Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2018 the downfall of bitcoin?  (Read 4162 times)
kjnfmplm (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 09:55:56 AM
Merited by Wipangga (1)

*Newbie Here!* Because of fluctuations in the value of bitcoin, is 2018 going to be the biggest downfall of bitcoin? What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:04:24 AM

I would suggest that you check the historical price of bitcoin dating back maybe 2 years or so and you will see that it is common for BTC to fluctuate. Given that it goes down dramatically if there is FUD like banning or regulations being implemented. Vice versa when there is good news. But as the saying goes, nobody can tell what 2018 holds for BTC. What we need is faith in the technology and patience.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:09:35 AM

Why'd you say that 2018 is bitcoin's downfall? Because it dropped in price? Bitcoin's price has been hugely fluctuating in price since forever; and price doesn't determine the success of bitcoin. Lightning network isn't even being currently used besides for testing, so I'd say bitcoin is just getting started.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ruzadovec

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:12:54 AM

i don't think so. bitcoin will improve the speed of the transaction and it will become more popular in the world.
Jmabion134

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

i think no, in just little dump of bitcoin it will continue the dumping?no its not it also pump because many people will encourage for using bitcoin because they want to earn money and for their future and i know the bitcoin future is so great it rise up to million
Taqi Ahmad

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:21:51 AM

*Newbie Here!* Because of fluctuations in the value of bitcoin, is 2018 going to be the biggest downfall of bitcoin? What do you think?
I don't think so that Bitcoin is going to be downfall in 2018. Why I say like that? Because more people who join and access bitcoin, so it's going to be uptrend as well as the value is rising. This is the proof that in 2018 to the future bitcoin will the biggest crytocurrency uptrend. Bravo BTC!!!
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:21:54 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is a strong crypto currency being itbas thebfirst digital currency. It have surpassed all thru the years and have shown positive price increase. Although we experience fluctuation, it's normal and for sue btc will recover from it.
crypto_sagor

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:25:54 AM

I saw a Facebook post that Bitcoin was down in the beginning of 2015 and it is very high at the end.
The year of 2016 is the same. And in the year 2017 I saw myself.
Now it is my point that at the beginning of  2018, 2 times the price has decreased, then maybe a major price increase in the next few months or at the end of the year 2018.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://kwhcoin.com/)
NoviceInvestor

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:26:54 AM

I'm not too familiar with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

But, my experience in other markets makes me think this:

Absolutely nobody knows if 2018 will be the downfall of Bitcoin. Nobody. No matter who they are or what they say.

And, we will not know if 2018 will be the downfall of Bitcoin until the 31st of December 2018. And even then, if it has crashed, it might suddenly rally and start going up hand over fist in 2019.

Once markets detach from fundamentals they become utterly unpredictable.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:28:36 AM

Bitcoin price fluctuates all the time. From time to time there's a correction which is normal for the market. And then the price increases again. Just look at the charts from previous years. That's why bitcoin will not downfall.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:29:40 AM

being a newbie is not an excuse for not checking the history of bitcoin.
to put simply price has always been fluctuating like this and has been pretty volatile. in fact it has been a lot more volatile than what you are seeing these days.
the volatility is a part of the small bitcoin market and as it grows, the volatility is also decreasing. as i said if you check the history by looking at some pr ice charts you will see this clearly.

finally i should remind you that being volatile is not the end of something! that doesn't even make sense if bitcoin has a "downfall" as you put it just because its price is not increasing and decreasing with your standards that you have in your head.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:35:55 AM

are you sure of what you are saying, because bitcoin has has a yealry uprise in price since its inception, and mostly it looks like this in the beginning of the year. You'll be suprised to see the price in some days ahead. Bitcoin has come to stay and BTC will forever rise, it's just about time
jhuliacrysty

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:38:53 AM

I do not think so, if earlier this year bitcoin fluctuated so drastically that it makes people like you think that the year 2018 is the fall of bitcoin so I suggest you to see the bitcoin history from year to year from there might get an answer from your fears .
Bitcoin is the best coin today and for the future so I'm sure bitcoin will not be that easy to fall without a huge cause.
Bitcoin is a large coin that is not large with instant but many obstacles that make this bitcoin has a big name.
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:47:11 AM

Its just a correction, a healthy correction if you're going to look at the yearly chart bitcoin falls every 1st month of the year and after Chinese New Year i think it will increase so hold on into your coins because they will pump very hard! i suggest to buy more until it reverse upward. right now we may see a pump and dump price of bitcoin.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:49:48 AM

hello newbie! welcome to the world of bitcoin! if you are a newbie, you need to learn blockchain and bitcoin before you reach such conclusion. you can use this awesome forum to learn about all about bitcoin, just spend some time reading Smiley
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:02:01 AM
Merited by Sexy_Sees (1)

Nobody really knows.

As a newbie, you have to decide what are you in this for. Are you in it for the technology? Are you in it for the socio-political impact? Are you in it for the economic impact? Or are you in it for free money! you have to decide for yourself whether you want to believe in Bitcoin as a long term thing or just something you want to 10X your money from. The 10X isn't happening anytime soon (or it may!)

The market value of bitcoin has increased many folds but that doesn't mean it will continue minting money for everybody. At its core, its a technology that needs work to establish the new scaled mechanisms for payments, like the Lightning Network.
Here, as usual,  Bitcoin is leading from the front while others continue to try to manage the market in order to pump their coin in the name of "widespread adoption"

In my opinion, for the time being, other marketed coins like Bcash will continue to try and scavenge off of Bitcoin's development, Banks and Governments will keep trying to meddle and control while we will have another small bunch of people trying to understand the tech, its limitations and possibilities, work for it and become a part of this ecosystem.

In the short to medium term, the speed and transaction-fee issues will be solved and the good fight shall continue.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

Every year starting all the markets are down for example gold, dollar etc. But cryptocurrency is affected in some trading issues in two countries so majority of the investors are jump to some other altcoins so Bitcoin value is down in the market. This is just simple issues so everything is solve in few more weeks. In 2018 also Bitcoin is raise in the market so all the investors are hold your Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BrokenRules

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:11:41 AM

In 2017 ,this year is a very impressive year with many memorable milestones  for Bitcoin and virtual currency. Bitcoin has become a "super-profitable" investment and traded futures.

In 2018, Bitcoin is expected to continue to see new developments. One of the issues that is not inconvenience for investors is that bitcoin trading now taking too much time and costs. Meanwhile, some other coins like Litecoin or Bitcoin cash overcome this disadvantage. 2018 is predicted the continuous developing the rise of virtual currencies such as Litecoin, Ripple, Bitcoin cash ... beside traditional Bitcoin.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:14:32 AM

I don't think like that, so far bitcoin price still at $11,000 and the lowest price just reaches $9000 after that the price goes up again. You should have to see the growth bitcoin price from day to day, week to week, month to month and year to year bitcoin prices are very volatile you need to understood that. It's too early to say 2018 bitcoin will downfall, and I feel that's a situation that will not happen.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:23:30 AM

I think it's not. Bitcoin is volatile and we all know that. It is normal for bitcoin to increase and decrease it's value. We must be patient for there is a right time for everything. There is a right season to pick the fruits of our hard work. Let's not lose hope even if the value of bitcoin is going down now, it'll surprise us again soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: