Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:23:14 PM

Your opinion is correct, bitcoin can not be equated with Ponzi at least, because it is so different, Ponzi is seen if it is a fraud system, and bitcoin is digital currency and nice bitcoin in trade and investment, I think your friend has often become Ponzi victims, you should be patient to explain to your friends about the positive bitcoin

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinswizard

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 11:28:25 PM

Bitcoin can't be a ponzi scheme because it does not promise anyone to pay more for their investment. It's like any other currency but the main difference is it's virtual and don't have any central government to control it.
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:42:37 PM

But if Bitcoin holds steady at the price it is now why would people put money into it.  They only put money it because they think they will be able to take out more than they put it.  No point in putting in 10k this year to get out 10k in a year's time.  
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:48:13 PM

Yes you are right. Bitcoin is decentralized and has no central authority. For a ponzi to work you need to have a central controlled fund that the scammer controls. Everything is in the scammers hands until they decide they want to run and the ponzI is very and then collapses. Bitcoin can't collapse and become useless like that because there is no central authority that gives it it's value but rather an open market.

cryptoheroin

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:51:21 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
For the people who has enough knowledge about blockchain thats the normal thought,but if you know how blockchain works you cant say bitcoin is a ponzi scheme.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
kasansa

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:53:36 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
Absolutely.Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme.It is completely a decentralized currency where no body would be there to organize such loots as in ponzi scheme.

Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:09:39 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

I think you went straight to the point. Developers are working on bitcoin since it was worth nothing, and I would say it's fair to say that they will continue to develop it no matter what happens. There is no referral program, like there was with bitconnect, and no one is asking for people to buy bitcoin. We know that the price will rise if people buy, but that is true for all markets because of supply and demand offer. It could be a bubble, meaning that is way over priced (not saying I agree with this, because I don't), but people can call it a bubble if they want, but they can't call it a ponzi scheme.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:11:26 AM

I say no, you don't need any referrals to gain off bitcoin
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:40:04 AM

Since my day 1 on becoming a bitcoiner I always read news about bitcoin being  a ponzi scheme. I ask myself how it could be a ponzi scheme if I can earn some money with it. Maybe others called bitcoin a ponzi scheme because they are being scammed using bitcoin or they invested on HYIP and lose their money on it.

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:40:26 AM

Way too far buddy! Bitcoin is a legit and not some sort of scam like what you think. I think people are often misinform about bitcoin. And also some people are riding the bitcoin's fame and making their own definition of it and collect money to other people and they say that it is bitcoin but actually not. Theyre just scamming people. Bitcoin is legit. Smiley
BTCerm

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:57:51 AM

It's hard to tell whether Bitcoin is more like Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme. Whatever it is, though, it isn't a currency. It's a tech stock. Each Bitcoin is really a share in a system that seems to make it cheaper to transfer things online money, stocks, bonds, even the deed to your house by cutting out the middleman. Well, kind of. Bitcoin doesn't remove the middleman so much as replace him with middlemen who don't make you pay much, but make society as a whole do so instead.
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:03:39 AM

No it's not...
To make things clear,a ponzi scheme is a scheme without any base.That means there is no market and no such.Bitcoin has a market and it's price is  subject to bid and sell while ponzi schemes only promise alot of profit without any transparent source of the money.

It's sad that now people relate bitcoin to ponzis and that's because criminals used bitcoin feature of irreversible transactions to make ponzi schemes and scam people.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:37:30 AM

Bitcoin is absolutely not gambling or ponzi scheme. I using bitcoin just for make me easy transaction and some time trading. No ponzi at all

Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:45:03 AM

Of course you are right. I think these people who are saying a lot of negative comments and remarks against Bitcoin lack the education and information about Bitcoin. They should at least read and study more about Bitcoin before they start babbling. How can Bitcoin be a Ponzi scheme? Bitcoin does not ask anything from us. As a matter of fact, we are the ones who are benefiting from it. 
magicmeyk

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:07:03 AM

You are right, mate just ignore them and do what you do. People like them are just scared to invest on something they do not know.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:07:06 PM

No, it is not at all a Ponzi scheme, even though it has one element of the Ponzi scheme: the value of Bitcoin rises ALSO because newcomers want to buy it and doing so they are creating wealth for the holders. FIAT money is much more a scam than Bitcoin, believe me.

Bitcoin 1 cent to $20,000 in 10 years ??
bloodyvio

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:25:44 PM

bitcoin does not have a ponzi scheme
but bitconnect yes
and bitcoin is totally different from bitconnect

BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:35:55 PM

Yes, you are correct. Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme. There is a lot of ways to gain Bitcoin and they are through trading, holding, lending services, and Bitcoin lending. Ponzi scheme is a scam that uses the returns of the old investors to pay as revenue to the new investors. We also need to educate people regarding Bitcoin that there is a big difference between Ponzi scheme.

waltdanger

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:42:11 PM

Bitcoin is negative sum game, and with Tether, real dollars are leaving and going into the scammers pockets and fake dollars are entering. Bitcoin itself is not a ponzi, but in it's current state with scammers running central exchanges, it all but is.

Tether is greatly accelerating the collapse of crypto.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:47:21 PM

Bitcoin has many accusations with this its because many people are starting to felt threatened because most industries they are in might fall down due to the rise of cryptocurrency, don't mind them we know that bitcoin is legit and has a benifit for all of us.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: