Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 10314 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:29:09 PM

I would like to start selling things in exchange for bitcoins. The problem is that I live in California, and we have a sales tax here. I was wondering if anybody knew how to deal with that. (If the government doesn't yet recognize Bitcoins as currency, do I still have to pay taxes to them for sales that I make?)
I think it depends on whether you tell government on what amount of things you have and how you do business. If you do it from legal entity, then you have to pay taxes as you tell government what and when you had sell this or that thing. But if you have a small internet shop, than you don't have nothing to do with taxes.

Uh, wrong.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joecharlemagne

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:45:41 AM

I guess we will have to start paying taxes in 2014.  I'm not sure how the IRS plans to enforce this, but they are giving it a go.

http://www.bna.com/bitcoin-litecoin-dogecoin-b17179890404/
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:30:08 PM

In the U.S., the IRS has made it a definitive point that they expect cryptocurrency investors, traders, and holders to report their crypto activities on their tax return. If you want more information on this, we just created a blog post on it, just in time to file  Wink

Bit.ly/TaxSeasonCrypto

Good luck!
golek upo

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:16:36 PM

Don't pay taxes!  That money is used to support the government!
The tax that we pay regularly, is our contribution to the development of the country and the development of the state. But many government officials that use tax money to private interests they.

tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:34:19 PM

The tax that we pay regularly, is our contribution to the development of the country and the development of the state. But many government officials that use tax money to private interests they.

Not all so don't  be generalized, I know your point and I do understand it, but what can we do if the government already imposed taxes on it, there is nothing we cannot do but to follow, I would rather lose some of my earnings rather than putting my name in danger.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

I like that you understand that. And then what? You want everything to stay as it is? I do not think so. Through taxes, we can put pressure on our government. Not to pay taxes means to deprive corrupt officials of income. It's the only way to get justice. Bitcoin is the best thing that was given to us. But many people do not understand this and may lose it.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:45:15 PM

I like that you understand that. And then what? You want everything to stay as it is? I do not think so. Through taxes, we can put pressure on our government. Not to pay taxes means to deprive corrupt officials of income. It's the only way to get justice. Bitcoin is the best thing that was given to us. But many people do not understand this and may lose it.
You are right, we all know that tax is for the benefit of all the people especially those who are in need so it is such hard to think that some government officials are really abusing it, for me it is okay to corrupt but they should give the benefits at least 90% to the project and they can get the 10% not getting all the 100% and many people still are starving.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: