Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: avalon + BFL miners in hand? pro miners  (Read 4179 times)
QueenB

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

Out of curosity, i sent out a couple of emails to prominers. I asked them to show me a proof that they have the units on hand. Just a few minutes ago I received this email from the prominers contact J. Baumgartlinger

one of the images for Avalon is the same one I got, while a additional picture of BFL miner as well. This is very similar to the post of the bitcointalk user allten (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236794.0). I doubt allten is the pro-miner guy.

I checked out their twitter. they have posted the big rig as well

Source: https://twitter.com/ProMinersNet/status/368801483124244481/photo/1

I am not an expert but looks like a photoshop of the miner.

you decide!!! For me it doesnt instill a lot of confidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QueenB

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:24:22 AM

got another response just now

BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:06:41 AM

I thought a black card or hard sheet of some sort occupied the space for the minirig screen?  I saw a minirig pic somewhere where that specifically was described -- that there is no screen on the minirig.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:48:36 AM

If you look closely at the chat, the chat software came from http://www.virtualspirits.com/

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:59:59 AM

We have not sent copper heat sinks to anyone that would resell the unit and I'd like to know how they got a hold of a NEX1500, with one of our cables that is for a Jalapeno (not a single), plus the rest of the parts to a minrig that that should be in a minirig...

I'd also like to know how that unit is mining, since it's not plugged into the USB port.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
QueenB

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:01:20 AM

I thought a black card or hard sheet of some sort occupied the space for the minirig screen?  I saw a minirig pic somewhere where that specifically was described -- that there is no screen on the minirig.

here is the reference link of how the mini rig is currently delivered

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276670.0

QueenB

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:10:24 AM

continuing on my saga with the pro-miners. I asked him if he can point his rigs to a pool of my choice for 15 mins...I randomly created an account on BTCGuild and sent him the details.

the 1st rig powered up in a couple of mins, was supposed to be 50 GH/s BFL

here is the screenshot

the 2nd  rig powered up after 10 mins of BFL run time was Avalon 80 GH/s

here is the screenshot

looks like he does has some hashing power on his/her hands....

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 04:24:33 AM

got another response just now

I took a bit of a closer look at this picture.  That unit is one of our development units with short boards inside... I thought that setup looked familiar.

It is a total scam.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
QueenB

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:33:32 AM

I took a bit of a closer look at this picture.  That unit is one of our development units with short boards inside... I thought that setup looked familiar.

It is a total scam.

Thanks Inaba.....but somehow he has some hashing power on his hands.....he was able to direct almost 80GH/s to a pool I asked him to...not sure how he did it. but did so consistently for 20 mins.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:43:00 AM

It is a total scam.

Thanks Inaba.....but somehow he has some hashing power on his hands.....he was able to direct almost 80GH/s to a pool I asked him to...not sure how he did it. but did so consistently for 20 mins.

They need only know someone with an Avalon, they could run 1 module, then 2, then 3 to simulate multiple units. Plus, the question is not whether they have at least 1 unit. The question is, if you send them BTC with no escrow, will they send you hardware. After so many questions about the authenticity of the pictures, I wouldn't do business with them unless via a reputable escrow service.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
QueenB

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:57:51 AM

They need only know someone with an Avalon, they could run 1 module, then 2, then 3 to simulate multiple units. Plus, the question is not whether they have at least 1 unit. The question is, if you send them BTC with no escrow, will they send you hardware. After so many questions about the authenticity of the pictures, I wouldn't do business with them unless via a reputable escrow service.

+1

J3nc

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:10:13 PM

I also out of curiosity mailed them about purchasing a bfl miner this is how the conversation went.

I'm interested in buy a asic miner but I have some questions 1st.
Is it possible to do a local pick up? Can I pay on delivery/pick up or do I need to wire/send founds 1st?

Hello!
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Yes, local pick up is possible - where do you live?
We are located in austria that's why direct pick up is too far for most people.
If you'd like to ship, shipping fees are on us.

It is also possible to direct some hasing power to a pool of your choice, so that you can be 100% sure we have the miners in hand.

Which miner are you interested in?

Hi again,

I would prefer local pick up as I can make sure everything is in order. I live in Slovenia close to Austrian border. I'm interested in BFL 25gh or 50gh miners.

Hello,
Well please understand that all our Miners together are woth thousands of Euros.
That's why we don't make our location public, it is much too dangerous!
So shipping would be easier and safer for both of us.

You can pay via bitcoin or paypal.
With paypal, you even have double guarantee: The buyer protection from paypal and the product guarantee from the developer (butterfly labs).
So you have 2x security + I can send you pictures + we can let the miner work for a pool of your choice for 20 minutes or so, you will get some BTC for free and will be sure that we actually have them in hand.
This way, you are 100% safe.

I would prefer to do a local pick up even if not at your exact location. I know you can provide pictures and a good 80G of hashing power to any pool/account but that still does not equal holding an actual miner in my hands even if its in a parking lot of a shopping mall. So even if you are really selling asic miners you have so far almost no credibility, meeting me in person and selling me an actual miner would boost your credibility and I could vouch for you on bitcointalk. Any way I will be paying with bitcoins so unless your willing to use an escrow agent like John K shipping is out of the question.

No conversation since and considering 1st few mails were less then half an hour apart I would say I'm not getting a reply.
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:36:43 PM

We have not sent copper heat sinks to anyone that would resell the unit and I'd like to know how they got a hold of a NEX1500, with one of our cables that is for a Jalapeno (not a single), plus the rest of the parts to a minrig that that should be in a minirig...

I'd also like to know how that unit is mining, since it's not plugged into the USB port.

You've got my virtual thanks for unmasking this scammer!

[@OP/MOD: this thread should be moved + add scam tag]
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:59:29 PM

You've got my virtual thanks for unmasking this scammer!

[@OP/MOD: this thread should be moved + add scam tag]

+1

My question is, how did a scammer get a hold of dev boards? or is it a stolen pic?
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 08:04:55 PM

It's a stolen pic, since I'm the one that took it! Smiley  It's just been photoshopped quite a bit.

QueenB

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

It's a stolen pic, since I'm the one that took it! Smiley  It's just been photoshopped quite a bit.

Kudos to the unmasking effort by the community...Love it Smiley

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:37:43 PM

They have an affiliate program, where they give you 0.05BTC for every friend you scam!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:33:23 PM

Kudos to the unmasking effort by the community...Love it Smiley
Ditto!
Side note:
BFL may have hiccups but at least you guys still help the customer. I see more and more ASIC companies fall behind each day. We all do. New ASIC companies who were trusted on faith alone, but now have failed to deliver on time. The way shipping is picking up on those Jallys, i'll be racing home from work one day soon Cheesy Keep on truckin' BFL. Monarchs do sound mythical, but hell, so did a lot of other inventions. It'll be very interesting to see how the next year of BTC super computers plays out.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: