Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it a bubble?  (Read 880 times)
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:03:46 AM

many people say that bitcoin bubble, honestly I still do not understand what is meant by the term bubble earlier?

until now I am still curious

Think of it realistically if you're having trouble grasping the concept of a bubble. When you blow a bubble, you're inflating it. If you inflate it too much it might pop, but while you're inflating it, it gets bigger and bigger. Similarly, Bitcoin can be considered a bubble. People blow into it by putting their money into it and investing even though they have no true security on their money. More and more people put money until at one point, someone with a lot of money in the bubble pulls out and the price drops down and the effect snowballs.

To call Bitcoin a bubble makes sense on some terms, but I think we saw a pretty big pop over the last week.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SunMixer

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:12:26 AM

many people say that bitcoin bubble, honestly I still do not understand what is meant by the term bubble earlier?

To some extent, they are right, unless bitcoin was not inflated by speculation different. And now we see the opposite side, in which everything is not so cloudless and many participants have already lost their money. So here's the lottery.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:12:45 AM

It means that the price/value of the asset is farly higher then it should have been, which means that the asset is overvalued.

It usually happens when a big hype happens on something and everybody runs to buy the asset, even though it doesn't really worth what people are willing to pay for it.
The big risk with bubbles that you may find yourself losing large percent of your investment once the bubble explodes.
FairWin.Tech

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:57:31 AM

Maybe the unwelcome attention that some governments pay to it shows that Bitcoin is the real thing, not a bubble.
Rhaiyah

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:28:28 AM

To some extent, they are right, unless bitcoin was not inflated by speculation different. And now we see the opposite side, in which everything is not so cloudless and many participants have already lost their money. So here's the lottery.

I think many people lost their money because they buy bitcoin in high price, no one will know that the price of bitcoin will going down now, the best thing to do is keep hold. Don't sell your bitcoin if you don't get profit .
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:36:59 AM

This question has been already answered multiple times, many such questions are already answered by the community members. You should have done proper search to get the answer before creating new thread. There was no bubble at all, people are not fools to invest their hard earned money in any imagined asset.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:49:45 AM

For those who believe Bitcoin is an economic bubble, the main argument is a fall in prices. It should be understood that at some point the BTC price skyrocketed as the huge number of new users compares with the total number of those already involved at that time. Generally, price is a major indicator of the importance of cryptocurrency.
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:05:49 PM

Bubble in currency/capital market means sudden rise or sudden fall in price. How bitcoin is a bubble? Bitcoin`s price is rising continuously since last two or more years. It has increased its pace in the month of December last year but that was not new to bitcoin currency. Increase ans correction in price are the basic needs of any currency. After reaching $19000 price tag, profit booking started, which was expected by its investors. Many bitcoin opponents predicted bitcoin will crash and will vanish from market. Nothing like that happened, bitcoin price slipped upto $10000 mark and settled there. Now  once the correction mood is over it will start raising again.
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:15:01 PM

No, why are you still asking this? It has already been replied 10's of times in here.

Just stop spreading that shit, it is not a bubble, and it will never be, and with "bubble" they mean that the price is only going up without any reason and that it will go down harder soon.

20 k price was bubble. You see for how long time price is around 10 k . But is BTC in it's core bubble, or does it have real usage ? We will see.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
BigTerror87

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:53:13 PM

"Bubble" means a mania or hype which eventually burst anytime more like a fraud. Just like a ponzi scheme that anytime could collapse.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:00:10 PM

When they say "bubble", they are referring to bitcoin as something that won't last long. It may be good and fly for a short time, but eventually, it would pop or burst, which equivalent to it losing value. I think many are claiming or believing that due to the aspect that cryptocurrencies are so volatile; it may go up and down at any time, and thus the value of many coins may change without notice or warning, which could be affected of a thousand or a million reasons governing the market. I think since it has been present for a decade, it should be considered as a bubble anymore because so many things have already happened to it, and evidently, it still survives.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:18:31 PM

Bubbles happen when something is overvalued and the current growth isn't sustainable. Rather than utility, speculators invest into an asset only taking the price into consideration and when an asset's growth is primarily-driven by speculation it is in a speculative bubble. We have already seen that at certain intervals Bitcoin behaves like a bubble, when speculators artificially inflate the price, there obviously comes a period of correction/decline to normalize/stabilize. Less than 1% of the world population uses Bitcoin, still in the price discovery process, volatility, speculation, but until Bitcoin's growth is primarily driven by its utility, there would be times where the valuation wouldn't be sustainable and people coming with analogies like tulip mania, bubble theory, no intrinsic value, just numbers.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:41:34 PM

Bubble can be means when it has been overvalued, it will be burst and value back to basic. But, by datas of 21M total bitcoin, there are about 80% has been mined and still 3-4M left. I think it's still enough for miner to gain profit from it as the price still enough to increasing. But in fact, since many country are banning and limiting activity of both Bitcoin exchanges and miner, they are starting to regulated with charging high tax from electricity and transaction gained belong. These could be one of reason many miners are leaving it. Holding all your coins asset are good advise for now, because many people should be waiting for safe signal for buying more coins.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:47:12 PM

Bubbles have the nature to popp when they get too big.
Bitcoin did not popp, at the moment it has a bearish/decreasing phase. And that is something very normal in economy.
To me even the fact that the bitcoin price decreases, or at least how it decreases shows that bitcoin has has become a part of the worldwide approved economy.

It's me!!!
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:42:01 PM

Bitcoin to be called a bubble is if the value drops to zero or close to zero which did not happen. Bitcoin is in a development in progress to achieve its full potential to become the future of the world's financial system and it is just starting to gain its momentum. The recent price drop we experienced is just bitcoin showing its true value shedding off those who have weak hands in the market.
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:46:08 PM

many arguments and debate about that question.
when bitcoin started to pump up.
and many people say that it is a bubble .
for me i might say there is a scheme
where 1 person can control the price because he/she hold  a huge amount of btc.
in order to control the dump .
and i think the bubble thing will not happen.
but the dump will still happen because that is the characteristic of any cryptocurrency.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:08:41 AM

many arguments and debate about that question.
when bitcoin started to pump up.
and many people say that it is a bubble .
for me i might say there is a scheme
where 1 person can control the price because he/she hold  a huge amount of btc.
in order to control the dump .
and i think the bubble thing will not happen.
but the dump will still happen because that is the characteristic of any cryptocurrency.

I think It has a possiblity that this will happen bitcoin bubble because if the bitcoin will down into zero we have nothing to hold on like for example the bank close we has still insurance with it and can withdraw a certain amount. But all I can say it is too far that bitcoin will loose its value.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:20:33 AM

Here is some references from google and wikipedia, and i do think searching from there is more easy than asking in the forums.
bub·ble
ˈbəb(ə)l/Submit
used to refer to a good or fortunate situation that is isolated from reality or unlikely to last.
"we both lived in a bubble, the kind provided by occupying a privileged pied-à-terre in Greenwich Village"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble
An economic bubble or asset bubble (sometimes also referred to as a speculative bubble, a market bubble, a price bubble, a financial bubble, a speculative mania, or a balloon) is trade in an asset at a price or price range that strongly exceeds the asset's intrinsic value.

So basically a bubble is where an assets was traded in a price of range which many economist think that it is overvalued and will burst one day causing collapes to the economic system, there are lots of economics bubble sample as you will see in the wikipedia list such as tulips bubble, housing bubble and stocks bubble and recently bitcoin also added as a bubble mostly because of the volatility  Grin Grin
Poppy5555

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:22:14 AM

Bitcoin is a bubble of people entering into it. When there will be people more than the capacity of bubble, it will burst. And in the other case if its dip is for long time even then it is going to flop.
greenchy

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:36:07 PM

It really looks like a bubble! It grows up now. But once all of it ends

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: