient, and that is already happening. Thus, your post is not considering advances in technology.

He is crazy. Should we all stop driving cars too? Do you know how much damage cars do? Mining cryptocurrency doesn't use any more electricity then driving to the shops and paying in fiat. People seem to forget that banks use servers too they just not called miners and they work differently. Every single online transfer or trasnfer from your credit card all goes online and there has to be server computers to process this and they are owned by banks. Instead of that we have miners that can be used by anyone and not just the banks like the banks server computers are all private and controlled.

On a global scale mining is not a problem in the slightest. The OP should fight other causes.... Perhaps use hemp and solar power to power your mining rigs?

coinycoiny (OP)

Activity: 273
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:11:02 AM

He is crazy. Should we all stop driving cars too? Do you know how much damage cars do? Mining cryptocurrency doesn't use any more electricity then driving to the shops and paying in fiat. People seem to forget that banks use servers too they just not called miners and they work differently. Every single online transfer or trasnfer from your credit card all goes online and there has to be server computers to process this and they are owned by banks. Instead of that we have miners that can be used by anyone and not just the banks like the banks server computers are all private and controlled.

On a global scale mining is not a problem in the slightest. The OP should fight other causes.... Perhaps use hemp and solar power to power your mining rigs?

Some would say I am mad as a hatter.

But comparatively sane in this company Smiley
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:48:49 PM

Thank you for the replies guys.

Its a bit like talking to Jehovah's witnesses on here but I do enjoy a challenge!

Oh well, back on the meds.

Let's be completely real and objective then. You're claiming that too much power is being used on mining and that it's destroying the planet.
My question to you is how much energy is being produced and wasted?  Power plants are able to make much more than is being drawn at night, when most businesses are offline and people are sleeping in their beds. You can't store power (unless you're willing buy that overpriced tesla home battery) so it's much better to use it on mining than let it go to waste.
fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:19:55 PM

First watch this vid.

In the video I understand using monitors to run his crypto farm makes it easier but he should seriously consider an alternate solution. That would save more electricity. Additionally, I feel like on the grand scale of things Its causing more good than harm. When it comes to destroying the planet you need to look into waste and global warming. Not crypto learning :p

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
boruto99

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:12:31 PM

why do you say so? we have a very unlimited energy.
maybe you are too worried ..
Relax bro Grin..
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:16:38 PM

waste a lot of energy? yes
but you forget the others crap going around like the global warming (if you are american you might not trust it), China who denied to use filters on their factories with the highest pollution on earth and others stuffs.. let's concentrate on BTC drawing energy.
Focus on different stuffs not just posting bullshit here.
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:22:08 AM

First watch this vid.

BTC is too energy consuming
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: